Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
I came to know that Mahadev's another name is ' Nayak '...can anyone tell me why he's called Nayak?
AsNoone thumbnail
@Ashokaps thanks for the discourse about the stories of Shiva Sati Parvati...am looking forward to read more.
@Sucheta thanks for the gist of Mahadev's teaching..."You have to find that wisdom within you."

ashokaps thumbnail
jan 12

Again Parvati stories were used for Sati .

[Makers have also creatively highlighted Parvati's kamakhya Devi roop in Sati. ]
Good they did so. The part of Parvati they couldn't  show they used for Sati.
[kamakhya temple is in Assam . kamakhya Devi is written in maha Puranas as well as Devi centric up Puranas written in Assam and Bengal ]

Stories of Shiva and Parvati life before Brahma separated them first time for creation is in Shiva Purana, devi centric up Purana and Mahabharata.
[as ardhnarishwar they never are apart for Purusha Prakriti are one, Shiv Siva play in the garden of bliss that is kashi and kailash  ]

Kali agreed to be Shiv wife and Shiv took Parvati to Kashi and Kailash . Shiv pain for Uma was shown very lovingly and romantically.

Vishnu Ram stories were used for Sati lotus story of writing Vishnu name.[ Vishnu Lakshmi collected and wrote Shiv name on thousand lotus while Ram did the same but wrote Parvati name Uma. ]

[Parvati use to collect flower and all the things needed by Shiv for his puja and dhyan when she served him before Kamdev bhasm]

The story of Rudra veena related to Parvati is very romantic and can't be shown so it was very good to show as Sati dancing and Shiv playing veena to revive raga ragani. [Its said that different raga were sung by Mahadev five face roop [Lord Shiva Panchanana] with one more added by Parvati. Mahadev sang the raga to make Parvati happy . Mahadev would sing while Parvati would dance both lost in each other]

Vishnu Krishna humbling Narada by teaching him Shiv Parvati are source of music and dance  is used for raga ragani fainting spell story. [ sthala purana, north india ,Veda, Purana, Tantra, Natya shastra ]

[There are myths about Parvati doing ugra and lasya tandav and being a great dancer and singer. Also myths about Kali doing Rudra, ugra and lasya tandav . ]
[Also myth about Shiv devotee Mahananda , who was a great dancer and singer. ]

[Sati being Parvati previous birth would have been as great in them but there are no myths about it. So Parvati , Kali and Mahananda  myths have been used creatively by the makers for Sati ]

Shiv staying in shamshan myth and dialougues are from Shiv Parvati talks after marriage [Mahabharata, Purana]

Vishwakarma descendants have a deep connection with Shiv Parvati for the Vastu dev on whose design foundation the whole Vastu Shastra is based is Parvati Shiv son.[ Vastu dev myth is used later ]

The meaning of Vastu Shastra and devotee was shown very lovingly. [The dialogues used for devotee track is taken from Shiv Parvati talks after marriage . Mahabharata Purana]

ashokaps
Edited by ashokaps - 9 years ago
ashokaps thumbnail
jan 12

Vritrasura, Sati and Shiv.

There is story of Parvati cursing a Vishnu bhakt Chitraketu to be born as Vritrasura, that story was used for Sati Shiv meeting with creative changes. [good they used it for they could never show what Shiv and Parvati were doing]
[ Bhagavat Purana]

[It can also be a take on Shiv saving Prakriti Parvati Sati from Vritrasura who in Veda, Mahabharat a, Purana was a demon of drought, hoarding and ignorance but he continued to be great devotee of Vishnu even as Vritrasura .]

Shiv saving Sati Parvati again and again is a take on Shiv saving Prakriti [who is Parvati. the essence and emotions has been given emotional story form and i am glad they did it. The romance of Shiv loving and protecting Prakriti [Parvati ] deserves a story told. We tend to ignore nature which Shiv never does.]

[Shiv is a great hunter and archer in Veda, Mahabharata,  Valmiki Ramayan, Purana. To protect Prakriti in Veda Mahabharat   Rudra attacked Prajapati yagya and gods who took forms of different animals. In Purana when Shiv attacked Brahma to cut his fifth head when he went against Prakriti Brahma took different forms of animals before finally Shiv cut Brahma fifth head]

[Showing all this would have been confusing so it was very good they used it to for the emotional journey of Sati Parvati and Shiv]

Two people connected with Shiv Parvati helped in Vritrasura deliverance. Rishi Dadhichi, Shiv Parvati adopted son and Shiv Parvati son Jvar .[mahabharat, veda ]
[both rishi Dadhichi and Jvar myth will be shown later.]

First time Parvati came to meet him he refused to let her return but their metaphysic  talks on Purusha Prakriti let Shiv relent to allow her to serve him.

Though Shiv would ignore Parvati but he would think about her beauty, love and devotion. As would Parvati be lost in dreams of loving Shiv.  [Creative's used this for Sati and Shiv .]

Parvati used to meet Shiv many times before kama bhasm happened and she did tapasya. That has been used for Sati.

