ArHi OneShot |Teddy Bears|

-doe-eyes- thumbnail

Warning: The following piece of writing is probably improbable and the product of a sleepless mind functioning on high and inadvisable sugar consumption (lots n lotsa cake). So it might not make a lot of sense or might be really stupid. Hehe *awkwardly shuffles away*

Ohh, did I mention it's a dialogue-shot? (Probably my worst one yet, but hey, it's been like, a YEAR since I wrote one. Ahh, the nostalgia)

ArHi OneShot |Teddy Bears|

"Khushi, be serious! Batao na!"

"I have never been more serious in my life, Jiji! I solemnly swear that my heart belongs to one man, and one man only- Salman Khan!"

"For the love of- please get down from the bed before you fall off and crack your head open-"

"Wow- Jiji, don't pull-"

"Come down, then!"

"Haan, haan, I'm coming-"

"And I'm asking you for the last time, Khushi- tell me, seriously- what kind of person would you like to be married to?"

"I just told-"

"-and don't say Salman Khan again. You and I both know that you are not that much of a jhalli to be seriously considering marrying him-"

"Ouch. Jiji, how could you question my love? How could you wound me so? How could you-"

"Are you going to tell me or should I tell Amma to get you married off to the first idiot that comes knocking at our door?"

"OK, OK, I'm sorry. Don't be mad...you really, really want to know what kind of guy I want to marry?"

"What do you think?"

"OK, fine- I want to marry a guy who is...how do I put this...someone who's...I know!- someone who's like a teddy bear!"

"..."

"Jiji?"

"A teddy bear? I told you to be serious, Khushi!"

"Aah, Amma, look, Jiji's hitting me!- Jiji- Jiji- calm down- suno toh! You've not let me finish what I was saying!"

"There's more? First you want to marry Salman Khan, now a teddy bear? Buaji was right, there is no hope for you-"

"Uffo, Jiji, I didn't say I want to marry a teddy bear! I said I wanted to marry a guy like a teddy bear!"

"You want to marry someone that's stuffed and with a bow-tie and bear-ears?"

"Hai Devi Maiyya, why would I want to marry someone looking like a clown? All I'm saying is, it would be nice if...if I were married to someone who's...how do I put this...someone who is always there for me, you know? Someone I can hug when I'm feeling upset, and someone I can talk to when I have a lot on my mind, and someone who'll listen to whatever I have to say and have that reassuring smile on their face..."

"..."

"Someone who will never leave my side, and will always be warm, and sweet, and let me shower it with affection but then make me feel loved too. Does that make sense?"

"That...makes a lot of sense."

"Payalji! Did you speak with her? What did she say?"

"She said...and these are her own words, mind you...she says she wanted to marry someone like a teddy bear."

"..."

"Akashji? Hello? Akashji, are you there?"

"I've heard of Bhai being called a lot of things, Payalji, but the last thing anyone would compare him to is a teddy bear."

"Are you sure that's what Khushiji said, Akash? Are you sure she didn't say anything about any Laad Governor or rakshas or even anything that sounds even a bit like Chote?"

"From what Payal told me, she said she wanted someone who would...erm...how do I say this..."

"Oho, stop looking so awkward and spit it out Akash! Our brother's love life is at stake here!"

"She said...she wants someone that's...someone that would be there for her when she needs him, and will listen to her problems without complaining, and will make her feel better like...err...like a teddy bear."

"That makes sense...the poor thing just got out of one bad rishta...and she deserves someone who would treat her better than that..."

"Haan, Nani...but Chote is...not exactly a teddy bear...he's more of a-"

"Grisly bear."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Gah! I'm convinced that Chote likes Khushiji, and I'm convinced she likes him back, so why won't they just admit it, get married, live happily ever after and put me out of my misery?!"

"What are you talking about, Di?"

"Chote! You- when- how- when did you get here? I didn't notice-"

"Just now. What were you saying just now, Di? Who's getting married, what misery?"

"Uh...we...we...were..."

"We were talking about getting Khushi married, Chote."

"..."

"Chote?"

"Khushi's...getting married?"

"Ah- no Bhai, she's not...but we were...um...we were considering prospective grooms for her...based on...you know, her preferences..."

"And you know her preferences?"

"I- uh- no- I mean, yes- I mean- she told Payal, and Payal told me, and I told Di, and so we were all thinking if we can find a teddy bear-"

"What the-? What the hell does this have to do with a teddy bear?"

"Chote, why don't you sit down-"

"I'm fine here, Nani-"

"I said sit down."

"Yes, Nani."

"Hello? Hello, Akashji?"

"Payalji is everything alright? Why are you whispering?"

"A teddy bear came!"

"What?"

"A teddy bear! The doorbell rang, and Khushi went to open the door, and on the doorstep there was giant teddy bear half my size and it was cutest thing ever-"

"You can't mean...don't tell me that..."

"-and a note that reads You'll have to make do with this one. Someone lectured me about marriage being all about compromise - so compromise. Sincerely, ASR."

"Are you- oh lord, Bhai...is that his idea of a proposal?!"

There might be a part II! But idk, that depends on you guys :) 

I reserve all rights to this work of fiction and request readers do not reproduce/copy/modify it elsewhere and/or claim credit.

PS: I NEED SLEEEP...but sugaaar ~ 

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I've enjoyed reading all your stories and hope you would consider extending this one! And also finishing off 'a series of most fortunate events'!
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
What the
Really mate
This is what you did
But this was so cute
Hmmm teddy bear huh
But he is anything but a teddy bear
Grisly bear is right
Wow even lack of sleep and we get such cute and funny thing
But yes you need to sleep and soon
Sugar will make it worse surely
Hope there is another part
Arya1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Well.
Who'd say you're out of practice of writing anything other than assignments, and essays? Not me for sure!
And. If this is uninspired, I'm dying to read what you'd call inspired writing.

Khushi describing her teddy bear, Payal-Akash-Anjali scheming, Chhote overhearing... And then sending across such an ASR-style proposal, keeping Khushi's wish in mind. It was just too damn adorable. But so, so, so heinously in sync with each of their characters that you had me charmed.

So. The point is. 
You wrote so beautifully. It made me laugh, in the middle of the night!

In short. Such a short story, but crafted so perfectly.
This is going to be one of those things that I'll read whenever I'm in need of a smile.

Thank you for such a beautifully adorable story.

Also, I'm totally up for a part 2, if that wasn't obvious from my adulation.  

Edited by Arya1991 - 9 years ago
avantika_2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Grisly bear?! ROFL!!!! Trust you for unexpected choice of words. This was adorable. I liked how you included everyone in a Dialogue Shot. I'm definitely looking forward to a second part ;)

Love ya! Send some cake this way too! ;)
ruark_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
"Someone lectured me about marriage being all about compromise - so compromise. Sincerely, ASR" HAhahahahh!!!! what a proposal!!! Please do write a second part. I would love to see how khushi reacts to the " Grisly Bear" hahahaha!!!
pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
awh.
so freaking adorable!

do continue, u write very well hon! xo
guy3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Cho cute! I feel like hugging u like a teddy bear. I could visualize all of them talking as I read. Superb! Part 2 please, pretty please :)
sman thumbnail
This is hilarious..I was part 2
Tiramisu_coffee thumbnail
You have GOT TO... GOT TO... GOT TO... GOT TO (times infinity or until u put me out of this misery) write its part 2.. I know, it's itching to come out of ur extra-whipped-double-chocolate-deliciously-decorated-cake-brain .. M slobbering at work - so ur fault!!!