Ajay in Milan Luthria's next; to clash with MohenjoDaro in 2016

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Milan Luthria to direct Ajay Devgn in Baadshaho

Priya Gupta,TNN | Jan 16, 2015, 12.00 AM ISTAjay Devgn is a fine actor. And one of his finest performances has been as Sultan in Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, a film directed by Milan Luthria. 

Over the last one year, there have been many reports in the media talking about several films that Milan was to direct, but it was only Bombay Times that refrained from carrying any of these PR stories, that were nothing more than plugs that were not authentic. We can now say for sure that Milan Luthria's next is an emotional drama with action titled Baadshaho starring Ajay Devgn, with whom Milan has done three films earlier " Kachche Dhaage, Chori Chori and Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai.

Confirming this news to us, Milan said, "Ajay was one of Mahesh Bhatt sahab's favourites. I used to assist Bhatt sahab who had done three films with him and Ajay used to be the only one with whisky in the car. So as soon as he would pack up, we would have a couple of drinks in his car on our way back to his house from the set. That was the time when Ajay was doing double shifts and 10-12 films a year. He said to me, 'Let's do a film together.' But I got fed up of waiting and one day I went to his set and said, 'I consider you a friend. Tu dosti toh nibhata nahi hai, agar tu latkane wala hai, toh bol de.' He said, 'If you are talking friendship, then let's not do the movie. Don't put a gun to my head.' I said, 'No, I want to put a gun to your head.' He said, 'Then I won't do your film.' But something happened in that meeting and we started that film in three months. AndKachche Dhaage, my first film, happened. The thing with Ajay is that you can discuss a lot with him in very little time. As Bhatt sahab says, 'His grasp is very strong. He can concentrate a lot within a short amount of time.' He decided to do all my earlier films within just half an hour. And Ajay is a very impatient man. For Baadshaho too, I called him and said how I was very excited about the film and wanted to come and narrate it to him. He was shooting and as soon as I entered his van, he said, 'Bol, bol, bol kya hai' Ajay's problem is that if he is waiting to hear something, he won't even let you go to the loo. I told him the idea and he said done again within just half an hour. My big excitement is to have cast Ajay again. Many years back, at the success party of Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai at Ekta Kapoor's house, over loud music, Bhushan Kumar came upto me and whispered in my ear that he wanted to make a film with me. I came out of Ajay's van and called Bhushanji and he said he was on."

Baadshaho, based on the name of Ajay's character in the film will start shooting second half of 2015 and will release on the Independence weekend of 2016.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
First Shivay Vs MJD now this
Revenge for Kangana? ðŸ˜†
TheRager thumbnail