2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Mary Kom Drops On Monday
Tuesday 09 September 2014 10.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services

Mary Kom dropped badly on Monday as it recorded business in the 3.25-3.50 crore nett range taking its four day total to 30.50 crore nett. The film had trended well over the weekend but there was always a chance of drop as it was premium multiplexes carrying the film which drop of on Monaday and there were so many screenings. The film is showing a 55% drop from Monday.

The pick up in business in mass circuits should have helped as collections were low and it should have easily shown an under 50% drop from Friday in mass circuits but only CI managed to do this.

The film is heading for a first week of around 38-39 crore nett but will find it hard to hit the 50 crore nett mark for lifetime business. The film is fair in terms of costs as a lot of advertising was paid by brands involved in the film but it will not cover the prices paid for it be it the all India theatrical rights or the distributors who paid pretty high rates in various circuits.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Semi-Hit i guess since distributors won't be seeing profit. 
briahna thumbnail
if its in between a semi hit or average, its a flop ..mann like it or not. the movie was badly made, good story, great performance, but got screwed there. like i said a documentary with 10 to 15cr budget would have done wonders. 

chalo...NEXT!!!!!!!

Originally posted by: Scorpio_Velvet

Semi-Hit i guess since distributors won't be seeing profit. 

Aye chal, bahut knowledge ho gya tera. 
Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hmm... Wom is not very positive. 

That's how long Priyanka's nostrils could hold it.

Edited by NailClipper - 9 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
I think audiences can only take in one woman oriented film at a time. Since Mardaani was recently released and watched by many, enough to gain a hit status, looks like Mary Kom is out of luck. Have there been any woman oriented BW films released back to back that have worked at the BO? I can't think of any.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
The trailer itself gave me the feeling that the movie wont be as good as BMB. Seemed to lack drama. 
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

I think audiences can only take in one woman oriented film at a time. Since Mardaani was recently released and watched by many, enough to gain a hit status, looks like Mary Kom is out of luck. Have there been any woman oriented BW films released back to back that have worked at the BO? I can't think of any.

Dexi more than that i feel it is about quality

I have heard Mary Kom is a poorly made movie.

Even a SR just did average business as the quality was bad otherwise what was coming its way.

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
aww.. feeling bad for pc
she did her best ! but movie was bad.. i thot bmb is boring bt that was pretty gud infront of marykom..n most imp. there was no twists n drama in marykom life so dt a feature film should be made on it..i m still wondering y they choose story of mary kom..