Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Welcome 

To 

Zee Marathi Chat Club 

Here you can chat with your friends instead of spamming other topicsπŸ˜›

Just a few rules to follow:

1) Follow IF COC rules. 
2) No bashing, mocking any members, actor or characters.
3) Avoid using CAPS as it is considered as shouting.
4) Please do not quote more than 3 times.
5) Have fun peeps..!! 

Edited by -Zoey- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Zoey- thumbnail
ZOO INCIDENT

The white tiger killed this man at the Delhi zoo

NEWS BRIEF

New Delhi:  A white tiger attacked and killed a 20-year-old man who apparently fell into its enclosure at the Delhi zoo on Tuesday.

Witnesses say the man, Maqsood, fell 18 feet into a dry moat in the tiger enclosure at around 1 pm. Moments later, the fully-grown tiger could be seen dragging his body by the neck. An image taken by witnesses shows him cowering before the animal, his hands folded.

Some say he lost his balance while trying to get a closer look; the zoo authorities claim he jumped in despite warnings.

"He crossed the barrier of the enclosure and jumped in," said Zoo Director Amitabh Agnihotri. Other officials claimed a guard had warned Maqsood after he crossed over the outer fence and had even taken him out, but he went back in.

A witness said he raced to the tiger enclosure after hearing screams, to see the man locked in the tiger's jaws, writhing in pain.

"We saw that a white tiger had gripped a man by his neck. No one helped him," said Himanshu, a visitor.

The body remained at the spot for hours, until guards scared the tiger into a cage.

Witnesses say Maqsood suffered for an agonizing 10-15 minutes before dying. Security guards could do nothing; witnesses claim they didn't have tranquilizer guns or wireless sets to call in reinforcements. The zoo authorities deny it.

"The tiger didn't attack at first until stones were thrown at it," said Bittu, who filmed the incident on his phone.

Whom to blame for the loss of one human life?
1) The victim-- for his negligence
2) The zoo authorities- for their negligence
3) Public who by throwing stones at tiger made the situation even worse

Have your say?

dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Unfortunately Niyam he modanyasathis astat hi aaplya deshwasiyanchi manasikta aahe πŸ˜‘
The more insensitive part of this incidence is somebody made video shoot of it and circulated the video on social apps. 
Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.
I have avid interest in hindustani classical, marathi naatya-sangeet, and sugam sangeet and would like to take part in such discussions. 

Can you please tell me if there are any such discussion threads?

Sorry if I'm spamming here.
Thank you!
Edited by Pooriya - 9 years ago
.Neela. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Zoey,
Thanks for opening these 2 threads.  So, I am going to be found here and not on the JYRG thread πŸ˜ƒ
And a good post to start with.πŸ‘πŸΌ  What about the atrocities from the stray dogs in India?? There was an article in NYTimes about it quite sometime back.  Thanks to Maneka Gandhi for her animal love...πŸ˜”.  Did she even think about the consequences?  I found it very annoying this time in my visit, every time I walked on the streets.  "Jeev muthit dharun" mhanje kaay te experience kela.  Even a 5 mins walk cannot be without keeping watch on the dogs!!!!  Very annoying in addition to the heaps of garbage all over the city.  Infact, why can't Indian Govt. make a rule like in the US for stray dogs?  Instead of taking to the pound, take them to dog shelters and try feeding them there, then the Govt. will realize how much it takes to raise the breeds of stray dogs.

Instead, why can't there be strict measures against the poachers? The Indian Bengal Tiger has sadly become an endangered species.  And many more added to that list.
.Neela. thumbnail
Pooriya,
Welcome!  As far as I know there is no such thread at least in the Marathi forums.  But we have SW (Spashta Wakta) who you definitely can count on for discussion on all topics that you have expressed interest in discussing.  SW, I hope you don't mind me volunteering your name πŸ˜Š.

