Why is TV and TV stars not respected as much...?

VivaEmptiness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I know we ridicule and look down on TV stars, but why? It can't just be that they make crappy shows. BW mostly makes trashy films yet the stars are worshipped. Look at the west, TV is respected, stars like Ian Somerhalder and Bryan Cranston have bigger fan following than some of Hw's biggest stars. The Emmy is as popular as the Oscars. So what do you think makes Indian TV shows and their stars unappealing? Why is KSG not as popular as Salman Khan? Doesn't TV have bigger audience than Movies? Almost everyone has a Tv but not everyone can afford to go to the movies, this especially applies to India.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I_M_SultaN thumbnail
actors like ronit and rajeev i like them they are good actors with good movie sense 
VivaEmptiness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaNeBhiPyarKiya

actors like ronit and rajeev i like them they are good actors with good movie sense

That doesn't answer my question 😛
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: VivaEmptiness

That doesn't answer my question 😛

hm ab har kyun ka jawab nhe hota viva madam ðŸ˜‰
ChanandlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Coz  they are #2RS people ! (just for fun)
I think TV actors arent that popular because TV actors are mostly identified only by their reel names while film actors are not ! Like everybody in India will identify a SRK /Salman but they'll identify the actors only by their  roles .

TBH , some of the TV stars are much talented than the BW babies .

I already see this thread growing into a trolling zone of TV stars . Good luck ! 
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Maybe due to the type of shows that are being made on TV. 

Well those want to act and BW is not an easy place to get in. So those tv stars have no choice to but act in TV shows. They should get the respect they deserve, those who are not surrounded in controversies. 

There is a major difference in Western tv and Indian tv, those in west are miles ahead in story telling on tv, even in the west they have fair share of trashy tv and its few. 
SIR.MEOWINGTON thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Coz of the content that is produced. 

Like how it is said in that Alia video,

One Hindi serial a day, makes your brain cells go away.

Edited by SIR.MEOWINGTON - 9 years ago
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
The types of shows made in India is the sole reason why TV stars are not that popular like BW celebs.
In most TV serials lead hero has nothing to do its all abt actress n they rona dhona.
Azor_Ahai thumbnail
May be because there isn't over dose of them and there is still some exclusivity as they don't come for more than 22 - 24 episodes in whole year at maximum unlike say Indian tv actors.
SIR.MEOWINGTON thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
But it was not always like that. There were really really good hindi serials.
However everything was flushed down the drain after the Saas Bahu ones took entry.

Some very good serials of the past:

Dekh Bhai Dekh
Filmi Chakkar
Gud Guddee
Sailaab
Malabar Hill
Shanti
Fauji
Circus

A lot more. Also really really good actors. 
Basically there was a lot more soul into it.