IshRa: Kaleidoscope One Shot

AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
  Kaleidoscop

"Just when I think it's all over, it just has to come back in flashes, you know? It's like a kaleidoscope of memories . . . it just all comes back. But 'he' never does, I think part of me knew the second I saw him that this would happen . . . I knew his world moved too fast. It burned too bright . . . I guess I just lost my balance. I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him, it was losing me."

Flowers.

Wine.

Decorations.

His favourite dishes.

'Perfect!'

Almost perfect- all perfection needed was him.

Ishita smiled as she ran the hair iron on the strands of her curls. She combed her fingers through her now, pin straight hair, feeling the heat radiate from it. He liked her hair this way. He said it reminded him of the first time her met her - his angel.

She stood up straight, and checked herself in the mirror.

She wore a red saree.

Red to symbolize their love, the jealousy, hatred and betrayal.

He liked it when she dressed up for him. Apart from those flamboyant work clothes that seemed so sophisticated, of course. . . but then their jobs demanded sophistication, just like it demanded him to wear those oomph suits 24/7 that screamed Armani, Versace, Burberry and what not.

Normalcy was a treasure they cherished--him in his 'Old Navy' jeans and her in her 'Pepe' ones.

Ishita smiled as she reminisced about the day they had first met. Feb 14, Valentines' Day.

Everything had seemed so surreal that day. All normalcy lost.

She had broken up with her boyfriend just a week ago. He had been a cheating scum. She had then randomly chatted with her best friend's older half-brother, not once knowing his identity. It had been her rebellion.

She remembered telling him that she'd go out with the first person who'd steal her heart on V-Day- His valentine he had said, and there he was -in her inbox- a video of him, holding a bouquet of white lilies asking her out- and then that meeting had lead to a hundred more ' flowers, bouquets, rendezvous, scandals and love!

Ishita wiped away the lone tear that escaped her eyes and walked down the spiral staircase.

This had been their home. There had been no marriage, no bonds, no ties or norms, but it had been just them.

As the engine roared to life Ishita found herself hit by a wave of memories. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT. This had been her dream car. Oh how many unfruitful hours she had spent dreaming about this baby, and then on her 24th birthday there it was, parked in their driveway.

"You deserve to be spoilt once in a while, if not always." he had said sporting his famous grin. Ishita had run into his arms. He twirled her around in the air, laughing with her.

He had been everything to her- her reason to smile, her rock, her happiness and her baby. 

He was the reason she smiled even on those bad hair days.  

He even watched those cheesy chick flicks with her and even managed to 'aww' at all the right places, which in turn lead to her awing at him.

She remembered him criticizing the movie and earning a whack from her. 

He never minded if she scratched his hand as she tried to watch those horror flicks or as she flung popcorn at the home theater.

She was his girl and as he said - he was the only one allowed to scream at her, to criticize her, hold her tight and love her.

She loved the way he smiled when she tried to make him jealous and claimed that no one could take her away from him.

She loved it when she would start screaming at him, start hitting him and all he used to do was hug her till she calmed down.

Ishita let go of the steering wheel as she tried to wipe away those treacherous tears that made their way down her cheeks.

She frantically attempted to stop crying, wiping her eyes and face and ruining her already perfected make up in the process, completely letting go of the cars control.

She was strong, damn it, she was! He had faced it, she would, too.  She could not break down. She had to make him proud, she had to be strong for him, but it was so hard.

Her world shattered. She jolted forward. Something had crashed into her car. Red. Red everywhere. Blood?

His face flashed in her mind as she whispered the name of the one person who mattered the most, "Raman". Her life flashed in front of her eyes.  

Darkness. Oh-so familiar darkness. The same numbness that she felt the day she lost Raman. A helicopter crash' somewhere in the Maldives. The same numbness when she was informed of the crash, the crash that took Raman away.

One crash. No remains. Just a void.

And she needed a light, a spark and there it was radiating from an inhuman being. A being with a dimly lit halo. An Angel, maybe?  

'Raman!'

It was her Raman. Did angels really exist or was she hallucinating again? Who cared? Raman was here.

"Ishita. Love!"

"Raman," she whispered not once believing her eyes. 

