Fanfiction:*^*Flying without Wings*^* Akya UPDATED PAGE 8

Brokengirl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
FLYING WITHOUT WINGS
Author's Note
Hi Everyone, I know it's been so long since my first post but these things take time. I hope you like the second part just as much. Looking forward to hearing from you.

For easy Reading I've updated it on the first page as well.

Thanks againπŸ˜ƒ

Hi Everyone, this is my first attempt at this sort of thing. Forgive any errors. Constructive criticism welcomed. Thanks in Advance.πŸ˜ƒ

Flying without wings Part 1

Chapter one

Today Being Sunday just happened to be Anaya's day off. She was really looking forward to some me time. And also spending time with her sister. She was reflecting on all the flights she had flown this past week and each day bringing a new experience. She really loved flying with Captain Saluja now, he always had good humor which kept her happy considering how their first encounters had gone. She remembered the dream of him where he had looked so menacing. He really was a sweetheart, but she'll never tell him that she thought with a smile.
ohh didi!! dii? where are lost? in whose thoughts, ohh let me guess it's Captain Akash right?
Ananya pretended to hit her sister and she started laughing and said who? him? not all why would I be thinking of him?

oh didi I want to see him, please do tell me what he looks like.. or better yet take a picture of him.
Or maybe we can look for him online..
I'm going check for him, she typed in Akash SALUJA BUT NONE OF THE SERACHES turned up anything. hmm that's strange,
Ananya?, I can't find anything on him. He probably uses another name Di said Ananya, anyways leave it.
Today is our day just the two of us, I want to have some good memories. Who knows you'll be in London soon.

''Let's get dressed we'll leave in 20 minutes'' said Ananya
Ananya and her sister got into the car and Ananya asked '' So where do you want to go?''
''Lets go get some ice cream first'' her sister said excitedly.
Akash had just got off the phone with the airport where they had just informed him , he would be flying to London in 2 days, along with Ananya. I hope everything  goes smoothly, every trip with her is surely full of extraordinary events he thought with a smile.

He looked into his kitchen and noticed his stocks were running low. ''Looks like I have to go shopping'' ''Maybe mom's right, I should get married'' he laughed out loud where did that thought come from .

I'm Captain Akash Saluja, man on a mission I'm also an Intelligence officer, I don't have time for all that. If or when I do decide to marry, I don't expect her to be at my beck and call, I would love that she would be having her own life. I'm independent enough to take care of things myself. I just want a companion to love, understand and accept me for who I am.

With that thought finished, he grabbed his wallet and keys from the side table by the door and proceeded to lock the door on his way out. He bided a good day to the females passing his way who were blushing as he smiled at them.
''I've really got to stop doing that'' he thought out loud as he got into his car and started the engine as he pulled out of the drive way and onto the main road, the traffic wasn't all that bad today and the weather was lovely.

Ananya and her sister got to the ice cream parlor and Ananya was finding it hard to choose what she wanted.
''Di I'm not sure what to buy''
''How about the vanilla, strawberry and butterscotch'' a familiar voice chimed in suddenly.
That voice sounded oddly like Captain Akash, which was confirmed as she turned to look at him. Surprised she asked ''What are you doing here Captain?''
''What do people do at an ice cream parlor First officer?'' he said smartly with that dashing smile of his.
''Oh I'm sorry, I just wasn't expecting to see you here'' ''Does that mean you were thinking of me First Officer''
''Don't be silly'' They laughed together when they were interrupted by Ananya's sister who asked ''Aren't you going to introduce me dii?
''O I'm sorry This is Captain Akash Saluja Di'' ''Captain Akash this is my younger sister.''
''So this is Captain Akash Saluja!'' '' Nice to meet you'' said Akash as he extended his right hand for a handshake which was exchanged quite happily.
''Di, talks about you quite often Captain''

''Oh really? does she now? I hope good things..right first officer?'' he asked her questioningly Ananya just smiled and averted his questioning gaze.
''So are you ready to order guys?'' asked Ananya's sister
''Well I've already decided what I want, 'What about you Ananya, I mean first officer?''
''I'm not sure'' '' okay would you mind if I give the order for you?''
''no not at all'' '' okay!''

