_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
"Kyra, we need to talk." Viraj said over the phone.
"Now? I'm getting ready for my bachelorette... Oh... You want to warn me to behave... Ohho! Don't worry husband-to-be, I'll be good... Maybe." Kyra said giggling.
"Kyra I'm serious. We need to talk right now. Let's meet up. Please, can I come over?" Viraj said seriously.
"No, I'll be there. Let's meet at your palace." She replied, wondering what could be serious enough that he couldn't wait till the next day... Their wedding day.
"OK. Come fast. Dadaji's out for a while. I'm waiting." Viraj answered nervously.

Viraj's head reeled just thinking of the events that had taken place in the past few days.
He wondered what he had done to make a free-spirited, bold girl like Kyra think that he loved her. And what kind of guy got married at 23 anyway? Why didn't he have the guts to say no earlier? Oh, right... Kyra was his BFF and she was enthusiastic about it. All because of Dadaji. The same Dadaji who was now scheming to publicly shame her entire clan because she'd had a few boyfriends. Dadaji was acting as if Kyra's family had forcibly thrust their "impure" daughter on the Rathore family. He almost seemed vengeful. Of course, Dadaji conveniently forgot that HE had approached them. Forget Dadaji, he'd deal with him later.
Kyra... What was her fault? She'd suffer too... Because of Dadaji and because of himself. He could not refuse to accept his own stupidity. He should have stepped back long ago. Now, the revelation of Kyra's affairs had made the issue a ticking time bomb. Would she ever forgive him? Or understand his predicament? She'd always understood earlier...
Viraj was pacing the palace hall, waiting for Kyra.
"Helllo, fiancee! You just couldn't wait to see me, could you? " Kyra spoke as she entered the hall and hugged Viraj. She looked beautiful, her short white dress contrasting the mehndi on her arms.
Viraj pulled back immediately. "Come, sit." He said curtly, guiding her to the sprawling sofa.
Kyra was a little shocked at his tone. What was going on in his head? Still, she obeyed.
Viraj knelt down in front of her. "Kyra, do you think I love you?"
She raised an eyebrow. "Of course, sweetheart! " She answered with conviction.
"What makes you think that? And exactly when did we start calling each other sweetheart?" Viraj asked again.
Kyra didn't like where this was headed. Reluctantly, she answered, "Well, we're together all the freaking time, you know more about me than anyone else and the way you look at me... Plus, you kissed me once, remember? People in love call each other by such terms of endearment, in case you don't know." She finished with a weak laugh.
"Kyra, I have no idea how I look at you, but it's definitely not intentional. Of course, I'm with you all the time, we're best friends! Kissed you? We were both drunk, enough that I didn't even remember. Honestly, Kyra, kissing means love?  You've lived in London all your life, you've had so many boyfriends... Slept with so many guys... If you didn't call that love... Then why this irrelevant kiss?" Viraj demanded.
"Viraj, why are you doing this?" She said, her eyes welling up. She continued, "Yes, I had a few casual flings... but you weren't casual about these things... At least, I didn't know if you were. So I thought it meant something... "
"It didn't." Viraj answered, getting up. He turned his back towards her. He knew this was necessary, yet he couldn't stand tears in her eyes.
Kyra placed her hand on his shoulder, turning him towards herself. "What do you mean didn't mean anything? Why were you so protective of me then? Fighting with every guy who tried to hurt me, huh?" Her kohl-lined eyes were streaming tears now.
"You're my best friend. Hell, you're my only friend. I got your back. That's it." Viraj answered without emotion.  "You got over Neil, Dev and Jake didn't you? You'll get over this. It's not a big deal."
"What's your point, Viraj?" She demanded, her voice choked.
Viraj turned away again. His own eyes had begun welling up. Taking a deep breath he replied, "I don't love you. I definitely don't want to marry you."
Kyra fell back on the sofa. "You don't..." It was too much for her to process.
Both of them stayed quiet for some time. Then lifting her hands to look at the "VSR" tattooed on them, she said, "Excellent timing, Chhote hukum! " Her voice dripped with sarcasm.
Viraj sighed. "Please try to understand, Dadaji was adamant that I should marry you. He went to your parents without even asking me. You seemed so happy...Please  try to understand. If you won't, then who will?." He knelt before her again. He wasn't holding back his tears anymore.
Kyra slapped him hard across the face. "What are you crying for, you filthy hypocrite?! Pity? I don't need your f***ing pity!"
"NO ONE TALKS TO MY GRANDSON LIKE THAT! ESPECIALLY NOT S***S LIKE YOU!!!" Vikram Singh Rathore stood at the gateway, glaring at Kyra.
Viraj stepped up, pushing Kyra behind himself. "SHE CAN TALK TO ME THE WAY SHE WANTS. DON'T YOU DARE TO CALL HER THAT AGAIN!" Dadaji fell quiet. He'd never been spoken to that way.
Kyra jerked Viraj's hand away. "Oh! So that is why you don't want to marry me. I'm not a 'good' girl, huh?"
Viraj turned towards her, "You know I don't think that way. You're an amazing girl!"
"Then what is it? I'm not pretty enough? " She questioned.
"Of course you are pretty Kyra! It's just that I don't love you. Period." Viraj said, exasperated.
"You don't have to rub it in Viraj." She replied in a hard voice, as she began walking away.
Suddenly, she turned back. "And it IS a big deal. You'll know how big a deal being in love with someone is when you face it yourself. I just hope it's not too late by then."
Then she walked off, leaving behind a stunned Viraj and a disapproving Vikram Singh Rathore.

