TOI Avinash Wadhawan quits Balika Vadhu, Akshay Anand replaces him

ButterflyOnRose thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Shiv gets a new dad😛

Avinash Wadhawan quits Balika Vadhu, Akshay replaces him

Neha Maheshwri,TNN | Oct 16, 2014, 12.00 AM IST

Avinash Wadhawan quits Balika Vadhu, Akshay replaces him

After Anup Soni ,Smita Bansal and Satyajit Sharma, Avinash Wadhawan is the latest to quit TV show, 'Balika Vadhu'. The actor, who plays Sidharth Shukla's father, has been replaced by Akshay Anand. 

Avinash didn't want to be a part of the time leap, which was in the planning. However, there is also a buzz that the leap might not happen as of now. Avinash says, "The leap is inevitable. Basically, I don't want to play a grandfather. I had also committed to a Punjabi film and am required to travel outdoors. I'm thankful that the production house and the channel allowed me to quit." He tells us it's not the age, but the character that prompts him to take up a show. He adds, "I've played a father in Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai as well. My priority is to play strong and powerful characters. I would love to play younger roles, but TV doesn't allow that, although men my age are still heroes on the big screen." 

Akshay, on his part, says, "I don't have any qualms about aging on screen as the viewers relate more to the character than the actor. Also, I accepted the offer because there's an interesting twist in the character's track." 

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news/Avinash-Wadhawan-quits-Balika-Vadhu-Akshay-replaces-him/articleshow/44826149.cms

Edited by Beautiful-Soul - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saba113 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lol i don't understand why cvs felt it is important to bring Anoop back from being declared dead and then stupid track who is father of Shiv 
Till he was Pasha , his character was interesting They could have kept him as a cameo and then shown him  going to find his family or meeting them  not Shekhars but some other but by linking him to Shekhars they made him nothing but a forced member in the family who contribute nothing important to serial 

Avinash said leap is inevitable so leap ho k rahe ga May be not now It is postponed again 
Muktchand thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Sidra

Well Avinash was not up to mark ... Quite OTT ... Hope Akshay Anand do decent job.

New twist to character means looks like Anup vs rest of KB mob ...anyways lets see

Leap... Its hilirious... Looks like its postpone...But yah after certain point... Lets see
Nandita_Siddian thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: blushing

Thanks Sidra

Well Avinash was not up to mark ... Quite OTT ... Hope Akshay Anand do decent job.

New twist to character means looks like Anup vs rest of KB mob ...anyways lets see

Leap... Its hilirious... Looks like its postpone...But yah after certain point... Lets see

BV leap was actually postponed since last year dewali...😉 .i read a news then ke shashank loose the chance to play a double role in BV  after leap...This leap is still pending..😆

Anyway i have no issue with BV leap...But yes BV makers may face many  issues for that..😉.😆
Muktchand thumbnail
@nandita... Hummm...

I think first they will complete current AnSh story... Which is still pending ... First they shd concentrate on that

Btw it seems BV will still airs... Channel not going to pull off

leap... Well lets see... Kya kya hota hain... He he he...

@nandita... Hummm...

I think first they will complete current AnSh story... Which is still pending ... First they shd concentrate on that

Btw it seems BV will still airs... Channel not going to pull off

leap... Well lets see... Kya kya hota hain... He he he...

yes they need to end ansh story ist with proper space...professional track i do not expect and want...becoz bv 's professional tracks are always horrible for me.But atleast they can show amol's treatment and ansh Biological child...after that they should take leap.😊

Muktchand thumbnail
Nandita... Yes I think so that's why they might have postpone it or only news leak

it will shown after AnSh story complete...

btw looks like entire KB will be there if leap shown ...hey bhagwan ...

anyways ... It seems after Painter track Family drama will begin ... Hope all this will lead to DB bhanda phod
Edited by blushing - 9 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
TFS

He was impressive in the beginning because he didn't open his mouth at all.

But since the first time he opened his mouth and had some dialogues his acting has been bit OTT.

As for the leap I guess it has to happen some time or other.

But atleast complete the pending story of AnSh - Amol walking, Anandi's pregnancy and some solid foundation for Anandi;s professional life before taking a leap.
umam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TFS.
btw - Isn't the actor already playing the role of a grandfather  it is another matter that the character does not acknowledge Amol 

Let us see what changes the new actor playing the same character will bring in..
Edited by umam - 9 years ago

Nandita... Yes I think so that's why they might have postpone it or only news leak

it will shown after AnSh story complete...

btw looks like entire KB will be there if leap shown ...hey bhagwan ...

anyways ... It seems after Painter track Family drama will begin ... Hope all this will lead to DB bhanda phod

Channel head already clarified in TOI news that Anandi and KB mobs all will be there after leap.Plus they are scouting for some new Characters means the next gen characters...😊