Akash give the orders for him and Ananya, and her sister gave hers, Akash then paid the entire bill to a loud protest from Ananya but she eventually gave up.
''You'll pay next time first officer'' said Akash
''Do you ladies mind if I join you? It's rather too awkward to be seen having my ice-cream all alone.''
''No, we would love it if you join us, you can give us your perspective on flying, I've only been hearing it from dii's point of view.'' said Ananya's sister
The three of them then went outside into the gardens which had chairs under these beautiful coloured tents that overlooked a pond that had ducks swimming by. It was quite peaceful and serene.

They sat and chatted, the conversation consisted mostly of Akash and Ananya's sister, with Ananya piping in every now and again.
Ananya's sister suddenly  got a call from her friend.
''D, I'm sorry but you'll have to forgive me, my friends just called they're going to see that film that I've been talking of all week and we're going for a drive afterwards, please let me go dii?''
''Okay, alright you may go, stop looking at me with those puppy dog eyes.'' said Ananya a bit sadly, her sister then requested her car keys which she gave up.

''I'll take a cab back home'' ''ok dii see you later'' and with that she left.
''Going home already?'' asked Akash quietly
''Well I was planning to spend the entire day with my sister but I Don't want to see her unhappy''
''That's really sweet of you to just let her go like that, I would probably do the same.'' ''So today is your only day off for the rest of the week right?''
''Yes'' ''Have you been informed of where you'll be flying this week?''
''Isn't it the usual, domestic flights around India?''

''I guess you haven't been informed yet anyways I won't spoil the surprise but you should probably be getting the call soon''
''Okay..is it some problem, anything serious?'' asked Ananya
''No, it's a brilliant piece of news actually''
Just as he finished, Ananya's mobile phone started ringing
''You should probably get that, it must be from the airlines'' interjected Akash.

Ananya answered her phone and her face soon erupted in an enormous smile, she ended the phone call very happy and exclaimed to Akash rather loudly ''I'm flying to London!''
''Correction, we're flying to London first officer Ananya Rawat'' said Akash matching her smile quite reverently.
''The layover is expected to be 4 days, so you can have a small holiday'' continued Akash
''That's awesome isn't it?'' said Ananya.
''Yes It certainly is, it's also Inde Airs Inaugural flight to London as its destination. We'll be flying with Captain Verma and another first Officer since it's a long haul flight.''

''So how has your working experience with the airlines been so far?''  asked Akash
''Well it was a bit unsettling at first, I'm sure you remember how my first flight went''
''Sure do, but that's all ancient history now, we have since moved on from that'' added Akash
''I'm actually happy, sure there are some issues at times but that's life isn't it?'' finished Ananya at last.

''So is there anywhere I can drop you?'' asked Akash
''Well I have to go do some shopping for the trip ahead''
''Don't buy too much, else you won't have space for your shopping in Europe''
''Europe?'' questioned Ananya
''Well seeing that we're going to be in London for 4 days, why not take a trip to Paris, France?''
''It's just a short train ride from London. So what do you say, it'll be fun'' said Akash

''Well I'll decide when that time comes'' said Ananya She and Akash got up to leave.
''Well let's get going, I'll take you wherever you want to go, you can say I'm your own personal chauffeur for the day madam'',  he said bowing his head in mock salute and laughing out loud as looked at her.
Akash opened the car door for Ananya as she got in and he drove them to the city centre where they both went their separate ways but Akash said he will drop her home after 2 hours.
Akash promptly arrived to pick her up when she asked him ''Are you always on time?''
''I always try'' Hearing this she just smiled as he helped her with her bags. They drove mostly in silence before Ananya pointed out where her house was.

