Sagar ,"A gem of a person"!!

varshitap thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
  Hello friends,
        G.D focused more on Laajo , but I feel though Laajo and Nikhil hogged the screen space it was Sagar's  character which made a place in our hearts.
   Life had always taken him for granted!!   He lost his wife,  his love , his reputation...and was broken and did not know what to do with life...he was brooding over his past ..and was skeptical about the future...till Laajo came into his life...and showed him that there is a present between the past and the future and that matters most!! She filled him with enthusiasm and made him realize that his life was not futile and he had to live for his daughter Milli.  Well I don't want to talk much about Laajo but when it comes to Sagar , she was the greatest influence in his life!!😊 
   Sagar as a person was honest, focused and valued hardwork  and he saw the same qualities in Laajo which made him fall in love with her instantly!! He knew she was married and would never love him back...but " Love is strange"  ( I know I am using Nani's lines!! cant help it!!πŸ˜›) We all were praying that he should never turn into a negative character trying to gain Laajo by hurting her and pulling her away from Nikhil!!  But it seems Sagar had learnt his lessons on Love well more than what Nikhil did!!πŸ˜‰  Sagar's love for Laajo was selfless and without expectations...he wanted her to be happy all the time. He felt indebted to her for standing by him in his worst time and making him realize his potential. And if we compare Nikhil and Sagar's Love for Laajo , it is Sagar's love which stands apart..we can only say that Nikhil was fortunate to be loved and Sagar was unfortunate !!
   But this never stopped Sagar for being there for Laajo in her worst times..be it Nikhil's disappearance or Nikhil doubting Laajo .  He has always been clear of what he wants to do and
has never used situations to his benefit. This makes me call him " A gem of a person"!!πŸ‘πŸΌ 
   If we look how Sagar has conducted himself  throughout...he seems a Man with a heart, compassion and kindness though he has a formidable exterior. His acceptance of his foster daughter Mili speaks volumes of his qualities. So among all the characters in G.D , Sagar though was not seen as much as Nikhil or Laajo had much more influence on viewers.
  It is difficult to imagine how Laajo would cope up with the challenges she had to face if not for Sagar's support. Sagar made Laajo a "Star"!!  but in the end it seems he became a Star!!πŸ‘
   Friends nothing is coming to my mind as I am still sad that G.D is over!! So I may have left out some points about Sagar...please feel free to comment and add up your views πŸ˜ƒ

I am dedicating this post to my friend Anu  ( ak 75)  who is a great fan of Sagar!!πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by varshitap - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ak75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Varsha, u have covered all aspects of his character and thanks for dedicating it to me πŸ˜ƒ I am really touched😳
Sagar's basic values were always intact . After all that Kabir has done to him, he didn't  take his revenge , instead he has taken the responsibility of Kabir's daughter.  He was very professional with his 'stars' and never crossed the line be it Raatri or Laajo. He was ready to let go of Laajo twice...First, after Raatri blackmailed them with the pictures, not worrying about his financial situation and then the wardrobe malfunction. 
He had to just get over the trauma of Aarohi's death and Laajo helped him there, and what she got in return was priceless. 
On his part, he covered up his feelings for her very well (except for one or two odd weak moments ) He wanted Laajo to be happy and he understood very well that her happiness is with Nikhil. He is the kind of partner every woman dream of having... Strong, supportive and showing that he cares in situations where it needs to be shown. 
Sagar pleading to Kabir not to take Mili away from him was the best scene of all πŸ˜­
I am glad that Laajo had full faith in Sagar till the end and she didn't doubt his intentions even after Nikhil said that he was behind the hotel drama. If she had oscillated like Nikhil then it would have been disgusting. 
At the end of the show only Sagar brought smile to our face. Nik has left a bad taste in our mouth. Laajo's mahanta was irritating most of the time . It is sad that the male lead was reduced to a brainless puppet in the hands of scheming women( first Barkha then Jasmine) 
As for Siddhant, he has done Sagar's role better than the evil and adorable vampire in PKYEK. β€οΈ

PS : Friends , I had written an OS long back...I think inJuly  but didnt have the guts to post it here since u all are staunch Laakhil fans. 😳 and the story is  like Nikhil goes missing and is presumed dead and finally Laajo and Sagar get married. (It was purely my imagination ) Now I think i can post it πŸ˜† after seeing all ur reaction to Nik's behaviour. 
Edited by ak75 - 9 years ago
londonkababu thumbnail

Great post, both of you have put a lot of thought in your analysis of Sagar.
I too agree that he was a stand out character in Gustak Dil.  Sagar earned his success not just by having a talent for spotting future stars but also through his honesty and being a truely a giving person.His acceptance of Mili was that of a pure hearted soul.

