Users

Frequent Posters

Andy_Dynamite thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Chapter 1

Hi,

I'm Taani, Taani Shikhawat

Well, what else can I say about myself?  Im 17 years old,  fresher at law school and I guess I'm pretty good at studies, atleast my grades tell me that I'm good. I live in New York with my best friend Sharon for the past 5 months after my parents split up. That was a horrifying experience, being an Indian I wasn't expecting them to get divorced. Isn't it weird when all of sudden you're suppose to decided whether you will live with your mom or dad? Well, I choose none. I prefer living on my own. It was a huge mess and really hard to convince them but then finally when I got into university they didn't have any option really! This apartment is close to my institute and I'll be turning 18 in just 4 months so..i'm almost an adult and capable of taking my own decisions.

Anyways, Apart from my sad family drama, My life is pretty normal. I wake up every morning, wear my usual sweaters and leggings. Just tie my hair into a bun and put on my glasses and with my boots on, I'm ready to leave.

New York is beautiful, I like when its sunny but I enjoy even more when it rains , today was a gloomy day which made me happy. It's really refreshing when the cold breeze touches my skin, I wish it rains here throughout the year. Anyways I walked down the street to the bus stop to get into my usual bus which will take me straight to my destination.

"Good morning Taani pumpkin "

Well, that's what Sharon calls me, I dunno why? She always did, since age 7. We were family friends then and now I live with her. Sharon is this diva from college; everyone says she will be selected as the main cheerleader this year. Why wouldn't she? She has this perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect body. Basically Sharon is everything perfect!

With her perfect smile she handed over my cafe latte as usual and then we both boarded the bus. Our 30 minutes journey is always the same, where Sharon is always glued to her phone, texting, giggling and her never ending selfie sessions. While me...I just seat and read my notes.

Sharon is my best and only friend. I just don't get along with other girls. Okay! Moment of truth, people really are not interested in me or my friendship. Some don't even know that I exist. But once when Sharon was drunk she told me that girls like me were tagged as Nerdy Horny ladies. Like, she even mentioned that guys put bets on which girl will get laid 1st.  Disgusting right??

"Can you imagine this Taani?" Sharon exclaimed, " Arnold asked me out! Like he wants me to come with him for the Christmas ball Dance. I am so happy. Its gonna be so much fun. We can go shopping for our new dresses and then go to the spa. So exciting right? Do you have a red dress? How about the..."

Sharon stopped right there and looked at me, all her excitement just flushed and she gulped feeling all guilty, "I am so sorry! I just forgot. Nobody asked you out yet!"

