MaNan OS - Dysfunctional

Firebolt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
"You're always exactly where you're supposed to be."

He didn't want to care. And frankly if anyone asked him, he would deny it with every fiber of his being.

There she was, that annoying girl, with his best friend. She was leaning into him while he whispered something. He never thought his friend's mostly soft voice could irritate him so much, it never had before. But now seeing her leaning into him so that she could hear what Dhruv had to say, he absolutely detested it.

Honestly he should be jamming or reading a comic or anything but be here, sitting behind them at the cafeteria.

"I, tho, think you totally should"

Some whispering he couldn't hear.

"Who cares what that monster thinks."

He clenched his fist. That stupid, stupid girl.

"I'll teach you, it's super fun."

If she would just shut up.

And she did. But then she grabbed his hand. "Come right now." And they left, hand in goddamn hand.

If you asked him when he started to feel this unexplained rage for his best friend, he couldn't tell you. It sort of crept up on him. And it was all because of that dumb, loud, silly silly girl. She always leaned into him or held his hand or laughed at his jokes. He hated it all.

But he couldn't do anything about it. What could be done? He'd growled, huffed and glared all he could, but at the end of the day he couldn't come up with any valid reason for them to be apart. So he stopped doing all those things and seethed silently. He avoided her unless it was their project'. And even then he spoke clipped words that were to the point.  He never mentioned anything about her to Dhruv or asked him what he did with her. He hoped if he pretended long enough then it would all go away.

So far it'd worked very slightly. She didn't scream at him and he didn't pick on her. It was almost like they were invisible to one another. But god knew he noticed her. She could be doing nothing he would still be painfully aware of her. She would laugh and it would make everything better. She would make some dumb joke in the auditorium and he would stifle a laugh even as everyone around groaned. She would walk into the room and his breath would hitch. He hated every single second of it all.

He sighed, finally picking up his guitar. Perhaps a good jamming session would lift his moods.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"Shayad yahi yeh pyaar..."

His voice faded out and he finally took a breather. So maybe singing about love was the wrong thing to do. But his fingers automatically strummed the guitar with the familiar tune and lo behold he was singing before he even knew it.

Lost in his thoughts, he didn't realize that someone was watching him until a voice broke through the silence.

"You sing so amazingly well, do you have any idea?", she said, standing some feet away towards the door.

It was her. Of course it was. The universe hated him, clearly.

"Tum. What are you doing here? This is the Fab5 practice room you shouldn't be here. Leave."

Her eyebrows furrowed and her smile dropped. She stepped forward, coming fully into his view almost as if demanding to be noticed.

"Monster Manik tumeh kya lagtha, that I'm here to spy on you? As if I don't have any other job."
She waited for the smart ass comeback, but it never came. He'd turned around, putting his guitar away.

He'd strapped it onto his back and coolly walked past. Until... he felt a hand wrap around his.

"Wait"

He turned but her hand still held on to his. Her frown became more severe. His act immediately dropped.

"Kya hua? Is Rishab all right? Is something wrong?" his eyes searched hers as he moved closer.

She looked up at him. "You never look at me anymore." She said finally.

"What."

"Haan. You never look at me or talk to me or fight with me..."

"Isn't that what you wanted anyway? What are you talking about; we talk every morning right here at college"

She struggled trying to say the right thing.

"Did I do something wrong?"

They were looking at each other. He knew he had to walk away. This couldn't be good. This went against every plan he had in his mind. He shouldn't care. Walk away Manik, walk the hell  away he said to himself.

He abruptly moved forward, close to her. His hand came up, resting on her shoulders and pulling her into a weak embrace. His eyes were strained on hers. Everything around them sort of faded away. He couldn't help it, this was exactly where he wanted to be.

"Ma..Manik, what are you doing?"

He thought about it as she waited looking puzzled at him, her breath a little quicker than normal.

"Looking at you, talking to you, fighting with you."

She gulped.

"But we're not fighting."

"Do you want to start?"

An unexpected grin lined his face causing his eyes to crinkle and her heart to speed up 10 times over.

"I miss you." She blurted out and then inhaled sharply as she realized it.

"But I'm right here." He was being purposely obscure.

"You shouldn't ignore me."

His smile widened. "Is that an order?"

"Yes. I hate it when people start to move away from me without telling me why."

"Hate it?"

"Haan"

"Well I guess I should start paying more attention then."

