TOI: Ashwini Kalsekar to play Ronit Roys sister

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

Ashwini Kalsekar to play Ronit Roy's sister

Saloni Bhatia,TNN | Nov 20, 2014, 12.00 AM ISTREAD MORE Jodha Akbar|Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar|Ashwini Kalsekar
Ashwini Kalsekar to play Ronit Roy's sister
Ashwini Kalsekar 
After playing Maham Anga in Jodha Akbar, Ashwini Kalsekar will now be seen in Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar. Ashwini will be playing the role of Ronit Roy's sister and her character has shades of grey. 

She told us, "I'm playing a very contemporary character called Pam, who is very possessive of her brother and his kids. She has brought the kids up with his brother's wife after her their divorce. She is like a mother to his kids. However, she holds Pallavi's character (Ronit's wife) responsible for all the things that went wrong in their marriage. The show is based in the US."

The actress also feels that it is a little relaxing to play a modern character. "When you are playing a contemporary character, you can speak Hindi and English but while playing a historical role, there's a certain kind of language that you have to speak." she added. Ashwini says that it is because of Ekta Kapoor that she has been getting meaty roles and characters that are remembered. "I completely owe it to her. She gives her characters so much background that they become memorable. I can't thank her enough. In fact, it is a ritual for me to go and meet Ekta every day before I got to the sets and take a narration for my script from her. You might call it a superstition but I always try to see the character from Ekta's point of view."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CANNOT thumbnail
I just hope that in the end she dont turn out to the one who played her games to separate Ragini and Dr.Neil! Well that usually happen in Balaji's shows πŸ˜†
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
OMG!!!! πŸ˜ƒ  (I hope she's a nice lady...I like Ashwini, actually πŸ˜›)Edited by visrom - 9 years ago
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
The first vamp of IKNMP enters. πŸ˜† Lage raho kekta maiyya. πŸ˜΅
bpatil3 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
TFS
she is a grt actress in -ve role alwaysπŸ‘πŸΌ
AeDilHaiMushkil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Oh wow.. i hope by grey they mean grey and not wicked!
A la kasam se deja vu, anyone? I hope not! 

Looking fwd to her entry.. she's a terrific actress for sure.. 
nami9j thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanx for sharing 😊

ANGELICEYES thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ashwini's back!! Thanks Shruti.
columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
She is basically essaying the exact same role she had in kasam se 
Fantastic 
So this show is a typical Kekta show negative SIL alert!!! 
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
She's supposed to be a grey character according to this article. But it might not be consistent!