I just wore ma reading glasses back on and continued reading, pretending it didn't bother me at all. Which wasn't the whole truth!  Its just that no one really ever asked me out for a date so this was nothing new.

~~~

The whole day passed by where Sharon was constantly being extra nice to me, probably trying to make up for what she said in the bus.

"Taani don't worry, we still have 2 weeks time. We'll find someone for you." She whispered as we sat opposite each other in the library.

"Its okay Sharon!! I'm not interested anyways. I've got this project to submit so I won't have the time to hang out and go shopping with you."

Sharon wasn't convinced with my reply and so she kept rolling the tip of hair trying to think of one guy who would agree to go out with me. I bet she could think of no-one.

Just when I was about to change the topic, someone slammed some notes on our desk,

"Taani Shikhawat right?"

I looked up at him. This was the first time in 5 months that a guy came up to me. I glanced at Sharon and then again at him and nodded my head. What just happened to my voice??I can't speak!! Great!! Its been so long that now I can't even speak to guys!!Perfect!!

He smiled at me and introduced himself, "Hi I'm Jake Douglas.

Jake Douglas! The Scottish Guy. Owh yeah, I've seen him before. We share the same class for Human Rights. But what does he want from me? Wait a second! Is he here to ask me out for the Christmas ball? Oh my god! Finally someone see's me beyond the nerdy look!

I took a deep breath in and smiled nervously at him. What will I say? Umm..Ofcourse Jake I will be your date!! Or how about, yeah sure why not! Or maybe I'll say, give me some time to think about it. Ughh!!!this is so hard!

"Taani I guess you don't know me, we're in the same class for Human rights!"

No! I know you! Yeah you're in ma class, you sit on the second last bench and you even got detention last week. Who can not notice these pretty eyes, I know you. Everyone knows you.

"The thing is, you know about this Christmas ball coming up in the next two weeks."

Yeah yeah yeah..i know!! And you want me to come out with you. Wait, the theme is red right? DO I have a red dress? I guess I have one.

"And You know we have this project that we need to submit by that week. So I was just thinking can you do my project cause I will be busy with the Christmas ball thing going on and I have random other things to do. Like I really want this to be special for my girl."

Wait, what? I just looked at Sharon who seemed way more pissed off than I was. I just gulped and smiled at him nervously trying my best to pretend that I'm not offended. But just before I could agree Sharon spoke up.

"What makes you think Taani is free that week?"

Jake looked surprised but then later with full confidence spoke up, "Ofcourse she's free!  she doesn't have a date! So she cant come for the event! No stags allowed. Remember?"

Sharon cleared her throat and gulped as she spoke, "Forgive me! But you're wrong. Taani does have a date!"

Excuse me? What's going on? I don't have a date! What is Sharon up to? But more than Sharon's lie I was astonished as Jake burst out laughing. Like is it some kind of a joke? Like, Taani has a boyfriend will be the next trending topic under the Comedy section of our college website!!

"Taani doesn't have a date! No offense but nobody wants to date a nerd. " commented Jake.

Sharon looked at me and at Jake and then at me again, "Tell him Taani. Tell him you have a date"

That's it. I had to prove him wrong. What does he mean Nerds like me can't have a date. Hasn't he seen those teenage drama movies? The nerds get the hot ones! Always!! It's the universal law of..of..teenage movies!!

"Well.." I cleared my throat. "I have a date"

He gave a soft laugh, "Well That's a good one! But if you ever change your mind and decide to face the reality than please feel free to contact me.I have a real good job for you"

He waved at me with his books and left. I turned around to see if anyone heard us, and yeah, the whole library heard our conversation. Great. I glanced at Sharon, this was all her fault! Now soon enough the entire university will think I have a date!

"I'll fix this" Sharon tried to convince me as I picked up all the books that were spread over my desk and stormed out. Everyone just stared at me and they were literally mocking me with their eyes. Like everyone knew I was lying, everyone agreed with Jake, No one wants to date a nerd like me.

~~~

I walked out of the shower trying to forget and ignore what happened in college. Just when I opened my laptop Sharon stormed in.

"I have a plan "

I closed my laptop again, "No thanks Sharon.  I'm fine. You've done enough"

Sharon sat near my feet, "trust me this will work. You will have a date by next week."

I sighed, why is she doing this?

"Okay, so I know about this website called date hookup .com and they have.."

"Sharon" I interrupted, "Why are we doing this?"

"Because I wanna shut them all up!! They treat you like you don't exist which is not fair at all. Jake thinks he can treat you like that and I want to prove him that you're...that you're cool. I want to prove him wrong. I want to prove everyone wrong."

I nodded my head, this didn't seem like a good idea.

"Taani please!!" Sharon begged, " And it will be fun for you too. Its online you can be whom you want to be, No one will know and then you can meet a guy and after the date never see him again."

I stared at Sharon. She did make sense. I can be whoever I want to be. I could be the most popular girl in college. I could be a diva. I could be a rich brat, pampered by her father, everything that I ever wanted in my life.

I sat there staring Sharon who looked at me with her puppy eyes! God...What am I doing?

~~~

Chapter 2

Edited by Andy_Dynamite - 9 years ago
Jasmine_ash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
res/unres
Andy awesome dear.
TAANI POV was quite beautiful
shaani pair too good.
TAANI parents poor girl.
Jake how dare he can mock at TAANI.
I hope she hot hunk to shut stupid mouth of their coll student.
Sharon is really good and best bff.
I want next update soon.
thanks for pm dear.
loved entire chapter.
words played :)Edited by Jasmine_ash - 9 years ago
.Shanaya. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Addyyy. Superb update!
I loved Taani POV. 
It sucks to a typical nerd with the beautiful best friend. And you portrayed that perfectly. 👏
An awesome start, girl. I loved it.
Update soon. 😃 I cant wait to read how Taani makes the best mistake of her life when she finally signs up for the dating website. 😆 <3 
raddhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This was amazing taani stay all alone
Her parent not with each other Luv
Sharon & taani bond Sharon is really
Good but felt bad for taani really bad
No one want to become taani Frd like
Really no one oops that jerk came to give
His assignment I knew it well online thing
Sound good but hope after seeing each other personally nothing bad happen thanks for PM & update soon plzz you are angle you know no one update but u came
Viji.Chandran thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
nice  update...

loved the way it started...

now i feel what sharon said is right...

those boys should be proved wrong...

how dare they,...

plz update soon
princess1926 thumbnail
It's an awesome start..