Let's congratulate Surekha Sikri - Our Dadisa! - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago
Surekha Sikri is a huge part of the reason that Balika Vadhu has remained a classy show throughout ever since its first episode. A powerhouse of natural acting, she defines what the very word "acting" should be. Salute to this magnificent veteran. May Indian television be blessed with more such finds.
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
many many congratulation to surekha ji for winning award once again .she has shine name of bv serial due to her marvellous acting .she do all shades whether it is positive or negative or comic all shades she play naturally and in very nice way .her face expression and dialouge delivery are superb .really surekha ji deserve this honourEdited by surabhi01 - 9 years ago
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thank You for this Wonderful Thread πŸ˜ƒ
Indeed, the main reason for me to get hooked on to the show, since its inception is DadiSa and the actress playing same.

There was a dewy freshness in her character sketch, at a time, when  the Hindi telly shows are ruled by OTT MIL's, Aunts and Vamps.

It looked as if, the actress was born to portray the role. One can never de alienate the character from the actress and vice versa.

She had donned all the shades she was required to with aplomb and she continues to do so., and with such consistency.

I do not think, there will be any f/ther proof required if one has to learn what it means by " Commitment " towards your work. Just observe the consistency of her performance in the show, for the past 6 years and counting.

Balika Vadhu as a show is extremely lucky to have her as foundation as well as one of the strongest pillar of their existance.

While congratulating her on this yet another achievemnt of hers, I earnestly wish her good health, every bit of happiness, and wish she will continue to entertain us for many more years to come.

goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for this wonderful thread!!
In fact I was also wondering what kind of thread you are going to open but didn't expect it to be such a magnificent one.

Thanks for putting together all the information regarding Surekhaji's professional journey along with personal life. Wasn't aware of many of the things.

Surekhaji is really powerhouse of talent and BV is lucky to have her in Dadisa's role. The range of emotions she has portrayed throughout last 6 yrs is really amazing.

Big Congratulations to Surekhaji on winning this award πŸ‘
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Rightly said. Her presence in the show makes a difference to the show. Makes it a classy show. This is one of the reasons even after 6 years of being on air the still attracts the best of acting talent to essay cameos.
It is her humility and down to earth nature that makes her acknowledge the role of scripts that played a role in her success.Very few actors can raise above the script and shine even in a badly written scene and she is one of them.

--------
As Dadisa she gained immense popularity because of the reach of the show and I think she was one of the main reasons apart from the way the story was told and the production values behind the success of Balika Vadhu.
In fact she was the reason why this show caught my attention apart from that charming little girl.

There are vamps and there are vamps but the way her love and care for her family and her pride in her beendinis came throug despite her nastiness towards them is surely Surekhaji's contribution to the role. 
Her love and pride in Anandi and Sumi was the reason was the reason why I found it difficult to hate her even when she was being so harsh.

Not everyone can convey such mixed feelings and emotions as she can.

Banegi Apni Baat was a cult show which was a truly urban based show which hstarted with a group of youngsters from all social and economic strata and traced their lives as they pass out of college and starting builings lives for themselves.
She played a role of a soft spoken well cultured widow who kept her three daughters rooted to the values with which she bbrought them up.
When I first started watching BV it was so difficult to believe that this is the same lady who played a role in Banegi Apni Baat which is so totally opposite.πŸ˜†

BAB aired way before K shows ruined the tastes of Indian television audiences.

I think Surekhaji and Balika Vadhu are the two reasons why the content based shows made a comeback on TV.

i am sure the day when Surekhaji decides to call it a day and that day will be the end of Balika Vadhu.

Before BV came along i stopped watching TV altogether.Now every show I watch I compare it with BV to figure out whether it is worth my time or not and sadly none of them have been able to measure up to BV in terms of quality or performances led by Surekhaji.BV and Surekhaji have become point of references for me.

I think she won the best actress Jury award once before too. She definitely is one of the leads.

While watching Anandi's story I keep wondering how Kalyani Devi would have behaved in similar situation.Such is the power in her performance as DadisaπŸ˜ƒ

Thank you Purnenduji for creating a character like Dadisa and thank you CVs of BV and Colors channel for casting an awesome actress Surekha Sikri in that role.πŸ‘
Muktchand thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Congratulations to Legend called Surekha Sikri β­οΈ

Outstanding actor performer ...portraying various shades on screen effortlessly. πŸ‘

Dadisa is no body else but Surekha ji... only she can come up with this wht an transformation...from Grey may be Negative to super cute positive Dadisa πŸ‘πŸΌ  

Famous jhatka of Dadisa... Thari Bhale hove...signature line  that costume that kada on her feet...her eyes showing all possible emotions 

Kind of chemistry she has with all age group and various actor's in Balika Vadhu. From Avika to Toral 

From Avinash  to Siddharth & Shashank and little Maanu aka Dhariya 

Entire cast Anup Smita Satyajeet And Seniors actors including Great Rajendra Gupta and Sudhir Pandey πŸ‘ 

One can go on and on... 

