Abhigya SS - Endings UPDATED 23/12 Part 5 Page 7

putturani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Author's note: So this was originally intended to be the first chapter of a short story but very soon the third chapter (which I still haven't written yet!) took on much more importance in the story so I decided to let that stand alone (hopefully) as another one shot. But I had already written more than half of this (very short!) TS so I decided to post it here anyway. The first chapter is very short but I thought it ended at a good place. This fic starts at the point in yesterday's episode when Pragya finally speaks out. 
----------------------------------------------------------------

"No I don't have any proof!"

Her voice rang around in the marble hallway. Abhi, who had been spending the last few minutes desperately trying to shield his eyes from Pragya's plight and his ears from his family members' taunts felt his head being jolted out of the metaphorical sand. For the first time in a long time, he looked at her, really looked at her. Her eyes, usually so luminous but so deadened in the past few days were again glowing with a blazing intensity. He found he couldn't take his eyes off her red, watery ones. From the corner of his eyes he noticed her tent-like anarkali flapping in the breeze she created when she spun around.

Everyone started at the noise. Pragya never screamed, she only cried and begged and pleaded. But even before Abhi could fully register the change, she continued in the same tone, "and even if I did, do you think he would have believed me? No! Because nothing I do works here Bulbul!" With every word she had gotten louder until finally her voice cracked and she burst out into loud sobs. Apart Aliya and Tanu, who were looking very smug, everyone else was stunned. Abhi felt his head start to pound. Even when she cried, her tears ran down in silent sorrowful tracks on her face. Usually Pragya never dared to take up so much space, make so much noise. "I thought that by being honest and sincere and hopeful I could make the best of a marriage that was stacked against but nothing I do will ever make a difference! And that's because people are determined to see lies, determined to see betrayal, determined to see a gold digger, determined," she paused and looked directly into Abhi's eyes, "determined to see their sins in my eyes."

And then, as though that little piece of resistance was too much for her frail body, she collapsed into a sobbing heap by the floor. For once the Mehra madhouse was silent in the wake of Pragya's outburst, the only sounds her agonized cries.

"That's enough Di!" Bulbul broke the awkward silence and charged forward towards her sister. Slowly, as though handling a crystal glass, she pulled Pragya to her feet. "You are coming home with us and not staying one more minute here."

"But...daadi..." Pragya trailed off.

"Daadi will understand Pragya," Purab added. "When she wakes up, she will ask for you."

"She is responsible for Daadi's state! Do you think I'm mad to let her see Daadi?!" Abhi shouted.

"Bhai," Purab started, that one label again putting more distance between them than closeness, "I would think you would have at least respected your own daadi enough to allow her to make that decision."

"Outsiders don't have the right to see her, isn't that right bhai?" Aliya, not one to keep quiet during a drama, delivered her barb smoothly.

Bulbul was horrified to realise that Pragya hadn't even flinched in her arms at Aliya's taunt. How common was this anyway? Bulbul turned to the family. Her dagger-like gaze slid over Aliya and Tanu as though they were simply wall hangings before coming to rest on Abhi's stricken face. "I have so, so much to say to your sorry face, jiju," she spat that epithet as though it were a curse word, "but since you've robbed her of everything else I don't want to rob my sister of the right to say it first." 

And with that, she and Purab walked the inert Pragya out of Mehra Mansion, leaving behind only a sense of half-satisfaction, half-emptiness in Abhi's mind.

Part 2 - Page 2

Part 3 - Page 3

Part 4 - Page 5

Part 5 - Page 7 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/117548253

Edited by putturani - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheAutumnFizz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Ohh.. Love it.. So so much.. Very well written.. :)
Looking forward to the next chapter.. :)
indi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well done, Putturani 👏!!!!   I loved it ... especially Bulbul's last words!!!!

--simmi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great chapter!! Looking forward to next!!
sara7iris thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice chaptre ...I like it ...PLs update soon
Krazzy4u786 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Great start!!
Loved it...nicely written!!
Update soon!!
rbb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
This is really good I hope you post another part soon
putturani thumbnail

res 😉

Originally posted by: Nitya_Suresh

Ohh.. Love it.. So so much.. Very well written.. :)
Looking forward to the next chapter.. :)

Thank you so much! Means a lot 😃 Next chapter posted!

Originally posted by: indi

Well done, Putturani 👏!!!!   I loved it ... especially Bulbul's last words!!!!

Thanks indi!  That was one of my favourite lines too 😃

Originally posted by: simsim25

Great chapter!! Looking forward to next!!

Thank you! Updated!!

Originally posted by: sara7iris

nice chaptre ...I like it ...PLs update soon

Thank you! Hope you like the next one too!

Originally posted by: Krazzy4u786

Great start!!

Loved it...nicely written!!
Update soon!!

Thank you so much! 😊 Hope you like the next chapter also :)

Originally posted by: rbb1

This is really good I hope you post another part soon

Thanks rbb1!! - do you have a name I can call you by? So glad you liked it 😊

Thank you!