We really have had a very good experience through the show.

varshitap thumbnail

Originally posted by: ak75

Varsha, u have covered all aspects of his character and thanks for dedicating it to me πŸ˜ƒ I am really touched😳

Happy that you liked the post.😊 But I was not getting the words..and didn't know what to write..about Sagar  as the feeling that G.D is no more...hasn't sunk in!!🀒 I just went on and on of what ever I could think of at the moment. Embarrassed

Sagar's basic values were always intact . After all that Kabir has done to him, he didn't  take his revenge , instead he has taken the responsibility of Kabir's daughter.  He was very professional with his 'stars' and never crossed the line be it Raatri or Laajo. He was ready to let go of Laajo twice...First, after Raatri blackmailed them with the pictures, not worrying about his financial situation and then the wardrobe malfunction. 
 Yes , Sagar was a person with values even before Laajo only that life's troubles had masked his goodness and he seemed like a person who did not believe in the world as he felt that everyone is out to get him!!πŸ˜• Though he belonged to the glamour world..he was far away from all the glitter and the gloss...so his relationship with women was purely professional. He liked simplicity and honesty which he found in Laajo and so he fell in love with her. Sagar had dignity and respected women so he was ready to stake his reputation in both instances where Laajo's  character was assassinated...as he knew that for Laajo more than being a star it was her moral standing that mattered more.
He had to just get over the trauma of Aarohi's death and Laajo helped him there, and what she got in return was priceless. 
On his part, he covered up his feelings for her very well (except for one or two odd weak moments ) He wanted Laajo to be happy and he understood very well that her happiness is with Nikhil. He is the kind of partner every woman dream of having... Strong, supportive and showing that he cares in situations where it needs to be shown. 
  It is difficult to come to terms when someone you love cheats on you...and Sagar was broken...but Laajo  made him see the world through Mili ...and reminded him of the sacrifice he made by taking the blame of Arohi's deeds only to safeguard Mili.. That was the turning point when Sagar realized his potential and what he ought to do with his life. There is a saying in Urdu " Ishq aur Mushq chupaye nahin chupte!!  It seems Sagar tried really hard not to reveal his feelings and must say he did it quite well !! As Laajo never got to know of it!! Yes a woman aspires a supportive, caring  person for a partner...who trusts her even if the whole world does not and Sagar has all those qualities. In the end it was Sagar who loved Laajo in the true sense!! πŸ‘ 
Sagar pleading to Kabir not to take Mili away from him was the best scene of all πŸ˜­
    Yes it was...touching that made a stone hearted Kabir melt  and know what love really means!!
Sagar showed that the strength of a person is in standing with the weak rather than showing off by running away from the truth.
I am glad that Laajo had full faith in Sagar till the end and she didn't doubt his intentions even after Nikhil said that he was behind the hotel drama. If she had oscillated like Nikhil then it would have been disgusting. 
    Laajo has never encountered an unpleasant moment with Sagar and so she had full faith in him  and this faith helped Sagar to help her expose Jasmine. I feel trust and faith are the two qualities which differentiate Laajo from Nikhil as Nikhil is so fickle minded that these two words seem to have lost meaning for him.
At the end of the show only Sagar brought smile to our face. Nik has left a bad taste in our mouth. Laajo's mahanta was irritating most of the time . It is sad that the male lead was reduced to a brainless puppet in the hands of scheming women( first Barkha then Jasmine) 
    People who don't believe in themselves become easy prey for schemers!! and Nikhil was very much vulnerable with his narrow thinking🀒 Laajo  was overconfident and considered her self a troubleshooter so was always embroiled in troubles and controversies which made us sick of her Mahaanta!!😑 Sagar was like a cool breeze on a hot summer afternoon!!πŸ˜‰
As for Siddhant, he has done Sagar's role better than the evil and adorable vampire in PKYEK. β€οΈ

PS : Friends , I had written an OS long back...I think inJuly  but didnt have the guts to post it here since u all are staunch Laakhil fans. 😳 and the story is  like Nikhil goes missing and is presumed dead and finally Laajo and Sagar get married. (It was purely my imagination ) Now I think i can post it πŸ˜† after seeing all ur reaction to Nik's behaviour. 
   Yes go ahead and post it!!πŸ˜†  Whatever Nikhil did in the end, I still believe that it was great of him to marry Laajo and never to let go of her though he did not love her...It is difficult for a rich guy to make such a compromise...when he has some one in his life, you may call it a hasty decision but still it was a bold one!! Both Laajo and Nikhil belonged to different worlds and Nikhil never humiliated her for  being a village simpleton and for that I am still a Lakhil fan!!πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the wonderful comments, it encourages me to write more and think more!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
varshitap thumbnail

Originally posted by: londonkababu

Great post, both of you have put a lot of thought in your analysis of Sagar.

I too agree that he was a stand out character in Gustak Dil.  Sagar earned his success not just by having a talent for spotting future stars but also through his honesty and being a truely a giving person.His acceptance of Mili was that of a pure hearted soul.

We really have had a very good experience through the show.