''Well I guess I'll see you on Wednesday then, First Officer Rawat'' as she got out , he walked her to her door.
''Yes, Goodbye then'' she said to which he replied ''have a good day'' and then left , she smiled at his retreating back as he got into his car made one final wave and drove off into the sunset.
Why have I been smiling so much all day, she asked herself as she got into her home. No was home at the time which she was glad for. Since she didn't want anyone questioning her about Akash.
Ananya spent the evening preparing dinner for her family and spent a relaxing evening with them when she shared her news about flying to London. Everyone was excited but few looked less than disappointed but didn't say much. Her sister was over the moon with joy and looked forward to hearing about the trip when she returns.

Ananya slept peacefully as she thought about the upcoming trip. She was so excited.
Her flight to London would be departing Delhi Wednesday Evening, which gave her more than enough time to be ready and settled. Akash called her on Wednesday morning and informed her about the pre-flight briefing before takeoff that was pushed forward by one hour. And enquired if she wanted a drop to the airport since he would be passing her way to which she gracefully denied thinking she was spending too time with him already.

It was no lie that she was beginning to like him a bit more than she should. But she tried to convince herself he's just one of her colleagues.
''I can't let this get in the way of my job, stay focused Ananya'' she chided herself. ''Besides Natasha is like a kitten all over him quite irritating thing she is, I sincerely hope that she's not working this flight.'' she thought to herself.
Ananya bid farewell to her family as the airlines bus arrived to pick her up. She greeted the crew, everyone was happy for the trip abroad, it wasn't often they got such an opportunity.

As the bus pulled up at the terminal entrance, Ananya beamed with happiness her face was absolutely glowing with joy. She loved flying and airports brought a feeling that adventure awaited as soon you get onto a plane.

She met up with Akash and the others, the meeting went by quickly and everyone left for an early coffee break. Ananya spent most of time chatting with Captain Verma who was well and had returned to work recently. But she didn't notice Akash glancing at her every now and again, she eventually caught him and flashed a smile which he returned and walked over leaving the other first officer alone.

''Everything Alright Akash?'' questioned captain Verma '' Yes Chief'' ''I was just confirming with First officer Rawat here that she'll be flying with me for the second half of the flight.''
Ananya nodded in the affirmative as Akash picked up his hand piece and walked out to catch the plane.

Everyone got up to leave, Ananya caught up with Akash who was conversing with Natasha who looked extremely disappointed, Akash looked like he was preparing to run from there.
He saw Ananya and quickly told Natasha'' Sorry Natasha, there's nothing I can do for you, it's all been confirmed perhaps next time but I've got to run now''
''Come First officer, we have to go'' he said hurriedly grabbing her free hand and walked very fast away from Natasha who if looks could kill looked positively murderous.

Once out of Natasha's view he let go of her hand and muttered a quick apology. He then excused himself and went somewhere else informing her he'll see her in the cockpit. Ananya was curious to his sketchy behaviour at times but didn't give it much thought after that.
Akash meets up with an unknown fellow having a drink at the bar who said to no one in particular,
''Be careful on this trip, I've got intelligence that we've got suspects hiding out in London, whatever you do don't draw suspicion to yourself, these people have to be caught''

''You know where to go if you need help, and he handed Akash a small white box adding '' it has everything you need'' and drank his beverage as Akash answered in the affirmative ''YES SIR''.
For some strange reason, Akash was not having a good feeling concerning this trip but somehow Ananya kept passing through his mind whenever he thought so.
''Forewarned is forearmed'' marked on the box quite faintly. he hastily placed the package in his bag as he proceeded to board the flight.
By the time Akash arrived onboard it was 5 minutes before takeoff, he took his seat in the crew's cabin beside Ananya who was distracted by some paper and having another coffee.
''Planning on being up all night First Officer''

''What?'' she said looking up quizzically before realizing who was talking to her ''oh no, it's just tea not coffee Captain Akash''
Final announcements were made and all preparations for takeoff had been done as the plane started taxing along the runway.
''Well have a good one'' he said as the flight was airborne and the seatbelt sign came off suggesting it was safe to take them off.
''If you don't mind, wake me up when we're ready to take over, don't worry about my dinner I already ate I'll have something later and with that he closed his eyes and reclined  leaving Ananya in Silence. who just merely nodded as if commanded.
He really behaves like an officer of some kind at times, then all Charming when he wants to be..who does he think he is the Indian James Bond?'' she thought being a bit annoyed at his abrupt dismissal.

