I don't believe in love jihad, believe in Love:Bajrangi Behna

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Kareena Kapoor believes in "feeling of love" which, she feels, can happen between two people regardless of caste, creed, or religion. Therefore, the actress doesn't relate to the concept of "Love Jihad" and says that she never believed in such theories.

"I believe only in the feeling of love," Kareena, who is married to actor-filmmaker Saif Ali Khan, told IANS when asked about Love Jihad, which is allegedly a Muslim project of luring Hindu girls into marriage and religious conversion.

"Saif has a very broad perspective and he also shared his perspective on 'Love Jihad' (via an open letter). He married a Hindu, which is me, and we had a civil marriage," said the actress.

"I feel that love is something that you can't term. There is passion, there is lust... there are so many things. It can happen between two human beings," said Kareena.

"Now if somebody is Hindu and he or she starts loving a Muslim person, you can't stop them. You cannot ask somebody, 'Are you a Muslim or are you a Hindu?' and then fall in love.

"Love is a feeling, it's an emotion. That's why I don't believe in Love Jihad. I believe in the feeling of love," added the 34-year-old.

Co-incidentally her next film with Salman Khan "Bajrangi Bhaijan" is also about a Brahmin girl and Muslim boy.

The actress is in the capital on dual purpose - first she launched the latest bathing range of Vivel titled "Love & Nourish" and now she is busy shooting for Kabir Khan's "Bajrangi Bhaijan" in the city.

The "Bajrangi Bhaijan" team started shooting Wednesday in the bylanes of Chandni Chowk.

"I am looking forward to working with Salman. We are like family. Before my marriage, he worked with me and now he is working with me after my marriage, so I am excited," said the actress who was seen with Salman in "Bodyguard".

"I am playing a girl from Chandni Chowk in the film. I have huge connection with Delhi as I have done a lot of my films shooting here so I love the city," said the actress whose films like "3 Idiots" and "Kurbaan" were shot in the capital.

To be made under Salman Khan Ventures, "Bajrangi Bhaijan" is being prepared for an Eid release next year.

With over a decade's experience, Kareena is now ready to experiment with new talent and she has as many as 25 scripts from new directors, "which I have not even started reading. I am going to read each and every script."

She was launched by J.P. Dutta in "Refugee" and in her over a decade-long stint in filmdom, she has worked with big banners like Dharma Productions and Yash Raj Films. She also collaborated with directors like Sudhir Mishra and Govind Nihalani.

"I have always worked with big directors and I am still working with big directors like Rohit Shetty and Kabir Khan, but now I want to work with somebody who is fresh.

"I worked with some young directors in the past. For instance, Shakun Batra in 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu' and I want to continue that," she said and added she is looking at directors with fresh ideas and concepts.Edited by Dare_Lala - 9 years ago
 a Muslim project of luring Hindu girls into marriage and religious conversion.

🤢

Who ever invented that term needs to STFU. 
Originally posted by LadyDabangg

a Muslim project of luring Hindu girls into marriage and religious conversion.

🤢

Who ever invented that term needs to STFU.

Yea! It Sounds scary to me.
dumbo bimbo who cares what u worship.
This shit is why India is so backwards, religion holds in India back🤢
Is that what this movie is about? Justifying converting religions for marriage? Just curious
Bajrangi Bhaijan" is also about a Brahmin girl and Muslim boy.

this movie not breaking records !!! 😆
Originally posted by tomnjerry2

Bajrangi Bhaijan" is also about a Brahmin girl and Muslim boy.

this movie not breaking records !!! 😆

🤣 n then 1000 posts on sallu not having pull over the audience n blah blah 🤣
Originally posted by shiningways2407

🤣 n then 1000 posts on sallu not having pull over the audience n blah blah 🤣

I cn assure not to create one !!! 😆 
Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Is that what this movie is about? Justifying converting religions for marriage? Just curious

Don't think so.
But it does have a hindu girl, muslim boy angle.