All the metaphysic talks happened the first time Shiva met Parvati which were used for many Shiva and Sati meetings

[The talks were romantic as well as having metaphysic meaning]

Daksha shabha to insult Mahadev by stopping his worship is take on Mahabharata and Veda Prajapati and Rudra enmity.

Vasant birth is part of all Purana . Madnike is inspired by Shiv bhakt Mahananda  story.

[I loved their take on Mahananda  myth showing its profound meaning through Madnike . every Mahananda  Madnike scenes were deeply felt journey of devotee heart for her or his Aradhya ]

Madnike Sati affection as mother daughter is a take on Mena Sati affection. Rishis writing Purana knew Sati is Parvati, Mena daughter. Mena would tell Sati, she is her daughter. [shiv purana]

Nandi and Shiv's father, son, god and devotee emotions were shown very lovingly.[the myth used is Parvati Shiv Viraka Nandi rishi Silad after Adi asur deliverance . Purana]

Nandi helped Parvati as did Parvati helped Nandi in becoming the devotee and her loving son he is.

So him interacting with Sati was shown well. In Parvati Nandi as son story he is also called  Viraka.

[ and yes he does cry a lot for which devotee wont cry if he has the blessing of being with his god and mata forever. Gods themselves cry a lot, at least Shiv and Parvati and their children do.]

I am aware of Vishnu Lakshmi Brahma Saraswati reaction but this being Devon ke dev Mahadev i am not writing it. If it was their story i would very lovingly say it. But then again it is their story to and yes they cry but we can't see it.

Thanks Devon ke dev Mahadev for showing Shiv Parvati and his family tears.

Shiv bhola vairagi father tandav god was shown very lovingly

many Purana Mahabharat  Veda and folk legends

ashokaps

ashokaps thumbnail
[QUOTE=mmroyalkaterick

thanks for the comment.

i hope you like the stories of Shiva Sati Parvati.. i love finding every thing about our scriptures and myths

i am looking forward to writing more.

Ashokaps

[/QUOTE]
AsNoone thumbnail
Hello Asokaps...your next two parts are full of intellectual bliss. As you stated...DKDM used many Shiva Parvati story to depict Shiva Sati story. And yes as Sati and Parvati is same ...it was never felt odd. Yet it was very affirming. And Madnike was inspired by Mahananda...that I didn't know. I watched the Mahananda track and loved it...and Madanike too was my one of favourite character...with Madanike Mahananda stories we can find that God NEVER DISCRIMINATE...between his devotee. To him all are same.
Once again thanks for your discourse...and you are liking to write more...I too am looking forward to read more.
P.S. as DKDM title card shown ... the whole series was inspired by work of Dr. Devdutt Pattanaik...and as I am reading him..I would love to share some stories from his account, which I think may have been used in DKDM, next time too.
Edited by mmroyalkaterick - 9 years ago
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@ ashokaps:  Thank you so much for sharing all this knowledge with us...I have even more respect for the makers of DKDM now...they managed to cover quite a bit of stories that were collected from various sources other than Shiv Purana..and it was amazing to watch it unfold. 
It was a delight reading all your posts...thank you once again. 
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Thanks Ashokaps, for the detailed description of the source of various stories. The phase you are covering is the initial one, a well researched one. Even during the later phase, some parts are well covered. It's not possible to follow the exact Purana's story every time as some parts can not be shown on tv. But the main essence of Human life is in grasping the inner truth of these stories. It helps a lot in our journey from being Jeeva to Shiva.
aparupanath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deboleena.manna

I came to know that Mahadev's another name is ' Nayak '...can anyone tell me why he's called Nayak?

😲😲deboleena, mahadev is called Nayak because he is the trikaaldarshi and the guardian of the three worlds.
ashokaps thumbnail

hello mmroyalkaterick

i am glad you felt the bliss for Shiv Parvati are certainly bliss for me.

i know its a typo Asokaps.but it gives me a chance to write about ashoka before her birth in nov 12.

its Ashokaps meaning two things Shiv Parvati daughter Ashoka and Shiv Parvati are ashoka , remover of all the shoka as ashoka was for her parents, family and all beings not just humanity.

i am glad you read Dr. Devdutt Pattanaik. and i would love you to share some stories from his account.

I have read him and many other writers both Indian and foreigner before i started reading the original scriptures also.reading interpretation is very enjoyable .and lends to knew ways of thoughts whether you agree or not.

But it was reading the originals which opened the Shiv Parvati world for me. And then i stopped binding my thoughts to any ways and bliss that is Shiv Parvati was felt . Innocence.
How many times i have cried i cant say.

The idea of how to present dkdm the series was inspired by work of Dr. Devdutt Pattanaik and dkdm think tank have interacted with him through out the series from time to time but what is finaly shown is under the rules of tv mythology serial. But they have chosen to show with mytho serial the meaning and soul of myth when ever they can.

that is why from time to time it had the surreal feel of dreams and human emotion instead of the grandeur and pomp of the myth.dkdm being daily and budget constraint actually was conductive in achieving this blissful imagery which i love which regular mytho serial won't have [ they are great too for grandeur and pomp they have ]

ashokaps