She watched his face as he slept his chest rising and falling, his face did have a look of worry when she saw him arrive on board, ''whatever it is that's bothering him I hope he gets it all sorted out soon'' she thought and dozed off herself.
Little did she know of the impending events that lay ahead of them on this trip. Ananya had a pleasant dream this time around, she dreamt of her and Akash dancing and awoke feeling a bit awkward as she looked over at Akash. Who was still soundly asleep, at the same time dinner had been brought for the pilots.
Pooja the airhostess handed Ananya her tray and proceeded to Wake Akash when Ananya stopped her suddenly ''leave him! don't wake him, he said not to. You can serve him it later when he awakes''.
Dinner went by quietly and Ananya started to chew on her chocolate biscuits rather too loudly because Akash suddenly scolded her ''what's the tornado'' he  looked over at her with a plain look on his face.
''I'm sorry'' she said quietly he said nothing in response as he got up and went to the washroom to freshen up. She watched at him with silent disgust but straightened herself and pretended as if nothing had happened as she went back to reading her novel.

When he came back  Captain Verma had just informed her that they would be taking reins in the next hour. She informed him of this he just said ''I already know that, but thanks for the reminder''
He then moved to front of the cockpit and relieved the other first officer who was more than happy to get some rest.
The two Captains Verma and Saluja had a great conversation where Akash asked for some much need advice,
Well Akash being rude to her is not the way, you will hurt your working relationship, you'll just have to learn to keep a cap on your emotions if that's how you want it.
''She's a wonderful girl''
''I know that chief, that's why I don't want her to get hurt by me or because of me''.
''Well first things are always first, you must apologise for your recent lack of good behaviour towards her before things get worse. She needs to be able to trust you as long as where work is concerned''.
''I hope understand well what I'm trying to convey to you''. ''Yes chief''
''Well Akash time to take over, I'll take your leave now and remember what I said''

Akash nodded as Captain Verma Left.
Akash got in the senior Pilot's seat as Ananya arrived
''Good to see you First officer'' said Akash ''Same here'' she said in return as she went back to reading her novel since the aircraft was in autopilot anyways.
It was Akash's turn now to endure the silence, but he wasn't having any of it he finally decided.
''I'm sorry for being Rude to you earlier, I shouldn't have spoken to you like that ''
''It is fine, you're forgiven''. ''No further explanation required'' she added with a small smile as looked up at Akash and ordered a cup of coffee from Pooja, Akash also did the same and requested a snack .

The plane landed in London very smoothly by Akash and her just as the sun was rising over London. I t was a glorious sight to behold as Akash did the welcome announcements.
The pilots and crew were no doubt very tired and hastily cleared immigration as they boarded the bus for their hotel. Everyone bid goodbye to each other as they entered their rooms with no further plan to meet until they were ready to for the return journey.

Akash and Ananya's room were on the same floor and right across from each other so there was very little chance of them not running into each other.
The both got to their separate rooms and said see you later. But Akash asked ''see you at 3pm?''
Not wanting to wander about in an unknown city all alone she said ''yes'' and with that both closed their doors and went to sleep.

Sunshine was a bit faint as Ananya got up, it was October, the season being autumn which was beautiful. The clock on the dressing table read 2:30pm, she quickly showered and got dressed in a casual jeans and floral blouse with her jacket ready. The doorbell rang at exactly 3:00 pm and she opened it to find Akash patiently waiting for her. They greeted each other and she picked up her handbag and locked her room as they proceeded out of the hotel for a bit of an afternoon stroll.  

Chapter two

As they walked down the hotel's corridor towards the elevator, neither said a word to the other. The silence was broken when Ananya's shoe got caught in some lose threads on the carpet. Akash was quick to hold onto her before she fell.

She looked a bit out of it.

