This forum is a disturbing place! This is the limit!

MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
Today I have read a comment made by a member of this forum that has seriously disturbed and disgusted me! I have been called a "Victim of domestic abuse" Becuase I sympathized with Veera when Baldev was pushing her around. I have been told, that is the reason that I am having a "strong reaction" to this subject! ALL this, in response to me calling this member "immature" because she refused to see two sides to any argument! I even apologized! But I was STILL attacked in the most disgusting and vile way possible! 

This forum is there for all of us to discuss the show! Of course in the course of that, we will encounter opinions that are different to ours! If someone persists in just bashing a character out of some vendetta they have against them, then you will have to agree it is immature! That is not a personal attack! But I still said I am sorry for even saying this much! But the response I got? That was a personal attack! 

In the past 3.5 years of being a member of India forums, I have never encountered such behavior! I think the moderators should take this issue very seriously! Because it is becoming dangerous to even make a post on this forum now! Unless you blindly worship Baldev, then you will be called a victim of domestic abuse "yourself" because  you have sympathized with Veera! 

I can't believe that people go THIS far, that they would say something so despicable to someone they don't even know? Calling someone immature and calling them a victim of abuse are vastly different things! For those who think it is OK to make such comments to people... Shame on you! Grow up please! Also to those who "like" such comments? The same applies to you as well! Just coz you can't win an argument don't play this dirty! It reflects on you very badly! This was going too far ,and I had to make this post! Because I don't think anyone deserves to be treated to the comment that I was! It was just sick and cheap! This member has crossed their limits! 

There are real domestic abuse victims in this world too! To them it is not a joke! To us this is just a topic to debate! So all I want to say to these members that go down to this level is, please elevate yourself! You don't need to stoop so low! 

Thank you! 

To Moderators: 

Please close this thread if you so wish. But I had to make this topic. Because I don't think it is fair to treat people in such a lowdown and cheap manner just for expressing their opinion! These members think they own this forum and only their opinion counts! They are bullies and bullies need to be shown their attitude will not be tolerated! That is the purpose of this post! 

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KambakthIshq thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I couldn't believe what I read...It is beyond disgusting to personally attack someone this way. The domestic violence comment was a cheap act. I hear yaa!!Edited by KambakthIshq - 9 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: KambakthIshq

I couldn't believe what I read...It is beyond disgusting to personally attack someone this way. The domestic violence comment was a cheap act. I hear yaa!!

Thank you for the moral support! It is much appreciated! The message needs to be sent clearly that such personal attacks and such cheap talks are not needed to debate a topic! Some people think they can say anything and get away with it! Well it's not the case! 

Time was when this forum was a fun place to be and I actually enjoyed interacting with people here! But now its like some battle ground. All everyone does is bash. After they bash the characters, then they start bashing you as well! 

I dont understand how the moderators can let this behavior continue? Unbelievable! 
Kabshah thumbnail
I have been called a sadistic human being so far because I wrote somewhere how Baldev is getting wrong in this relationship.

I am a big Baldev fan. Even today, I feel so bad seeing Veeba relationship going this way. In fact i watch Veera only for Baldev and VeeBa love story. But yes, in this forum, you cannot say wrong to a wrong, and another rule of this forum is, you have to hate Veera and bash Veera...

anyway, I am enjoying it because it surprises me  how they are more obsessed with their hate for one woman than love for another man. hate is prevailing..
Edited by Kabshah - 9 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kabshah

I have been called a sadistic human being so far because I wrote somewhere how Baldev is getting wrong in this relationship.

I am a big Baldev fan. Even today, I feel so bad seeing Veeba relationship going this way. In fact i watch Veera only for Baldev and VeeBa love story. But yes, in this forum, you cannot say wrong to a wrong, and another rule of this forum is, you have to hate Veera and bash Veera...

anyway, I am enjoying it because it surprises me  how they are more obsessed with their hate for one woman than love for another man. hate is prevailing..

Agreed! It is interesting how these members say that people who give a balanced view are "hyper and emmotional?" But people who just go on and on hating on one character and bashing them are very unemotional? But to call someone a domestic violance victim, just coz you want to get a dig at them, shows the level of cheap behaviour some people think is acceptable! ALL this just to win an argument!

Even I am a Baldev fan and I was upset that he lowered himself by acting the way he has, yelling and pushing and throwing things. I know he is a MUCH better person. I wanted him to show that person! No matter how much Veera hurt him! 

But here there is no concept of Agree to disagree! No rationality of any kind! But they accuse others of being emmotional! Seriously I was shocked when I read that comment! I had decided not to bother commenting any further, so I left the Veera forum and just went to other forums I visit! Today, just by chance I checked that thread again, and lo and behold... I see a comment calling a ME a domestic violence victim! That was just SO cheap that I had to comment back! I also made this post because I didn't want these members to think that I was intimidated by their cheapness! 

Even the people who "like" such comments are equally culpable in my eyes! They seriously need to get a grip! Yes! In this forum, blind worship is the only way to be! Also blind hatred! We should all just come here to bash Veera all day! We must never feel any empathy for her! If we DO, it must be coz we have also been victims of domestic violence! So unless I am a battered wife, I should not feel sorry for Veera? Disgusting sentiments! To makes such comments to people you don't even know, proves the mindset of such members and those who support them! 
Kabshah thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

Agreed! It is interesting how these members say that people who give a balanced view are "hyper and emmotional?" But people who just go on and on hating on one character and bashing them are very unemotional? But to call someone a domestic violance victim, just coz you want to get a dig at them, shows the level of cheap behaviour some people think is acceptable! ALL this just to win an argument!

