Debate Mansion

To makeup or Not to Makeup

kisnakiradha thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

hey guys!

i'm in second year uni, and i still dont know much about makeup! i mean, girls who are in primary school know how to apply it, and i dont know jack! πŸ˜†

but i'm comfortable without it, and also, deep down what i believe is that if i remain without makeup, i will attract the "right sort of attention" from guys and not the "wrong sort" (although i've had to have a re-think coz there are some guys who will hit on anything that walks πŸ˜†)

but i've always been curious to know what guys think? is makeup good or do most guys prefer none, or minimal?

lol and dont worry, i'm not gonna start applying makeup just coz guys like it (makeup requires a lot of time, and i prefer adding that time to extend my showers πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰), i'm just curious thats all

oh and please guys, when posting, please don't be diplomatic and say stuff along the lines of "it depends on the situation; beauty is in the eye of the beholder" etc etc. Whilst yes, that's all true, but hey, i also want to have some fun, some laughs...so please cut out all the diplomatic stuff and let's just have a discussion that's lively!πŸ‘πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

So cmon now, please post ur views

Makeup or No Makeup?

***Increased the size of ur font😳***

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MNMS thumbnail
hehe .. im like u.. even i don't know how to apply a lipstick πŸ˜†

Anyways... i have a "No Makeup" vote πŸ˜›
kisnakiradha thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

hehe .. im like u.. even i don't know how to apply a lipstick πŸ˜†

Anyways... i have a "No Makeup" vote πŸ˜›

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† good on you! i prefer lipgloss, you dont need technique for them! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

and have u realised that even if you ever tried on makeup (for me, i tried eyeliner and mascarra lol), it looked like HEAPS to you? and then you went out and askd ur frends and theyd be like "you have makeup on? cant see!"πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ (although that maybe a good thing, coz makeup is ment to look natural, but u get wat i mean?)

Edited by kisnakiradha - 17 years ago
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i have always disliked wearing makeup. natural beauty is the best. wats the point of piling no foundation when u know tt at the end of the day u have to take it off? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† some pple say tt makeup enhances ur features but i feel tt we are made the way we are. πŸ˜† why must we pay to buy products tt make us look different? πŸ˜†
NNGAL thumbnail
mine is the first vote in favour of makeup. 😊

it makes me feel good. so why not????

as far the lip colour goes, i cant do it for nuts. πŸ˜• so i also vote for lip gloss... 😊

not that i go out with 1-inch thick make up every day. [in fact, i am allergic to make-up foundation] but i just love eye make up. i hardly remember a day that i have stepped out without a streak of kajal.

as rightly pointed by you all, these days even primary school kids also seems to know more about make up than many of the grown ups. i was 21 when i learnt the art of applying eye liner, even then not so perfectly.

after walking this earth for 24+ years i have learnt one thing. there is no better make up than the 'pink of health'... 😊
shikara thumbnail
I think make-up is fun to add to your look, l ike your clothes or jewellery but not too much everyday.

When I was in uni, I could barely roll out of bed and take shower at get to my 8:30 class ( beig in eng I always had 8:30's boy it sucked!!!πŸ˜” And I would see these girls like full decked up, impeccable clothes, ton of make up and looking like they were ready to hit the clubs! And I seriously would wonder where they gott he time!.

I think make up is fun and good to use as long as it doenst take over yuor life and you dont obesss. I mean there are women who wake up at like 5 so that the can do their make up and hair and their husbands/BF have never seen them woth out make up!! OMG Get a life!!!!!

Lastly, I think make up makes you look more special and made up and if you wear it all the tme what do you do when you really wanna look special?

Okay I'll stop now I'm an blabbin a lil too much! πŸ˜†
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hi !!!!

Ask me about this.My students look very pretty like Kashish,Bani,prerana,Kajjal and all ekta heroines.I really wonder how they manage to deck themselves early in the morning in that manner.If students study properly I don't have any problem.

I don't do makeup becoz I don't know how to do make up so I made my mind not to do make up atleast myselves.
Seriously speaking I'm least bothered about make up.See atleast while studying we need to study properly.What on earth makes girls deck like barbie dolls to classes.I really hate guys and gals who deck themselves too much for the classes.

BTW make up really adds lot of beauty to people.If tv,film actors don't do make up then we don't have debates in Dm about overating of stars,all will be correctly rated.

Does this man needs make up??

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
sowmyaa thumbnail
well, i don't like to apply foundation or compact or any base thing...but i like light lipstick and eye liner... i think it does make you look better than just plain..i do it at work and usually when i am getting ready for party...but other than lipstick or eye liner i don't do any makeup not even at party. last time i did whole make up was during my dance performance...that's other reason...i love to dance, and also perform but the make up you need to use for that just make me cry 🀒 Edited by sowmyaa - 17 years ago
NNGAL thumbnail
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 sowmyaa... you are a dancer!!!! cool..
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i dont like wearing make up...i rarely ever put it on...i think its more comfy without it...no need to worry about how you look or anything...i mean, just keep your skin and yourself healthy...thats best