''Are you feeling fine Ananya?'' Akash asked very concerned

''I'm not so sure, I feel a bit tired and somewhat light headed''.

Akash laughed as Ananya asked ''Is it so funny?''

''My dear you've got the classic case of jet-lag, it happened because your body is yet to get accustomed to the change in time differences''.

''But don't worry; I've got just the trick to help you relax''

''Are you sure it will work?''

''Obviously, this is my 8th Visit here; it doesn't bother me at all''

''So what do you recommend?''

''Coffee for now! How about having a mocha latte?''

As they entered the lobby Akash excused himself to the front desk where the clerk informed him that his rental car was ready and waiting, he collected the keys, signed some papers and was off to rejoin Ananya who was admiring the lovely gold fountain waterfall.

''Captain...''

''You can call me Akash; we're off duty no need for the formal address''

''Also I hope you don't mind me calling you Ananya either, don't worry I'll call you first officer on the right occasions he added with a smile.

''It's alright''

They got outside to the waiting car much to Ananya's surprise.

''You're driving!!?''

''No need to so alarmed, I can drive...''

''I know, but how are you going to know the routes?''

''GPS, SAT navigation''

''Oh yes, I'm sorry''

''Shall we''? He said beckoning towards her as he opened her door. She got in and fastened her seatbelt as he closed her door. He then made his way to the driver's side.

He put the keys into ignition and started the car, driving onto the main highway out of the city it was beautiful the autumn colours being of different colours.

''So where are we headed'', she asked

''You'll see'' ''By the way Ananya what do you prefer vegetarian or non-vegetarian?''

''Non vegetarian is fine'' she replied

The drive around London city was very scenic, Ananya didn't know if she had enough time to see it all. The history and quaintness of the place had a sense of magic. The cobbled stoned streets with the cute little shops inspired fairy tales. She was making a mental visit of all the places she wanted to go into when they went walking tomorrow.

She had some wonderful brochures which she had picked up from the tourist table at the hotel. There was quite a lot to see and do. The ones about the country side were really getting to her. She happened to love being outdoors. The one on the English Riviera seemed to be calling her name but she doubted whether they had that much time to go exploring. Perhaps on another visit she thought.

There is Lots to eat as well according to the brochures. Akash seemed to be a big foodie. He spent a great deal of time telling her about his favourite choices.  She wondered where he was taking her.

Akash really knew his way around; it was very nice of him to take her along. She thought to thank him. Ananya was soon interrupted out of her thoughts by Akash

''Enjoying the ride?''

''Yes it's quite lovely, I must thank you for taking me along with you'', answered Ananya with excitement.

''Don't mention it, besides no fun exploring all alone and I thought you would like to.''

''I love it!'' She exclaimed with a look of pure joy on her face

He saw her looking at the brochures and asked

''Found anywhere you want to go?''

''I wish I could go everywhere'', she answered with a smile.

They both laughed

Well for today there won't be much as we started out a bit late but don't worry I'll walk you out so much tomorrow you'll fall asleep by the time we get back. so be ready early tomorrow morning okay?

''Yes Sir'' she mockingly saluted him

As they both laughed

Akash pulled up at this lovely little cottage, it looked like one of those you usually see on Christmas cards. You would think it was an abandoned cottage if it wasn't for the twinkling lights and the bustle of activity going on inside. Ananya felt as if she had gone back in time.

Ananya took her time to get out; she was looking for her camera frantically hoping she hadn't forgotten it. She eventually found it as Akash enquired if she was alright.

''I'm okay; I was just looking for my camera to take some pictures. My sister Shaifu specifically told me not to forget 'she said

Akash extended towards her to link arms as they walked up the driveway. She found him very hilarious but went along with it.

It was huge inside; never take outward appearance for granted thought Ananya

It was very cosy and warm inside more like a home than a restaurant

She was already in love with the tempting cakes and pastries and was spoilt for choice. She looked like a child in a candy shop thought Akash he was waiting for her to choose what she wanted.

It was tea time and the place had quite a few patrons but not overcrowded.

