My Box Office Predictions for Daawat-e-Ishq

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Aditya Roy Kapur wasn't off to a great start for his career initially. After all, how far can you get by playing second fiddle to huge stars like Akshay Kumar (ACTION REPLAY) and Hritikh Roshan (GUZAARISH)?
His career took a huge turnaround last year with the super-success of AASHIQUI 2. The film was a Blockbuster, and the songs of the film are hummed even today by many. He then followed it up with an even bigger Blockbuster with YEH JAWAANI HAI DEEWANI. Of course, this was  Ranbir Kapoor's film, but there is no denying that Aditya Roy Kapur had an important role in the film. 

Almost a year and a half later, he is back on the big screen! Along with him is Parineeti Chopra, who has been having a successful run at the box office. The director is Habib Faisal, who directed big hit ISHAQZAADE and the much-appreciated DO DOONI CHAAR. Produced by Yash Raj Films, DAAWAT-E-ISHQ also stars Anupam Kher. With all of these elements on hand, on paper, this film would seem like a box office success!

But, things have not been good for the film. The film has not been generating good buzz. Aditya Roy Kapur's look in the film has been criticized. Parineeti Chopra has been receiving criticism for playing the same type of role yet again. Also, the film looks like it doesn't have much new to offer, as it looks like yet another desi YRF rom-com on the lines of films like BAND BAAJA BARAAT, ISHAQZAADE, SHUDD DESI ROMANCE, etc.

What does work in the film's favor is that the songs of the film have received appreciation. However, this won't be enough to save the film's sorry box office fate.

DAAWAT-E-ISHQ will have a decent opening day collection, but not a very good first day collection due to lack of buzz. However, it may have a better opening day collection than the other notable release this week (KHOOBSOORAT) as DAAWAT-E-ISHQ is likely to have more screens (as per some reports). YRF has power as Bollywood's biggest film production company, so it is likely that DEI will have more screens. Aditya Roy Kapur being fresh off of his two Blockbusters last year (most would remember his work from AASHIQUI 2 more as he had the lead role in that film), Parineeti Chopra's presence, and the hit songs will ensure that at least some audience will come to see the film. Opening will be decent at both mass centres and class centres. The film has massy songs and massy vibe for the masses and it has the leading actors and rom-com genre that would appeal more to the multiplex audience, hence a decent opening for the film at both mass centres and class centres. The film's opening will be best in places like Hyderabad and Lucknow (the leading characters in the film are from these areas). Areas like Punjab will see the film have a weak opening. DAAWAT-E-ISHQ may get a similar opening day collection as another YRF rom-com SHUDD DESI ROMANCE which also had Parineeti Chopra in it.

The Word of Mouth of DAAWAT-E-ISHQ probably won't be so bad, and audience in smaller centres in particular may even like the film. But it won't help the film's collections much as the film has a general lack of buzz with not many being excited about seeing the film. City audience may dislike the film and spread Negative WOM. 

My Box Office Predictions for DAAWAT-E-ISHQ:
Opening Day: 6 crores
Opening Weekend: 20 crores
Lifetime Collections: 30+ crores
Overall Box Office Verdict: Below Average

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bollywood_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't know why..but my conscience tells me this film will surprise and be a hit or something.
joyce_k thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Don't understand the issue with Adi's look, his look is different, not the usaul chocolaty boy look, bcoz that's how boys in that area look, they apply surma and are usually bearded. Usual = Boring!!! I think he looks hot!!! And I am glad he is trying diferent stuff 😊 I am keen to watch him speak Lucknowi. Edited by joyce_k - 9 years ago
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I was very negative ab the film when I saw the initial promos bt the last promos where they showed more of pari and anupum it seems like it might be a good so I initially would have said that it would have done around the same amt as u predicted bt I think it might surprise us or it might do worse than that. All the songs suck from the movie though.
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I have faith in Habib Faisal. It is going to be a sleeper hit.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

<font color="#006666">I have faith in Habib Faisal. It is going to be a sleeper hit.</font>

I've faith in him too. His writing n direction both. I'm rooting for dei to succeed. It gives me the "good film" vibe.And they promoted it really well via foodyatra whicg all adi fans must see 😉 so dreamy he looked! !!
manjery thumbnail
i dont no but i am feeling that this movie will surprise everyone specially after seeing that song " jadoo tone waliyan" i liked the song the scenes in the song r intriguing 
pakeezah thumbnail
I say its a HIT!
Not BB, mind you..but hit. Definite hit.

will predict for Khoobsoorat another time. One
prediction takes too much out of me. Lol.
KuKKad_MalHOTra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
My prediction- opening day 4 crore
Lifetime- 25 crores.
These days films are doing lower business than usual and it has Khoobsurat to take away its share of business too.
sarasingh86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think movie is gone do well.