Even I am a Baldev fan and I was upset that he lowered himself by acting the way he has, yelling and pushing and throwing things. I know he is a MUCH better person. I wanted him to show that person! No matter how much Veera hurt him! 

But here there is no concept of Agree to disagree! No rationality of any kind! But they accuse others of being emmotional! Seriously I was shocked when I read that comment! I had decided not to bother commenting any further, so I left the Veera forum and just went to other forums I visit! Today, just by chance I checked that thread again, and lo and behold... I see a comment calling a ME a domestic violence victim! That was just SO cheap that I had to comment back! I also made this post because I didn't want these members to think that I was intimidated by their cheapness! 

Even the people who like such comments are equally culpable in my eyes! They seriously need to get a grip! Yes! In this forum, blind worship is the only way to be! Also blind hatred! We should all just come here to bash Veera all day! We must never feel any empathy for her! If we DO, it must be coz we have also been victims of domestic violence! So unless I am a battered wife, I should not feel sorry for Veera? Disgusting sentiments! To makes such comments to people you don't even know, proves the mindset of such members and those who support them! 

What disturbs me is people justifying violence. There is this husband (our baldev) who takes out a gun and tries to kill himself, or his wife. Veera was arrogant and still so, but she never harmed baldev or never intends to do so. Today Veera's life is in danger. Of course, baldev has some mental disease. But you know, in reality, there are so many people with mental issues, and they cause unspeakable harm to other people. Their acts are not considered right or justified. You can sympathize with Baldev's character and perhaps empathize also, but justifying saying "Veera deserves so" is so wrong and immoral...anyway, I would suggest you just to enjoy reading how hate prevails love in this forum. And you should be happy that you are enlightened and you can differentiate between right and wrong. be happy that you are strong enough to pinpoint even when your most loved character is wrong. :-) (We have all sort of people in thos forum, do not take their comments personally)
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
@ Kabshah
I know what you mean and thank you! Your right I am a Baldev fan and not even a Veera fan. But we can still love our favorite while having enough humanity to feel some empathy for the other person too! I don't think you need to apologize for that, or be accused of being a victim of violence for that!

Your right, I usually don't care about what people say! But this member just went too far and crossed all her limits! People who act in such a cheap way need to be shown that people wont just take their abuse and cower down to them! THAT is why I made this post!

Trust me I have no interest in ever speaking to this member again. I will not even by mistake make a comment on a thread she makes again, coz she does not know her limit! I may not have been a victim of domestic abuse, but I have most definitely been the victim of verbal abuse on this forum! Looks like you are too. To be called inhuman sadist! :)
Kabshah thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

@ Kabshah

I know what you mean and thank you! Your right I am a Baldev fan and not even a Veera fan. But we can still love our favorite while having enough humanity to feel some empathy for the other person too! I don't think you need to apologize for that, or be accused of being a victim of violence for that!

Your right, I usually don't care about what people say! But this member just went too far and crossed all her limits! People who act in such a cheap way need to be shown that people wont just take their abuse and cower down to them! THAT is why I made this post!

Trust me I have no interest in ever speaking to this member again. I will not even by mistake make a comment on a thread she makes again, coz she does not know her limit! I may not have been a victim of domestic abuse, but I have most definitely been the victim of verbal abuse on this forum! Looks like you are too. To be called inhuman sadist! :)

ha ha..yes. But I do not feel bad about being abused. I just pity such members who can be so judgmental and so much negativity in them.  We are all strangers here. Yet, some members here make personal comments and  verbally abuse someone if the other person doesnot agree with their point. They have so much energy to spew hate all the time...just feel bad for such human beings. And be happy for yourself..:-) ...Enjoy Veera, much to come in the future, much to discuss , much to raise questions- that is why we have this forum..:-))..
walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
There are three elements in the story.  The viewer, the Actor, and the Character.   The Character is made to behave in a particular manner, as the script is written not by the Actor, but by a third party belonging to an interest group.   Unfortunately, what the Viewer seems to diagree is not with the behavior of the Actor, but the character, as painted by the CVs.   So the main target has to be the mind set of the CVs.

Moral values are there for all to see.  Baldev is supposed to pass through a mental confusion due to his personal shock, but now he is overcoming it by going to Gurdaspur and trying to resolve the situation.  That too is circuitous logic.  The clues were found by Veera, but the credit is given to Baldev.   Veera too could have shown some maturity by discussing with the lawyer, but she lands herself into gratuitous danger.

But the idea of dragging it for so many episodes just to find the real culprit is not because the people of the village are less intelligent than ordinary mortals, but the CVs have enginerered this community into some corner of their choice.

Just do not argue among yourselves, but pity the low mental caliber of the CVs for framing the story this way. Perhaps they too have to bend their backs to suit their bosses, after all the bosses are after TRP and Ad revenue.
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
@Wallquest 2000:

I agree! The CV's really should not have gone to the lengths that they did. One with showing Baldev throwing his weight around! Less is more. Dont need to have him act out on a daily basis and do some "Julum" to show he is disturbed!

Veera also could have been shown at least taking her sister in law in her confidence. I know she doesn't have that many people to talk to, coz her family are estranged from her and she has a "Monster In Law" not a Mother in law! But still, for drama factor they have also shown Veera take undue risks! At least tell Jahgi and Billa to keep an eye on RV's house when she visits him! Just for her safety!

But instead we see extreem behavior from both ends and endless dragging. This high point we are at now could have come at least a week earlier! But like you said, that is the mindset of the CV's who like to have the heroine crying and the hero being macho! They seem to think that gives higher TRP! Beats me!

But you are right. We can have these discussions without going to the length of insulting fellow members and acting cheap and making low down comments!