Ahhh...and now to the currently most discussed Fawad Khan movie - Khhobsurat.  I saw it OL yesterday night πŸ₯±.  Its available on dailymotion.  What a F**ing waste of my time and Fawad's talent.  Fawad has hardly looked at Sonam's face throughout the movie and I felt he was so unconvinced about the role.  Why*F did he even decide to do it.  And the only smooching scene...was that even real??  Bechchara...shayad Haj ki yatra kar ke aayega agar sacchi me woh shot diya hai toh!!!!!!!!  And Anil Kapoor better get out of his fantasy world and stop thinking that his daughter even remotely resembles Rekha.  NO WAY!!!!!! I could have even tolerated Alia Bhat in her place ( there are so many jokes about her circulated on WhatsApp.)

And as I said earlier, I did not in the least like Fawad's extra slim, bearded face here.  He looks so old - all those romantic (Zaroon looks ??πŸ˜‰, ahhh for that matter any other onscreen looks prior to this movie) features are replaced by the drab looks because of extra dieting.  Wonder why reporters (and other female fans) still find him worth drooling over.

Welll, welll enough of my Fawad Puraan. 
.Neela. thumbnail
Anyone interested in getting admitted to Harvard?????

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/09/24/i-told-harvard-i-was-an-undocumented-immigrant-they-gave-me-a-full-scholarship/?hpid=z4

Very easy - go to Mexico, cross the border and apply to Harvard πŸ˜‰.  While it is definitely encouraging for kids like the one in the article, the current Obama administration enthusiasm to help immigrants crossing the border illegally is going to be a over taxation for taxpayers in the future πŸ˜”.

-Zoey- thumbnail
@Deepa,
Indian ppl do such things,Niyam modne wagaire and everyone knows that some idiot will do such thing anytime but what about the forest authorities?What the security guards were doing?My God! they got full 15 minutes to react but they didn't try to do anything.Also it was their duty to make sure no one go near to that wall and guards are called 'guards' for said reason,No?

Not only in zoo but also in any govt. deptt,they are not prepared for any emergency situation.Because like Western countries no mock drills happens in India to train ppl for any such incident.

Guess what if they do? Sometime back it was in news that when fire deptt office did such mock drill, when they tried to save a woman they failed in it and result was loss of her life.

Neela, to be truthful, I too scared of such stray dogs.When I go for morning walk,I change my way when I see 15-20 dogs somewhere in the route.Once,Me and my bro were chased by such dogs,It was so horrible exp!Really Govt. should do something reg this.Also reg. pigs.

Edited by zoey123 - 9 years ago
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pooriya

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.
I have avid interest in hindustani classical, marathi naatya-sangeet, and sugam sangeet and would like to take part in such discussions. 

Can you please tell me if there are any such discussion threads?

Sorry if I'm spamming here.
Thank you!

Hi, good to know you are interested in music. There are no specific threads to discuss these topics, but you may be aware of the various rec.music.indian.*** newsgroups that discusss such topics. 
A word of caution - these forums are frequently unmoderated and people with strong opinions tend to drive gentler posters away through their bullying tactics.
There are facebook groups of classical music lovers from different cities viz Pune and there are several YouTube channels dedicated to classical music or even a few individual artists. 
If you are interested in attending live concerts, there are groups (Sushrut, Gaanwardhan, Surel 
Sabha, Madhukauns etc in Pune) that organize such concerts periodically.

So it will help if you tell us where you are - India/ US/ elsewhere and we can go from there.
rupali.patil80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: deepa911

Unfortunately Niyam he modanyasathis astat hi aaplya deshwasiyanchi manasikta aahe πŸ˜‘

The more insensitive part of this incidence is somebody made video shoot of it and circulated the video on social apps. 

not somebody, myself saw 3 different videos, so imagine, so many people were there and just standing and watching the tamasha.
Now news are saying, that youth who was killed was mentally imbalanced then why he was not accompanied with his family / friends. Or in reality he was so engrossed with his mobile shooting that he didn't even realize that he may enter into the animal's territory.
About security systems, do you think that if any of the guard could have save that man? These guards are not proper trained and not even will equipped, so no points keeping any hopes from them.
Ekunach kay...Aapali kalaji aapan swatha ghyayachi...