Viraj's Crazy, Stupid, Love..

JAHHNAVI thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

I have a confession to make...😳

When Viraj started emailing Email wali female, I didn't like the track. Like many of you, I didn't understand how chote hukum- who's a mature, wise man can suddenly start sharing his life's little nuances with someone who he's never met. Ridiculous! The whole idea felt a little 'creepy' &  weird TBH.πŸ˜• What in the world are the writers thinking?

And then, I watched (actually re-watched) today's episode. I saw Viraj emailing Aarti- twice in the middle of the night. He curls up with that blue shirt, like he's actually hugging her. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Isn't he getting into a Long Distance Relationship (LDR)? But those are 'cool', right? They are a thing in our modern society, hai na? And many people are successful in finding their love that way. πŸ˜ƒ

Suddenly, when I gave this relationship a definition, a term, a specific label in my head- Yes, it is a 'long distance relationship'- the concept didn't feel alien to me. It wasn't 'bizarre' anymore. I started to accept it- all of a sudden. Like, SNAP! Magic.. But how? πŸ˜†

There are SOOO many types of Loves in this world. Love for our friends, Love for pets & animals, love for inanimate objects, Love for God- the society approves them, almost everywhere. "Oh you love your parents?" OK, cool! Approved!! πŸ‘πŸΌ

What about the love that we DO NOT understand because we cannot see ourselves in that position. We don't know how to define it as we cannot identify  with that kind of Love.  It raises eyebrows in our 'polite' society, sometimes. What? Kyaaa? 2 guys loving each other? Transgender love? Lesbians? Love affairs? No. Not good. This is wrong. Ban it. It's a sin. Just because, we- the society, doesn't approve of it & cannot identify with it? Love transcends all bounds. We don't have to 'experience' that unique Love for ourselves, in order to approve or disapprove it- We just gotta accept it. Love is.. Well Love after all! It continues to flourish whether you and I like it or not.

Sorry for swaying off topic. And so he's fallen in Love with somebody that he doesn't even know. Okay.  He feels that this one person online (who he fondly calls Aarti) can give him more support than all the people who are physically present around him in his Life. He gets along with this individual more than Nisha or Daaji. Notice, how I wrote person and individual- I feel like he's stopped caring about who she is. Even if she's older to him, he won't care. Even if she's not in the country- he won't mind. How she looks? Don't care.
Love is being blind. Love is the oxygen that he needs right now. Love is Viraj's patience, to not know- to stay oblivious. Yes, his Love is crazy and stupid, and strange, but it is.. his Love! 😊

We may have to wait to share the same bed,
I am not beside you when you rest your head.

But when I look at the moon,
I no longer cry.

For at least there is a comfort,
In sharing the same sky. 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dazzlerruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The step which arthi has taken and that nisha and dadji couldn't take made arthi v.special to viraj.. dadji and nisha limited themselves in care they give to him but the thing is viraj can't express people around him that he expects it from them... 
Arthi's first mail itself touched his heart and reduced his pain... though that mail infuriated him but still he has realised the importance of friendship and started depending on her... slowly it became his need... !!
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I completely agree..  I had a similar change of heart recently. I'd also like to add, that Viraj is used to loving people he can't see... Like his mom.  Aarthi fits his definition of love. Out of reach and invisible. Plus, this one even writes back... What's not to love?
Of course, it's not very safe... Or wise... But then I've never been 'in love'... I should probably not judge.πŸ€”
prachii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Love transcends time and even space tooπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Vah reh vah Jahhnavi.You confessed .O O O O O O O O (background music the one they gave for VirajπŸ˜ƒ )
πŸ˜‰Nice post.Well written about Love.πŸ‘

I don't know.Still I cant take that thing😊
.Finally Both viraj and Nisha  gets hurtπŸ₯Ί cos of each other mutally!!!

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Jahhnavi...Very good analysis. 
The reason why I find Viraj falling in Aarthi weird is...except for the first mail it has been normal conversation. Did you have your breakfast? All the best for meeting. Viraj hasn't shared any of his real pain or lonely feeling with Aarti. Even DJ brings coffee and milk e everyday for Viraj...and Aarti for me has been like that only. I wouldn't have had problems if Viraj considered Aarti his friend. But fallen in love? That's something I don't understand. You can get addicted to writing and getting replies from that person but to love them? Long distance love happens when you know each other...or at least where each other is. Viraj doesn't know anything. Yes it doesn't matter to him if the sender is dark..short...old...anything. The person matters to him. But still I can't accept that he is in love. May be he thinks he is in. 
arya212002 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 7
I don't know about  long distance relationship...but one thing that is evident from past two episode is that he doesn't care who the person is. He is content with the fact that there is someone who loves, cares and understands him more than anyone else around him.
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
One more point to add...
Aarthi is like his imaginary girlfriend. Like kids have imaginary friends. He has Aarthi. Viraj becomes a kid while writing to her.
arya212002 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 7
Viraj's ultimate wish or dream is to have Aarthi as his girlfriend/ life partner. But tomm even if Aarthi turns out be elderly woman or a man , I don't think he will stop loving the person. Initially he might feel bad that his dream didn't come true but still be happy that finally someone is there for him. I know it sounds weird but...

princessglory thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice post  but I strongly feel that he is not in luv with Aarti he is just missing his mother and for him it is motherly love and advice which got him attracted towards her becoz he used to write letters to his mother but never got any reply but here is getting reply  and she calls him affectionately Viru ppl always call him Chote hukum and his employees Sir  he searched for a love in his bua and sisters  but both are not bothered about him and so he got attracted towards Aman as his sister  he cares for nisha he never want to see her crying and if she is upset he doesnt like it   it is definite  that Viraj is in luv with Nisha it is just he is not realising 
JAHHNAVI thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: darlingruhi

The step which arthi has taken and that nisha and dadji couldn't take made arthi v.special to viraj.. dadji and nisha limited themselves in care they give to him but the thing is viraj can't express people around him that he expects it from them...

Arthi's first mail itself touched his heart and reduced his pain... though that mail infuriated him but still he has realised the importance of friendship and started depending on her... slowly it became his need... !!

Yeah, I agree. It's not his shyness definitely. Maybe his inability to open up.. Maybe he's never really connected to anyone beyond the surface. But EWF managed to break that barrier on the first day itself & sent him to the orphange, to meet Ayush & the kids there. That instantly stirred his heartstrings somewhere.. 😳 Instant connection established..