Dogs and Chocolate - TOXIC!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
This has bugged me for a while as it's not the first time this show has mentioned feeding Snoopy Chocolate Cake.

Chocolate is a known toxic for dogs and either can lead to serious illness, medical issues or even fatal.   I would hope they would look into things like this before advertising it on tv shows as others may follow suit and feed dogs chocolates unknowingly.

If CVS or anyone from the cast/crew of SSEL is reading this please be aware of this.

Edited to add some links with some more information about items that are toxic/poisonous to dogs.

Here is a very thorough list of items from the pet poison hotline (there are a lot of food, plants and household items amongst others that are harmful to dogs on it):

http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poisons/

and here's one for the top 10 items  (you will note that chocolate is 1st on the list!):

http:////www.petpoisonhelpline.com/pet-owners/basics/top-10-pet-poisons/

Edited by Parm. - 9 years ago
I so agree bt I think we all do it with our babies coz they sooo adorable I know my aunty gives her dog a slab of chocolates a week. Bt once my baby cousin took a packet of biscuit and feed her dog and the dog literally didn't move for a few hours so sweet stuff is really not good for dogs. Although I love hw they show that yuvraj always plays with snoopy and so the dog is probably very healthy especially considering the house he lives in but they should maybe show suhani saying that chocolate aint good for dogs or something. And when I saw the title of your post I thought it was gona be something about suhani lol chocolates and suhani is toxic
[QUOTE=sandiab]I so agree bt I think we all do it with our babies coz they sooo adorable I know my aunty gives her dog a slab of chocolates a week. Bt once my baby cousin took a packet of biscuit and feed her dog and the dog literally didn't move for a few hours so sweet stuff is really not good for dogs. Although I love hw they show that yuvraj always plays with snoopy and so the dog is probably very healthy especially considering the house he lives in but they should maybe show suhani saying that chocolate aint good for dogs or something. And when I saw the title of your post I thought it was gona be something about suhani lol chocolates and suhani is toxic[/QUOTE]

@bold:   Lol. 

Yes, I too love my babies and in fact make treats for them at home all the time and give treats too but there are a handful of things that are poisonous (toxic) to dogs that can kill them or cause serious illness (whether now or later in life).

Things off the top of my head are:

chocolate (of course)
onions
garlic
raisins
grapes
avocado

If you Google dogs and toxic foods you'll get a list.   Sugar isn't great for anyone but of course just like we like it they do too so I tend to give fruits (mine love cantaloupes and apples) more often more a sweet treat.😊

Oh yeah, Parm, was thinking about this too. As far as I know, dogs aren't allowed to have chocolates 'cause it's dangerous for them.

It's very irresponsible for the CVs to not check their info before airing it on national television because there are loads of people who will actually believe it and may accidentally feed a dog chocolate. For example, I'm not a dog owner and don't know much about dogs and their safety.

Also, the way they were constantly implying that dogs eat fish was weird too. I don't think they do and have never heard of them doing that. If anyone knows more about this, then please clarify. Such misinformation shouldn't be disseminated via Star Plus. The first one is, of course, the more dangerous one.

Apu the 1 thing I have been warned against giving my dogs is fish to eat I cnt remem the reasons why though think its coz they allergic to it or it affects their fur or something like that. My fish tank is outside and my dogs never tried to eat them ever although my puppy did scare my 1 fish and it died bt she didn't eat it. I have never heard of dogs eating fish.

oh really!!! I wasn't knowing this. And I really think the makers should do a complete research before showing anything of the sorts. So many people follow these daily soaps and it won't be surprising if anyone tries to follow what they show in these soaps. I would also want someone, if contact with CVs of this show through fb or any other social networking site, to bring this into their notice.

ps Parm thanks for the information though.

Originally posted by sandiab

Apu the 1 thing I have been warned against giving my dogs is fish to eat I cnt remem the reasons why though think its coz they allergic to it or it affects their fur or something like that. My fish tank is outside and my dogs never tried to eat them ever although my puppy did scare my 1 fish and it died bt she didn't eat it. I have never heard of dogs eating fish.

Exactly Sandi, and here they are trying to portray dogs as some kind fish predators, lol. 😕 Aren't cats supposed to eat fish? As you said, even when the fish was dead, your dog didn't eat it. The writers will do just about anything to justify their storyline.

Originally posted by clarity

Oh yeah, Parm, was thinking about this too. As far as I know, dogs aren't allowed to have chocolates 'cause it's dangerous for them.

It's very irresponsible for the CVs to not check their info before airing it on national television because there are loads of people who will actually believe it and may accidentally feed a dog chocolate. For example, I'm not a dog owner and don't know much about dogs and their safety.

Also, the way they were constantly implying that dogs eat fish was weird too. I don't think they do and have never heard of them doing that. If anyone knows more about this, then please clarify. Such misinformation shouldn't be disseminated via Star Plus. The first one is, of course, the more dangerous one.

Very dangerous for them chocolate is and unfortunately this is not the first time on this show they have either mentioned giving it to him or actually did give it him (I think it was during that time when Rags was planting her jewelery in Suhani's purse (prior to marriage) to implicate her in theft but Snoopy ended up eating it).   I don't recall if a chocolate cake was ordered for him for his birthday right now but either way, lots of people watch television and will assume it is okay to feed their dogs chocolate as Snoopy had it.

Really, really irresponsible on Star Plus, CVs and the production house.

As for fish, dogs can eat fish (cooked) but I don't recall them ever trying to eat them out of a fish bowl.     I think they may be confusing them with cats, lol.   Old cartoons used to show cats eying the fish bowls (as they are carnivorous creatures).
Originally posted by DelusionalMe

oh really!!! I wasn't knowing this. And I really think the makers should do a complete research before showing anything of the sorts. So many people follow these daily soaps and it won't be surprising if anyone tries to follow what they show in these soaps. I would also want someone, if contact with CVs of this show through fb or any other social networking site, to bring this into their notice.

ps Parm thanks for the information though.

And that's my biggest beef with them showing this on televisions and these shows have worldwide reach now a days so it's even more problematic.  

I would have thought that at the very least the dog trainers for this show would be aware of this.

I'm not in touch nor am I on facebook or anything which is why I posted here.   If someone is, please do bring this to their attention.  I and a great many dogs will appreciate it.😊

Also,  I'm going to edit the first post and add a couple of links for some more info on toxic/poisonous items for dogs.