He leaned down so that he was at eye level, their faces close together.

"Is this enough attention?" His breathe fanned her face. She didn't have a response.

His arms around her shoulders dropped down slowly down her back to rest around her waist.

"Do you want to spend time with me? I thought I was the monster you ran away from." He wanted her to react to him. He wanted her to feel the same things he did even if he didn't know what those feelings were.

"I just.. I want you to.. woh actually.."

She was squirming; he knew she'd never say it aloud. But what did he even want her to say.

His arms tightened around her, their foreheads resting together as she slightly rose on her tip toes. She felt the blanket of comfort that always seemed to resonate from him, engulfing everything around. It was hard not to get used it, having him close, sharing his warmth. In fact, a little closer and they'd be kissing.

That abrupt realization caused her to panic. She struggled against his hold.

"What, is the attention making you uncomfortable Nandu?"

He let go. But she didn't move away. She only muttered.

"Monster. Thinks he can do anything. I don't care. Stupid. Monster"

"Well now all your wishes came true. We're fighting."

"Stop making fun of me." She glared at him. Clearly it wasn't a very effective glare as he continued to mockingly look down at her.

"Would I dare do that?" He feigned innocence.

"Manik Malhotra, I don't care okay? You can do whatever you want." She huffed dramatically, glared some more at him and finally turned back, walking away.

Right as she reached the door his voice softly broke out.

"Nandini," She stopped and turned to look at him.

"Alright. I'll look at you, talk to you and fight with you." But this time he wasn't mocking, his eyes were smoldering and his lips were tight.  

She smiled. However dysfunctional they were, she never wanted it to change. Ever.

The End.

A/N - Hey everybody, new here. But not new to IF or fanfiction. So a big hello to everyone here. Okay words cannot express how much I love this show. LOVE IT. Power infinity. Have I mentioned I love Parth and Niti and the entire cast? I so totally do. Mark my words Parth's going to be the next big thing.

Coming to the story, I tried to keep the story as close to the show as possible. I'm guessing these are the types of things we're going to see in the coming episodes. Also sorry for any mistakes in the story it's literally 2AM here :'D 
Edited by Firebolt - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AyaNi.CabIni thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow!!!!amazing yaar! its quite late here as well.almost 1.30 am.๐Ÿ˜†

I really love it. โค๏ธsincerely๐Ÿ˜‰ and I truly appreciate how you tried to keep the OS close to the story line!!! it make it so believable!!! it is really nice. Hope to have many many more OS from you 'cause I really enjoyed it.

zohasad2.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
beautiful OS

Do write more on them.

----Zoha
nyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I can actually imagine a scene like this unfolding in the future between Manik and Nandani.  How can they not talk, bicker, look or fall in love...? Loved reading this OS. You write wonderfully! 
& Welcome aboard :)
mayaya. thumbnail
First of all WELCOME :)
Secondly...
I loved this. I could totally see this happening, and it would be super cute. I loved the way you wrote it. I think this was a really good OS.
Firebolt thumbnail

Originally posted by: JAAN19

Wow!!!!amazing yaar! its quite late here as well.almost 1.30 am.๐Ÿ˜†

I really love it. โค๏ธsincerely๐Ÿ˜‰ and I truly appreciate how you tried to keep the OS close to the story line!!! it make it so believable!!! it is really nice. Hope to have many many more OS from you 'cause I really enjoyed it.

Thanks a lot hun ! Glad you enjoyed it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

And I hope to write a lot more as well ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Firebolt thumbnail

Originally posted by: zohasad2.0

beautiful OS

Do write more on them.

----Zoha

Thanks and that's the plan ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š
Firebolt thumbnail

Originally posted by: nyxx

I can actually imagine a scene like this unfolding in the future between Manik and Nandani.  How can they not talk, bicker, look or fall in love...? Loved reading this OS. You write wonderfully! 

& Welcome aboard :)

Thank you. They have no choice, they'll fall and they'll fall hard ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Glad to be aboard. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Firebolt thumbnail

Originally posted by: -MyMy-

First of all WELCOME :)

Secondly...
I loved this. I could totally see this happening, and it would be super cute. I loved the way you wrote it. I think this was a really good OS.

Glad you liked it, the pleasure was all mine ๐Ÿ˜ณ
baisakh45 thumbnail
this was outrageously beautiful,