Thank you! 
Edited by putturani - 9 years ago
putturani thumbnail
Thanks for all the lovely comments guys, I really appreciate each and every one. I would really appreciate some constructive crit too. Hope you like the next part. The story was becoming longer than I expected so I guess it'll have to be an SS. 
------------------------------

Of course, Pragya's exit from the Mehra mansion wasn't as dramatic as that scene might have predicted. In fact it didn't even seem as though she had gone forever. Her modest belongings still stood in the tiny corner of Abhi's closet she had managed to make her own. The only thing different from before was the perpetual uneasiness Abhi felt. He knew, that he should be feeling vindicated, triumphant. After all, he had finally, finally succeeded in throwing Pragya out from his life and house. No, a voice in his head said slyly, you didn't throw her out, a disgusted Bulbul and Purab had dragged her out themselves. But anyway, the important thing was that she was gone, right? But despite Ailya's constant proclamations of false relief that "the behenji was gone" and Tanu's ever-present triumphant grin, Abhi couldn't bring himself to feel anything but numb. Of course I can't!' He justified to himself, how can I when daadi is still sleeping?' It had been exhausting also, to fend off Tanu's amorous advances in the hours and days since Pragya had left. Apparently the best way of alleviating his worry about daadi's illness was through fulfilling Tanu's romantic needs. Fortunately, he didn't have to avoid Tanu for very long since just a few days after Pragya first left, daadi came to and immediately started asking for Pragya.

Meanwhile Pragya gazed listlessly as the whirring fan created a feeble breeze in her old bedroom. She had spent most of her time in the past few days on this very bed, alternating between a numb stillness and loud, wracking sobs that alarmed even Suresh next door. Her family had hovered around her for a few hours, before Rockstar daadi had firmly pulled them away. She had seen no one in the past 48 hours, only aware of their presence by the food and endless cups of chai they supplied at her bedroom door. Bulbul had taken to sleeping in daadi's room to offer her the privacy Pragya so desperately craved. As much as she appreciated the support of her family, she needed the time alone to cry until she had no tears left and think through her farce of a marriage.

Until the ugly aftermath of the MMS, Pragya had never honestly considered a separation, no matter how bad things were between them. But now, the nagging thought that this marriage had no future wouldn't leave her. For although she was deeply in love with Abhi, at her core Pragya was still a practical, traditional girl who believed that trust was paramount to a marriage. Once, before the roller coaster of the past year, she had told Bulbul that, "love is not looking into each other's eyes, it is looking in the same direction". Unfortunately, although she and Abhi had done plenty of the former, they would never do the latter. When they looked into each other's eyes, she saw the good in him and he saw the bad in her. How would that ever work?

Aside from his determination to see the worst in her, she had also been shocked by how cruelly he had given her only twenty four hours to prove herself; how callously he had threatened to throw her out of the house. And the sad thing was, no matter how he treated her, it would be a great punishment for her to leave because she loved him so much and so stupidly. Pragya shook her head in frustration. A husband who loved and trusted her - was that too much to ask for?

"Di? Di?" Pragya was disturbed from her morose thoughts by a frantic knocking on her bedroom door. "Are you okay? You haven't touched the tea that I brought two hours ago. Please open the door Di!"

"I...can't Bulbul, I'm not ready." She couldn't face anyone right now. She couldn't go out and show her sister her face - the face that no man had ever wanted, the face that every man had rejected in favour of the girl on the other side of the door.

"Then...will you at least talk to me through the door?" Pragya moved towards the door and leaned against it. Although she couldn't bear to show her swollen eyes, she was craving some love and comfort. She remembered how she had taken comfort from Abhi's presence on the other side of the police station wall the night she had fallen in love with him and sighed.

"Di?" Bulbul's soft voice travelled through the cracks.

Pragya tensed - if she said what she was about to say, there would be no going back. She knew Bulbul of all people would be vehemently in support of Pragya leaving. Bulbul was the perfect person to voice this thought to, if she wanted the courage to actually follow through with it. "Bulbul...I...don't see where my marriage is going."

"Mmhm," for once, Bulbul was blessedly reticent.

"I am starting to think no love or marriage is worth my self-respect." There. It was out. Already, Pragya felt a little lighter.

"Di, you already know how I feel about this. I am glad you finally recognised it too." That was enough. Although it was only through a thick wooden door, her sister's support was enough to give Pragya the courage to pursue the line of thought that she had hardly dared think about previously, and consider her next course of action.

The next day, when she finally felt human enough to take a bath and venture out of her room, she was greeted by the sight of a worried Rockstar daadi on the phone.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do," daadi hung up the phone. "Pragya beta, you're out? Kaisi hai tu beta?"

"Teekh hoon, daadi." And that was true enough. She had read somewhere that any emotion can maintain its original intensity for only three days before humans' daily needs take over. And actually, her pressing need for a hot bath had forced her out of the room and made her feel, if not okay, then at least not catatonic in grief.

"Pragya!!! Kaisi hai tu meri bacchii?!" Pragya started as her mother barrelled down upon her and took her in her soft arms. "Dekh! Kya halat bana rakha hai us ... insaan ne tere saath!" Pragya absently patted her mother's bent head and sunk into the embrace.

"Kiska phone tha daadi?"

"Uhhh..." Rockstar daadi hesitated. Was it worth it to inform her granddaughter of news from her sasuraal when she had just found the strength to leave her bed? But then, Pragya would never forgive herself if she couldn't be there for daadi. "Woh...beta...Aakash ka phone tha. Abhi ki daadi ko hosh aaya hai and she's asking for you desperately."

"How dare they expect Pragya to go back to that hellhole! Call when it's convenient, kick out when it's convenient. You're not going anywhere meri bacchii!"

As much as she appreciated her mother's outrage on her behalf, it was rather exhausting to deal with so Pragya was thankful when rockstar daadi intervened before she could.

"Sarla, samajhne ki koshish karo. Daadi ka is me koi dosh nahi. And I know my granddaughter very well, she will never be able to move on until she gets the blessing of daadi."

It did take some convincing but finally Sarla ma agreed and Pragya prepared herself to enter the Mehra household scarcely a couple of days after she had left, but feeling like a completely different person. 

Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update 
Pragya depressive state is very well written. She is lucky tohave a supportive sister bulbul. 
She is change and that is great. 
I am eager to know what will happen at Mera mansion.