Akash ordered one of each of things she liked and said they would share.

He ordered hot chocolate for both them. But before he could pay Ananya said ''let me''

''You did say next time Akash''

''Ohh Yes I did''

They got a table at the back away from most of the others and for the first time Ananya wasn't sure what they would talk about. It felt like a date, not that she ever went on one of those, mostly out with friends.

Akash seemed to pick up on her thoughts

''Don't worry it's not a date!''

''Really? So what does constitute as a first date for you Captain?''

''Candle light outdoors, dinner and dancing under the stars.''

Wow!!, you're fast wooer, ever heard of taking it slow?''

''Slow isn't for me Ananya, if I see something I want I try to get it, in the most humane way possible'' he laughed as he finished

''But love is serious business for me, I won't take it lightly.''

What about you First officer?

''I though no formalities''

He laughed ''you did call me captain a minute ago''

Yes!''

Well what can I say, conservative family but they'll let me choose who I marry. Guess I haven't found the right guy as yet''.

Or probably he's right in front you''

Righttt... ''she said taking a sip of her hot chocolate to avoid his stare, those eyes made her thoughts muddled at times.

''These are really good'' she said as she ate her blueberry muffin

Hey! You're having the whole thing I thought we were sharing'', he said with a pout on his face which made Ananya almost choke on laughter,

''We can get another or here'', she said offering him the half bitten muffin which he took without hesitation.

''So any decision yet on the Paris trip?'' he asked her while having a piece of cake.

''I'm not sure''

''What about the logistics?''

''Not much, we can go there and be back in a day''

Your choice of train or I can drive''

I think the train would be better

So that's a yes, I take it? He said looking at her intently

''Yes''

''Who knows you might find your prince charming, it is after all the city of love'', said Akash

''So it's settled then day after tomorrow!''

''The time is just passing by so quickly''

''Time tends to pass by very fast when you're having fun'' he replied

''Although I consider Italy to be more romantic, you've got to visit Venice and Florence it's just beautiful but the whole world is. Traveling the canals on the gondolas is a great experience. I've always wanted to travel, trekking through South America is on my bucket list.'' said Akash as an afterthought

''Sounds like you fly a lot to those places.'' asked Ananya

Not with inde airs''

''I travel on my own or with friends and family, there are all personal visits. I go during my time off and holidays. Usually I'm off for a month at a time.'' he said feeling like he said too much

''That's really great, one day I hope I can do the same.''

You're a really great traveling companion'' she said

''Well you've already started, and thanks said Akash with a slight blush creeping up in his cheeks

They chatted for an hour more before getting up to leave. The conversation consisted of where they grew up, schools they attended, hobbies and other interests.

It was 6:00 pm when they left.

He opened all the doors for her, which Ananya thought funny. She wasn't used to having her doors opened.

After getting into the car, Akash took her on another long drive, the city looked so much better at night with all the different lights. He took her to the big giant wheel thing the London eye. They saw the whole of London city from there. They went a couple of the other major tourist sites including Trafalgar square and Piccadilly station. 

''So how are you feeling now? The jetlag?'' he enquired to her

''Much better now thanks, I don't feel any way now''

They had dinner at a restaurant and went walking around Hyde Park. Ananya was having a wonderful time but she didn't want these times to end.

She was so much fun to be around, Akash loved being in her company. I'm going to miss her when my investigation gets over and I have to leave, he thought a bit forlornly  

It was late by the time they got back to the hotel. Both were yawning as they walked together their shoulders bumping into each other every now and again. Many times they were mistaken for a couple

''What a lovely couple'' was heard several times during their outing. Both looked a bit uncomfortable by it but didn't say anything and just smiled.

They had stopped talking and the ride up the elevator was mostly in Silence even small talk wasn't working. It was as if there was some unresolved tension in the air.

Ananya couldn't wait to get into her room; the walk down the corridor seemed so long. She just needed time away from Akash. And she was regretting agreeing to go to Paris with him but couldn't back out now.

They each bided each other a good night and made plans to meet together at 7:00am for breakfast.