Next morning the local papers had a picture of Viraj and Kyra with a lightning bolt between them. "Prince breaks off marriage, when will the Royalty change?"
Vikram entered Viraj's room and threw the paper on his study table. "Look what you have done, you idiot! The Rathores have become a joke thanks to your obsession with Kyra! I still can't believe you raised your voice at me because of her."
Viraj did not reply. Vikram scanned the room. It was empty save a backpack. "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" He bellowed.
"None of your business. " Viraj answered, lifting his backpack.
"Oh, the arrogance of youth!" Vikram said with a snigger. "You do realize that I could get your credit cards blocked. You seriously believe that you'll be able to sustain without my aid?"
"You do realise that I've been winning various shooting championships. Unlike you I haven't wasted what I earned. Trust me, if at all, I will live without you. The thought of breathing the same air as you suffocates me." Viraj answered firmly.
"Like father, like son. Arjun too was impulsive just like you. You should learn from your father's mistakes. These modern principles of equality never did anyone any good. Listen to me, son. You're too used to the luxury. You cannot mix with scum. Your father tried and left behind a half-blood orphan to me. Still, you're my heir. I can't let you spoil your life."
"You are nobody to LET me do anything. Stop acting like you're my parent. You're not. You're just a sick, greedy old man who's trying to save his nonexistent empire. You've played with Pa's life. You've played with half of mine. This is where it ends." Viraj said, looking his Grandfather in the eye.
Vikram took a step forward. "I'll disown you. Nobody talks to Hukum Vikram Singh Rathore like that," he snarled.
Viraj closed the distance between them. "I just did. You're not king anymore. This is not your acquired property that you can disinherit me. The rules have changed. Of course, you can keep your fake name and palace. I don't give a damn. But you can't stop me. This is a democracy and this is me fighting for my rights."
Viraj bent to touch Vikram's feet one last time. Vikram stepped back. Viraj wasn't surprised at all.
Getting back up, he started walking away. He paused. Without turning around, he said, "By the way, have a good time living off Pa's labour... In Arjun Singh palace... You don't own anything. I disown you, Hukum Vikram Singh Rathore."

THE END

Edited by _UptoNoGood_ - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

davearcha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Wow Shivi. Its amazing. This way is better to show his guilt on breaking alliance with Kaira. You are good. . 👏
clary thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautifully written...I Applause You..You have explained every emotion so realistically..Amazing work once again Shivi!
MsfairyCindreLa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome.. I can clearly imagine all this happening. Edited by MsfairyCindreLa - 9 years ago
ipkkndbarun_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
viraj wouldn't have spoken this way and not even spoken this much at a go in nauc till now... i enjoyed reading it.. very well written!
if i haven't read this, i wouldn'y have even imagined viraj in this mode..😛
Edited by ipkkndbarun_fan - 9 years ago
rampriyaram thumbnail
wow u have a great writing skills .and the past of vsr is described in such a good way...
Aditi_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Another amazing piece! :D Your writing has the clarity that the show sometimes forgets to maintain. :P
ishqnme thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nicely written 

I think I would still like to have a PM about this FF
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
@Dave Thanks! 😃 I guess they've left loose ends... Maybe we'll get to see things more clearly when Viraj's Dadaji enters...😉

@Anjali Thank you! I am so happy that you could relate! 😊😃

@Mun Thank you! Yay!😃

@ipkkndbarun_fan Thanks! Glad I could make you see something that you wouldn't even think of... You have no idea how huge a compliment that is!😊 😃
Actually I think he was like this. He seems to have been more outgoing in the past. He's rebelled against the family head. He had girlfriends... He just grew up after that. What with struggling by himself and all...  I think. 

@rampriyam Thank you! Glad you like my take!

@Aditi thank you! This is why I like loose ends... So I can tie 'em up!😉😃

@ishqnme thanks! Can I get away with the gadbad pm I sent for now? Next time se I will send in proper format.

Edited by aneri.fan - 9 years ago
WaterIce thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow!!! That was intense...
Much better than the story presented in the show...
Wonderful plot...