"Raman," she whispered yet again, trying her best to move. She tried moving forward and hugging her only love. She lay there unable to do so, stagnant, amiable. Were her eyes deceiving her, or was she just' lost?

"Ishita," he whispered as he etched closer "Oh, Ishita! How I missed you! How I've missed you,"

"Then take me away with you. I'm a mess without you. I'm a mess living with your memories."

"I can't. You have a life to live. You have to love someone. You have to grow old as you had always wished to, to love and to cherish, I can't deny you that, I can't!"  

"I love you. I do. I never told you, but you are my life. My obsession' My hope."

"Then I won't regret this. Please remember, no matter what happens I'll be there, with you, beside you. I love you. You are my life now and I'm just returning my other half to me. You won't get that now, but one day you will, my love."

And he kissed her. 

It wasn't a peck or a hungry demanding kiss, but it was perfect. It was Raman. Her Raman who always managed to kiss her perfectly, the only way she wanted to be kissed. It was gentle and filled with hope, love and dreams' unfulfilled dreams. And then she found herself gasping for air. Did she need it?

The paramedics arrived. She felt them carry her away as she wondered' was Raman ever there?

A YEAR LATER

That night had been the worst night of her life, where she had loved and lost again. The whole society of Angelogy claimed that what Raman had done to her was called the 'Kiss of Life' or the "Forbidden Kiss". A rarity and a forbidden kiss among angels and humans.

And there she was, a year later forced to travel with her boss's estranged son.

Travel.

Heck, she had never seen him earlier, not once ever and she was travelling with him. 14 February out of all the days!

"It's Valentine's Day and here I am without a Valentine. This sucks!" she heard a strikingly familiar voice say, a voice she knew too well.  

How? 

"Right, love." he continued, as Ishita stared at him in shock.

That face! That finely chiseled dimpled face. 

How?

Ishita found herself staring at this stranger, strange he was.

"Raman, Raman Kumar Bhalla. Take a picture, it'll last longer," he said.

Ishita smiled at herself and turned away and continued staring out of the window, watching as very thing shrunk in size.

Raman' - was he back, or was she hallucinating?

For once, she didn't want to find out. All that mattered was that he was here.

Until, someone passed her a glass of red wine, chocolate coated strawberries and whispered "Happy V-Day."

"Ishita Iyer," She found herself whispering.

"Madrasan."

-**- -**- -**- -**-  

Kudos, who guessed that this was the Abhiya OS I had penned down somewhere around March years ago. And it happens to be only OS penned down by me that I love so much. Sure it's not one of my best works and grammatically incorrect, and sure I did not edit/ proof read it, (in my defense - I'm puling down all my works on other fandoms, and revamping them into IshRa fan fictions if i intend to continue them. I'm sure this OS has a lot of loop holes but I really wanted to edit and re-post what's left of discontinued works and re-launch them with IshRa and here I am. One shot posted. FF on it's way. 

Regarding Update Alerts!  

You can either add the account :  AraMusesID 

Please leave behind your views.

A comment will help keep this higher in the topic list as no PMs have been sent. :)

Edited by AraBearxx - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RomComFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice... a different style from your others but different is good!👏  Great job.

Thanks so much for spoiling us all with so many terrific ISHRA stories- much appreciated!😊

You just keep making me fall in love with them over and over gain, in all your different avatars of them!

Kudos to you!🤗
Edited by RomComFan - 9 years ago
MidnightMusings thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Whoa got to read. Love the title already
resh.rose thumbnail
Loved it completely...👏

AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: RomComFan

Nice... a different style from your others but different is good!👏  Great job.

Thanks so much for spoiling us all with so many terrific ISHRA stories- much appreciated!😊

You just keep making me fall in love with them over and over gain, in all your different avatars of them!

Kudos to you!🤗

Honestly, if I had to choose one fanfiction which I adore by me - I think my first ever fanfiction Beautifully Dead/ The 'Trust Me' That Didn't Last along with Meherbaan would be my fanfiction and this would be my favourite one shot. I just love this one.  It keeps me in touch with the paranormal fanatic in me. It basically sums up my teen years till now.  

Thank you for reading them. You don't post unless someone reads them. :) 

Hawww. Thank you.  
AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Liashna

Whoa got to read. Love the title already

Please do.  
AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: resh.rose

Loved it completely...👏