After she got into her room, she just sat in her chair feeling lonely after spending a great evening with Akash. She was reflecting on the afternoon's events before getting up to get ready for bed. Tiredness soon took over as she headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. She quickly brushed her teeth and removed her makeup before changing into her pajamas. She then remembered the book she had bought the morning at the book store in the duty free concessions at the airport. It was called 'The Talisman' by Lynda La Plante.

She was reading for 5 minutes when she heard the phone ring.

Who could be calling at this untimely hour it was 11:30 pm she thought as she glanced at the clock on the wall.

She hesitated to pick up the phone but did so anyway. It could be important she thought.

Hello?'

''Thought you had slept already, she heard Akash on the other side.

She felt pleasantly irritated at his response and laughed

''What do I owe the pleasure to Akash?

Oh I don't know. I'm tired but sleep isn't coming might have to pop a sleeping pill.'

How about you?'

A glass of milk does the trick'

I'm not 4 Ananya.'

So...I drink it why can't you?'

Okay I'll see well good night then.'

And that ended the very short phone call.

Ananya was out cold before she hit the pillows ...she snuggled up for warmth.

Akash was up for a bit more time. He was making a few transatlantic phone calls concerning his current mission. He was yet to get in touch with the two agents stationed in London. The package he had received had to be given to them. The box was unopened; Akash was curious to know its contents but decided against it. He didn't want to break protocols. He was in enough trouble as it was already. He now had a personal mission to catch the perpetrators who killed Mahima. He couldn't quite believe that had happened right under his nose. He felt disappointed that Mahima didn't feel well enough to trust him to divulge whatever it was that was bothering her.

Coming to London was anything but lying low. But he needed to get away for a bit. He was hoping for a breakthrough in the case. He didn't know why he was getting himself involved with Ananya but he enjoyed her company. She too needed to unwind. Ever since she began working, she was doing so without a break.

Morning was hazy as both had overslept. Akash was first to get up and made a mad scramble for the bathroom after he saw the clock.

There was no time for a long bath as he usually liked to dabble in whenever he was on holiday. He made a special effort to shave today his stubble had grown too much. He wanted to impress Ananya not that she complained much. H got dressed in black dress pants with a white long sleeved shirt and had a black jacket on hand if it got colder. He checked his wallet and picked up the keys.

He was dreading facing Ananya. He was picturing her already dressed tapping her fingers away impatiently at him.

He walked across to her door and rapped 3 times. There was no response. Akash was wondering whether she had already left. But she wouldn't leave without him. Ananya wasn't that sort of girl. He rang the doorbell again. He heard something fell loudly and broke like a flower vase. The door opened to reveal Ananya in her pajamas her eyes still full of sleep. She looked at him groggily.

Akash looked at her with eyes wide open. She just left the door open and went back to bed. This made him laugh as he got in and closed the door behind him. Today was going to be fun he laughed more as he called up room service for breakfast. It was probably time for brunch anyway.

After 5 minutes had elapsed Ananya now fully awake and aware of her surroundings was feeling slightly ashamed. She couldn't do much now but walked to her bathroom she came back soon after to gather her clothes. It was a quick selection of black leggings and a long blue blouse with a wide gold belt and booties.

Akash had taken the kind liberty of calling housekeeping as well to clean the broken vase and dirt that was spilled across the floor.

She did her makeup quickly in the bathroom.

Breakfast had arrived by the time she stepped out of the bathroom all ready. Akash was buttering toast and pouring the tea. Ananya muttered thanks to the housekeeper and tipped her before saying sorry to Akash for getting up so late but he shrugged off her apology as he handed her a cup of tea.

''No need to apologise Ananya, this will be our little secret alright''

''So we need to discuss today's itinerary before we leave.'' said Akash before taking a bite of his strawberry muffin.

''Thanks Akash for everything you've done for me today'' I have no idea how I slept so much. There was something smelling funny when I got in last night. Akash was suddenly very suspicious and got up to investigate around. He found a canister of sleeping gas under the foot of her bed but hid it quickly. He didn't want to alarm her but figured something was definitely wrong.

