The seriousness of rape got lost in all the sillyness.

PandaPawPaw thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I feel that the serious topic of rape became an after thought and made way for all the stupid idiotic story lines that followed.

It's a shame as I was hoping they would of highlighted what a serious topic rape is but nope, they just made the whole show one big pantomime.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
well said..i agree totally..the story got reduced to a catfight between sakshi and durga..
charu_81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't agree with you completely...They have showed how Payal suffered ,her mental state...Her fear of Shaurya we can actually feel it...Those scenes made me connect with her mental state and feel the pain...

Durga not only wanted to punish Shaurya, she wanted to destroy Goenka's .And what all plans she did were not dumb moves...

atominis thumbnail
I agree.
The show used rape as just an excuse. 

The causes, ramifications, the social and personal cost of rape were ignored.

Writer failed to highlight legal provisions, corruption too.

Ek Hasina Thi was one long drawn, constant cat fight. Not even an intelligently played game or true battle. 

They didn't show impact on victim's parents either.

Two of those who had wronged the victim - her friend who gave fake statement maligning her character and lady doctor who gave fake report that Payal had not been raped at all, were not even exposed nor brough to book for their crimes in the show.

Just 2 lines on rape in last episode can't make up for the lost opportunity which this show was.

Perfect100 thumbnail
My like button is not working so can't like any post.
Yes i agree with you and the worst thing is that they have presented a rapist in a comic way to entertain the audience.🤢
There is a mindset of these writers that vulgarity is must when you are making a show on a issue of 'Rape'.
Shaurya wanted to prove his mardaangi in a hospital and his dialogues to that call girl were utterly disguisting, they completely forgot that the telecast time is 8PM not 11PM.
Durga was behaving like a typical bahu of Saas-bahu shows.
It was like a second hand thing in a new packaging but audience are not fools.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
the issue of rape was addressed in initial episodes, post dev's entry the USP of show got lost n battleground turned into some cat fight between raima n sakshi ...rajnath n shaurya lost in their lala land n durga coming up with some lame plans