I am not a lesbian in real life, clarifies Rishina Kandhari

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago

Rishina Kandhari claims that her role of a news reporter in the Amitabh Bachchan starrer show for Sony TV, Yudh has been a memorable experience. However, the fact that she played a lesbian character in the show to much ease has actually put her in a spot of bother in real life!!

Rishina is now being bombarded on social networking sites with strange and awkward questions coming from her fans. The one answer that all want to know is whether Rishina is a lesbian in real life!!

Very tough question to answer, isn't it?

Here is Rishina clarifying the air, as she speaks to Tellychakkar.com, "People on networking sites say that I played the character of Kavita in Yudh so naturally that they got confused if I am a lesbian in real life. You will not believe when I say that I get messages asking me what my relation with girls is like in real, do I spend more time with girl or boys, how is it having an affair with girls, so on and so forth."

"I want to tell all of them, loud and clear that I am not a lesbian' in real though I hang out with my girl friends more than boys (smiles)," explains Rishina.

On one particular odd fan incident, the actress says, "One girl came up to me in a mall and said that she really likes the way I essay the role of Kavita. And she said every time I looked up at Mona (Wasu) in the show, she indeed got goose bumps."

Talking about how the lesbian relationships get talked about in our country, Rishina avers, "I think lesbian relationships are over-hyped in our country. But with time all have become more advanced and aware of such relationships. Earlier, there were only few such females who used to get attracted to the same sex. But they were less inclined to admitting it due to social perceptions and stigmas. Now things have indeed changed."

Rishina, we hope all those who made a hue and cry on networking sites have got their answer!!