Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Masakali- thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
no makeup for me! i mean its alrite for people who want to, but me i tend to bite my lips so there is not use wearing even lip gloss. πŸ˜† i have worn makeup, but then when i wear like eyeshadow...i forget i have to on and swipe my hands over it. its quite a sight! πŸ˜†
pj04 thumbnail
i believe that makeup is the art of enhancing your best facial assets as opposed to common belief that it is an art to hide your facial flaws. i also believe in subtle and minimal looking makeup(the application procedure though may not be minimal).
      the problem lies in zeroing in the cosmetics that work for you and look good on you. since it is a trial and error procedure, it takes a lot of effort and money to get there.i believe in makeup if you reach there otherwise you are better off without it. all my life i used only a eyebrow pencil until recently i ended up finding a foundation shade that added glow to my skin and was almost unnoticable . eversince i have used foundation, blush and eyeshadows as a part of my makeup and almost everyone has complimented me on it but normally they are unable to pinpoint what is the difference. this has also increased my confidence dramatically.hence im all for the right makeup.
MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

Makeup is an art, kind of like designing clothes and such. Makeup has been around for thousands of years, dating back to very early China, wear lacquer was used for nail polish and dyes derived from plants and other materials were used to stain lips.

I work with a lot of makeup, since I love performing and work with different makeup artist. Even my makeup artists tell me that makeup is fun, but not when you go over the top. When they apply foundation, no matter what I am going on stage for, they only apply foundation on few areas, not the entire face. Makeup is not a bad thing , and can be useful when you have an ugly zit or want to coverup moles/scars/acne marks. Other than that, makeup helps bring out good facial features, like higlighting good cheekbones with a light shimmer powder makes them noticeable, using mascara opens the eyes, and concealer covers up dark undereye circles if you didn't get enough sleep the night before.

Makeup has many benefits, and the newer ones coming now are teamed with SPF, so your skin is protected against Sun rays, and some foundations have sacyilic acid if you are prone to breakouts. If you don't like makeup, nothing is wrong in that, just enjoy what you like.

sangeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I like the makeup if it is done in a manner appropriate for the occasion. Wearing glittery eyeshadows and dark lipsticks is not appropriate for a school going student but just a eyeliner or some lipgloss can enhance the look.
MNMS thumbnail

Originally posted by: MonicA#1Actress

Makeup is an art, kind of like designing clothes and such. Makeup has been around for thousands of years, dating back to very early China, wear lacquer was used for nail polish and dyes derived from plants and other materials were used to stain lips.

I work with a lot of makeup, since I love performing and work with different makeup artist. Even my makeup artists tell me that makeup is fun, but not when you go over the top. When they apply foundation, no matter what I am going on stage for, they only apply foundation on few areas, not the entire face. Makeup is not a bad thing , and can be useful when you have an ugly zit or want to coverup moles/scars/acne marks. Other than that, makeup helps bring out good facial features, like higlighting good cheekbones with a light shimmer powder makes them noticeable, using mascara opens the eyes, and concealer covers up dark undereye circles if you didn't get enough sleep the night before.

Makeup has many benefits, and the newer ones coming now are teamed with SPF, so your skin is protected against Sun rays, and some foundations have sacyilic acid if you are prone to breakouts. If you don't like makeup, nothing is wrong in that, just enjoy what you like.

nice to see u monica... after such a looooong timeπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

coolfire thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
For me:

Yes to makeup on:
1. Very special occasions
2. After the age of 26-28 (no foundations still)
3. After 40+ ..Yes to foundations - to hide wrinkels.
4. On the day of my marriage (i can't look ghastly then yaar! πŸ˜† )

No to makeup on:
1. at college
2. at work - its better to dress smartly
3. definitely not at schools!
4. everyday- why to increase wrinkles with pounds of foundations yaar!

RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
um...well i always put on lip gloss, eyeliner n mascara. that my three step process b4 goin anywhere. not even..usally its jus eye liner n liploss. mascara i jus started wit like yesterday πŸ˜† i neva use foundation or any of that cuz i luv my skin to much n i dun need it my face is clear without it. but i jus feel strage without eyeliner n lip gloss is a must, i think. has notin to do wit getting guys..but dun give make up so much importance
live_life thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i have never ever used make up why do i get up at 5 just bcoz u need 1 hour to do my hair 2 hour to do my make up all i do is take a shower brush hair or sometimes just lip gloss. u shud see the girls in my school they have huge huge lip glosses a loot of makeup a lot of blush hair done at a salon at 5 IN THE MORNING. geesh they don't even study and all they think abt is do u think that boy likes me? how is my hair? how is my make up. my answer is always no and they get mad when i say no i dun think that boy likes u Edited by live_life - 17 years ago
prakriti thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hey

nice topic. this summer i started to wear make-up. Most of the girls in my grade started wearing make up in 5th grade. i used to wear some lip gloss before and that was about it. But now that im allowed, i only put some eyeliner and kaajal. Day-to-day tho, i only wear kaajal and lipgloss. My lips arent pink but theyre light so i dont really need lipstick, and gloss just adds shimmer. Altho, at times my eyeliner gets smudged wich is so annoyin πŸ˜†

As for the whole "why should u wear make-up" thing- its up to u. You like putting it on, then do so. But if u prefer a longer shower, than dont. Not to be all senti and stuff, but if ur beautful from inside, ur beatuiful from the out. Many "bimbos" (girls with makeup and skinny boddies) are considered hot to look at frm guyz, but lemme tell u; most of the bf's i had and my guy friends like grls with smarts.

Sure those 'bimbos' will get the hotties, but after a while, the hotties themselves will get bored and move on. So basically, one should do what they themselves feel is good.

Edited by prakriti - 17 years ago
Rumi thumbnail
Hi folks!most of you dont recognize me. but my friend,sowmyaa would ! he he. i am here after an age. this is a nice topic.
firstly we should be clear about the exact meaning of makeup. makeup does not mean putting layers of white foundation on ur skin and wearing a blood like lipstick. the word makeup means to hide the limitations of ur skin. this is an art to make urself perfect. there is nothing wrong with meakup. from the ancient days men and women wanted to look good, to look perfect in others' eyes. if u look good u would radiate a glow and light and this would make your environment better and others would also be happy with it. but u have to remember that makeup is only an art to hide ur negative looks nothing more than that.
     firstly, u have to understand what kind of thing suits u. dont go for anything which suits others. what is good for othwers may not be same for u.
    secondly, makeup should not be loud cos this would spoil ur efforts to make urself perfect. it would make u a joker and nothing else.so be careful about that.
   if anybody has perfect flawless skin she /he needs no makeup cos there is nothing to hide then. but hardly any person has such blessings. most of us have some limitations. so we have to make them up.
   what we have to do is to take care of our skin regularly. there are some steps.cleansing, scrubbing, toning and moisturising. this should be done regulaly without fail. this would make ur skin look young and fresh. still some people have some problems which are more complex. like, some of us have oily and acne prone skin. acnes go away but leave ugly marks. what would u do if u have marks in ur face. you have to go out and also u have to look gud! so put some sunscreen lotion 15 minutes before going out. then cover up ur marks patiently with a concealer and then lastly apply some bodypowder/sunscreen powder on ur face.this would hide ur scars and again suncreen lotion and powder would protect ur skin also. that's all, this would make ur skin look flawless and protect it from being tanned and see, this is not actually makeup which we generally mean. this is the real makeup, i.e. making up ur limitations. then u may apply some liner on ur eyes and some lipstick on ur lips or u may not. and sport a good hair style, short or long whatever suits ur facecutting. remember, ur lipstick's shade should always be a little darker than ur skincolor.otherwise it would look ugly. fairer people can apply light shades but darker people should always go for dark shades.
           this is my makeup funda. if u look gud, u would feel gud and if u feel gud others would also be happy because u would radiate ur beauty then.and boys always love well-dressed (dress must suit her, no hopeless imitations of heroines or models) gudlooking (with no-makeup look, as i described)women, they dont like loud makeups. ok. πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Rumi - 17 years ago