''Did you notice anything else?''

''Well my bag was on the bed, I remember leaving it in the closet but it's probably just my imagination.''

''Akash was suddenly very alarmed but didn't show it. He knew they had managed to track him down but why did they target Ananya. He certainly didn't want this to happen. He had to change location, without her suspecting anything. It was getting dangerous for both of them.

He excused himself. He had to make a few calls. She said okay. He told her to call him if anything seemed strange. He'll be back in half hour.

He dialed a number;

Hey Arun'','' hey buddy nice to hear from you. I tracked you down yesterday. Staying at the regency right?''

Yes, but I've got a serious problem. It's big. ''

The warthog has tracked me down''...Warthog was code for the enemy.

Ok tell me what happened.'' questioned Arun

Akash explained everything including what happened to Ananya.

''Buddy you got real trouble there, you've gotten a civilian involved. You've jeopardized her safety by fraternizing with her. But you're both in deep now. You can't just ditch her. They obviously presume she means much to you. ''

Bottom line Akash get off radar immediately.''

''I don't know how you're going to explain things to your woman but that's your problem. I'll gather some info and meet you at ham's inn at 4:00... .'' ''That's ham and cheese country inn in North Yorkshire, you'll have to take a train''

By the way what weapons do you have?''

The usual 38 caliber revolver''

Lie low Akash, really low''

Over and out!'

Akash hung up and began thinking

My woman? Since when ...goodness these guys have some really strange terminology sometimes...

But he decided the less Ananya knew the better. He would see to carry on things as normal as he possibly could. He knew very little of how this could come back and bite him. He was ignoring Arun's suggestion completely.  He had to find an excuse to tell Ananya or it's probably better if she went with him since they were already targeting her.

Akash looked with quiet indignance as the photos of the suspects were sent to his phone. He had asked Arun to forward them to him. Arun was staying in North Yorkshire at the moment. It was a quiet little place to avoid the usual hustle and bustle. But mostly it was to avoid being tracked down. Akash was using his special phone for those top secret phone calls.

The plan was that they would both go to North Yorkshire. Akash would meet Arun quickly before him and Ananya went off together.

He got back to Ananya's room to see her reading her novel.

''You ready?''

She looked at him '' yes let's go''

Together they headed out into the bright yet somewhat hazy sunshine.

Edited by Brokengirl - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

XxJasreenxX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow amazing lost for words this is really interesting. Update soon.
Brokengirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: XxJasreenxX

Wow amazing lost for words this is really interesting. Update soon.

Thank you so much for your encouragement.  πŸ˜›First response has made me so happy :) Thank once again. I'm working on the next update, should be soon though, I noticed a few typo's which I Have to correct.😊
Brokengirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: LightingHope

Very good! Keep going :)

Thank you very much for your kind wordsπŸ˜› I'll update soon enough πŸ˜ƒ
XxJasreenxX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brokengirl

Thank you so much for your encouragement. πŸ˜›First response has made me so happy :) Thank once again. I'm working on the next update, should be soon though, I noticed a few typo's which I Have to correct.😊

You are most welcome. I'm glad my comment made you happy and encouraged you. Many more comments like this to come from my behalf. So please carry on writing. πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌEdited by XxJasreenxX - 9 years ago
usaonly thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful story please continue.😊
rev4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Firstly, I love the title... Loved how the Ananya was thinking abt Akash... Looking forward for their little journey in Europe
khadupam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Lovely lovely love lovely
My god London
Amazing idea
Continue soon
AnkitaKaran thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
waw yaar awesome
..waiting for the next part

Brokengirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: rev4eva

Firstly, I love the title... Loved how the Ananya was thinking abt Akash... Looking forward for their little journey in Europe

Thank you so much, the title was a bit of the spur of the moment thinking as I struggled to find an appropriate one. It will feature in the story along the way. But my next update will be delayed as I've got a death in the family happened only this evening.

Thanks again πŸ˜Š