Is one episode a week going to hurt the TRPs?

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Okay I could have opened this as a poll, but I wanted discussion, not just voting. ðŸ˜†

Now as we all know everything is about TRPs. A show's life is decided based on the TRPs for the first couple of weeks. So even if the show is amazing and there's a select audience that loves the show, if the TRPs aren't good, the show might not run for long. So I want to know from you. Do you think the fact that the episodes only air once a week will hurt the TRPs?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeingBlunt thumbnail
Weekend shows have different parameters. 
And also depends on the time slot of the show.

As far as i know only ZEE has a regular weekly program,  rest channels show repeats or any special fuctions on Sunday 8 PM so dont think it will be a problem. 

But yes a limited audience can some time create problems. 

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am hoping this show garners a lot of TRPs.
It is really good - the actors and the plots are excellent.

Older kids can watch because there is no sex, violence, blood or gore.

Cieli.Santi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I don't think it will hurt much to the show! As weekend shows as some different things about the TRPs things.

But if the TRPs gets down then there is possiblities of show going of-air as channel needs TRPs.

I hope show get much TRPs. Coz damn i love this show like anything.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Interesting post. Nice to see you here, again :)

Firstly, weekend time slots can be a little problematic because most people IMO prefer to go out or even if at home, would prefer watching movies. 

Secondly, a week's wait can either increase one's anticipation to watch the show or it can fizz out. This IMO is highly dependent on the quality of the show. And also the amount of promotions/buzz & word of mouth.

If this show keeps up its quality & SP promotes it well, there is no reason why this show should fail. Increasingly more & more people are demanding for different kind of shows & PI is different.
Edited by prc_fan1 - 9 years ago