Thanks Jatinder, Sagar was a character who was in the background but made a great impact in the story. When the lead Character ( Nikhil) is portrayed as weak and inefficient then other characters gain importance!!πŸ˜• But must say Sagar's character had it own merits and we liked him as he was consistent and not sinister...like Ishana...and her likes. He showed that to love is not to own but to be giving and caring. His respect for Laajo as a person out weighs Nikhil's respect for Laajo as a wife and truly accepting Mili was an act of great courage and kindness which is so rare to find .  Sagar stood for professionalism, honesty , kindness and courage as well.
    G.D showcased different characters with so many different shades...but in the end they focused only on Laajo  and that made it less attractive!!πŸ˜•

ak75 thumbnail
Totally agree with this Varsha...
G.D showcased different characters with so many different shades...but in the end they focused only on Laajo  and that made it less attractive!!πŸ˜•

When I started watching, they were focusing on Laajo. Somehow for me there are only 3 main characters- Nik, Laajo and Sagar...to an extent Barkha and Nani. The rest were just walking in and out. Adisha story never developed. 
I can't help but compare with Ekta shows. So many couples and parallel tracks all interwined that viewers are left confused ...so they continue watching jus to understand what is going on πŸ˜† Here it was jus Laajo , Laajo and Laajo.
I loved Nik when Laajo was preparing for the competition and how he gave her strength to overcome the wardrobe malfunction trauma. After Jasmine's entry his acting was also mediocre. It was obvious that Vibhav was not happy to do the jealous husband role. 
Varsha, do write about Nik's character when u find time. πŸ˜ƒ Your write up is wonderful β­οΈβ­οΈ
Edited by ak75 - 9 years ago
varshitap thumbnail

Totally agree with this Varsha...

When I started watching, they were focusing on Laajo. Somehow for me there are only 3 main characters- Nik, Laajo and Sagar...to an extent Barkha and Nani. The rest were just walking in and out. Adisha story never developed. 
I can't help but compare with Ekta shows. So many couples and parallel tracks all interwined that viewers are left confused ...so they continue watching jus to understand what is going on πŸ˜† Here it was jus Laajo , Laajo and Laajo.
I loved Nik when Laajo was preparing for the competition and how he gave her strength to overcome the wardrobe malfunction trauma. After Jasmine's entry his acting was also mediocre. It was obvious that Vibhav was not happy to do the jealous husband role. 
Varsha, do write about Nik's character when u find time. πŸ˜ƒ Your write up is wonderful β­οΈβ­οΈ

Anu, thanks a lot and it means a lot coming from you.πŸ˜ƒ G.D was about so many characters in the beginning..and everybody had their own Challenges ...it was not only about Nikhil and Laajo but also about the friction in the society between the rich and the poor...between a uncaring mother and a yearning son...between  love and possessiveness...between relationships and status...and so many things...yet the story did not leave the plot and was attracting viewers with simplicity with which the story is told..be it the rustic Sonbarsa...or the sophisticated Delhi high society...but then after Laajo became a star everything went haywire...there was no plot it was only glorifying...afterall our great Laajo had to show off her stardom by turning into agent 007!!😑 and Nikhil was reduced to a henpecked, confused baggage( sorry husband!!🀒) he was all the time pleading (with the CBI)and then sulking when ever Sagar was around!! Then in the Jasmine track he became an angry puppy!! ( am I offending puppies!!πŸ˜›) So in the end Vibhav must have been tired with all this!!
So he went blank!!🀒 So did the show!!😑  I wanted to make a fun post on Nikhil, Ishana and Laajo based on predictability and its impact...but it seems my brain needs a recharge!! πŸ˜† It may take sometime for the hangover of G.D to subside!!
ak75 thumbnail
Welcome Varsha πŸ˜ƒ 
Both Sagar and Nikhil carried phsycological trauma from the past , but Sagar was able to overcome it faster than Nikhil . It may be the timing. Nik carried it from childhood while for Sagar it happened after marriage. Even after Barkha forgiving him Nik's confidence level was as low as ever .
varshitap thumbnail

Welcome Varsha πŸ˜ƒ 

Both Sagar and Nikhil carried phsycological trauma from the past , but Sagar was able to overcome it faster than Nikhil . It may be the timing. Nik carried it from childhood while for Sagar it happened after marriage. Even after Barkha forgiving him Nik's confidence level was as low as ever .

You are right Anu,  It was the duration of the trauma and the time which matters...For Sagar he was an adult and he had seen life so the trauma of his love cheating on him and the subsequent events shook his beliefs but his persona was unchanged as he had built up his life on certain principles and Laajo helped him to get himself back. But for Nikhil...he was only an innocent child who knew nothing but the warmth of mother's love...which was so rudely snatched away from him!! ( now I am having tears while writing this!! as I love kids and cannot see such injustice happening to kids!!)  How can such a child develop into a normal human being...such kids are insecure and possessive...and this trait they exhibit when they stop believing in themselves!!  and Barkha left no stone unturned to make Nikhil in to a confused person living on self pity and guilt by rubbing it in when ever she got the slightest opportunity!! She was a horrible and a terrible mother!!😑
    Barkha or no Barkha...Nikhil carried a baggage which was too heavy for him to carry!!🀒
ak75 thumbnail
True Varsha  and the partiality was only for Nikhil 😑 and not for Ayesha .