@skep aka Anu thank you for this wonderful and well deserving thread πŸ€—

Indeed without Surekha ji Balika Vadhu is incomplete β­οΈ

Edited by blushing - 9 years ago
umam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Skep  πŸ˜ƒ- Thank you for this wonderful thread on Surekhaji β­οΈβ­οΈ
Beautiful Posts in this thread 😊 They reflect so much of  love, affection, and admiration for this great actor - Hope Surekhaji gets to read this thread.. BV and Surekhaji have become synonymous for me β­οΈ 
Even after six years, every scene of her, her portrayal of emotions/expressions is so new and fresh..Never get a feeling that Oh I have witnessed this kind of acting earlier in BV.. Wonder how she manages to bring in such interpretation for each and every situation πŸ‘

Absolutely agree that BV and Surekhaji brought back the focus on strong meaningful content in daily  soaps ⭐️ 

SPuja thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for this thread. 
 Surekha ji as DS is superb - she has brought out so many shades of this rigid, ruthless, selfish,loving, caring, repenting, manipulative etc etc. dadisa. I do not see many films/serials - so I remember seeing her in Tamas (for which she got award also). 

Congratulations to Surekhaji and hope that she will give many more superb characters to the film/TV industry. 
anshurg5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

My heartfelt congratulations to Surekhaji for adding another feather in her already shining cap. β­οΈπŸ‘

Actually these awards get credibility when these are bestowed upon natural talents like Surekhaji instead of being vice versa. πŸ˜› 

I fully agree with others that BV and Surekhaji have become synonyms . Thanks to BV directors for creating a character like Kalyani Devi aka DS who always evoked various emotions in the viewers ranging from extreme hatred to liking to love and finally respect for her ever evolving character.                   
                 Surekhaji has slipped so effortlessly in the role of DS that it became impossible to separate them . Either it was rigid ,manipulating, ruthless DS of beginning or broken to the core lady whose ladesar left her for his selfish perusal of  his dreams without looking back at the shattered hearts of ppl left behind or a woman trying to rectifying her mistakes by searching happiness for her  DIL turned daughter  or today's benevolent DS who is not only embracing new values from the front herself but leading others to these also, she was class apart in all.
         There are countless moments in BV who stands apart and most of them are coz of Surekhaji. The one scene which I cant forget till date is when Shiv came to BH for refusing Anandi's marriage proposal on the behest of Jagdeesh . Surekhaji as Dadi Sa of her ladesar was superb in that scene. Expressions of her face were changing every second and the exhilaration on listening what she herself wanted at the moment was worth watching. It again started to change with Anandi's avowal of her feelings and finally she was ashamed of what she was thinking. Dont think anyone else could have portrayed it so perfectly yet so effortlessly.πŸ‘β­οΈ

I have not seen much of her prior work but I remember one of her movie in which she was playing Farida Jalal sister , it was perhaps Mammo. And she was absolutely brilliant in that. ⭐️ 

Wish we continue to watch her exemplary performances as DS and in other roles too for many more years to come.😳

My best wishes for her future roles. πŸ˜›

---------------

Skeps, Thanks for creating this wonderful thread and giving an opportunity to express our views. πŸ‘

Edited by anshurg5 - 9 years ago
atominis thumbnail
Thank you for responses!😊
This is Surekha ji's 6th award at ITA. As many awards as the years this show has run.
It is a befitting achievement given her contribution to the show.⭐️

I must say daily serials exhaust actors and often they become monotone. They themselves admit they sleepwalk through role after a year or 2. They blame daily format for substandard acting. But Surekha ji is nearly 69 or 70, she has been in this daily serial for 6 years yet she has never given a sub par performance. Never came across as sleepwalking through scenes. This is commendable discipline and dedication as an artiste.πŸ‘

I happened to catch a video of Neem da ped online once. She was every bit a rural Punjabi woman there! Correct accent and effortless pronunciation. No one could have thought she would convincingly do a rural Rajasthani character too. It means she really works on herself to fit characters she chooses. πŸ˜Š

I was happy to come across interviews of her colleagues and even rivals praising her to skies. It is not every time that both young and old, from even rival channels publicly praise another actor for her performance in a serial. Nice to know her offscreen bonding is also good and she has earned so much respect. 

I read she has had biggest success in theatre and won many awards. I wish we had complete list of her contribution and achievements in theatre. She must have been brilliant which is why she received the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, 25 years ago. 

Theatre persons find it rather frustrating to put up with vagaries on TV. But BV seniors like Dadisa, Bhairon, Basant, Mahavir Singh etc never looked out of place, never complained and simply did their work to the best of their ability in given medium and resources. 

They surely must have been inspiration to young actors too which is why BV extracted great performance from youngsters also.

This is one classy team.

Once again kudos to Surekha ji for giving her soul to her work in BV all these years irrespective of health issues, age and personal issues. Amazing veteran who justifies adage "old is gold".πŸ‘