Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nividances thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Nuritzur

Oh my god mayank now I know why rachna try to stop gunjan to marry him.

Thank you dear for you update. I woes need at after long busy week 

Thanks a lot dear! 😊
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: crtkelly

Good Stuff Nivi,

Interested to see what happens next. Update soon.

Thanks Kelly! 😊
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: ankitasidana

Res...

have not come across this story
will read and reply soon

No worries Ankita. Take your time to read it. Will be waiting for your comments 😊
nividances thumbnail
Finally have some time to work on the next update tonight. Let's see if I can have it posted in the next few hours 😊
crtkelly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nividances

Finally have some time to work on the next update tonight. Let's see if I can have it posted in the next few hours 😊

Looking forward to it Nivi😊
nividances thumbnail

I sit down thinking I'm going to write something but I always end up down a very different path, exactly like I did today. Anyways, hope that you enjoy this update. 😊

------------

Chapter 24:

"It...it wa...it was...Mayank."

Kabir tightened his hold around Rachna instinctively. He had so much running through his mind that he wanted to say out loud, but one look at Rachna's distressed expression made all his thoughts dissipate; all that mattered to him right now was his wife's safety, well-being, and complete recovery from this traumatic experience. Meanwhile, she braced herself and waited expectantly for his outburst that never came. Instead of hearing the flurry of words from his mouth, Rachna saw them pass over his face as a series of changing expressions: shock, confusion, disgust, anger, concern, and resolve. There was so much to be said, but neither took the initiative to break the thick silence that had settled into the room. Biological needs eventually overcame psychological stress, as they both fell asleep at some point into the long night.

Kabir awoke first the next morning and carefully shifted out of bed without disturbing a sleeping Rachna. He could see the residual streaks of tears from last night on her face, but he unwillingly walked away from her for fear that he would not be able to control his emotions if he watched her for a moment longer.

------------------

Rachna walked out of the bedroom later that morning, dressed simply in casual dark blue jeans and a flowing top with a peaceful flowery print.

"Kabir, can you drop me for my appointment?"

Kabir looked up from his laptop, where he had been finalizing some designs for his upcoming fashion show. Glancing quickly at his watch, Kabir closed his laptop after saving his work and walked towards Rachna.

"Actually, I shifted your appointment to later this afternoon. Sneha mausi called last night and invited us over for lunch. I meant to tell you, but..."

"Okay, that's fine. Let's go to Sneha mausi's house then."

-----------------

Sneha greeted Rachna and Kabir in the entryway with a warm embrace.

"I'm so glad you two could make it. I'm sure you'll be thrilled to see the surprise."

On cue, Gunjan emerged from the living room with a beaming smile and walked towards Rachna. She put her arms around her sister.

"Surprise Rachna di!"

Stunned by Gunjan's sudden appearance, Rachna pushed Gunjan away from her lightly and removed herself from the unwanted embrace. Hurt by her sister's actions, Gunjan's eyes filled with tears, but she bravely pushed them back and smiled again.

"Oh come on Rachna di! Are you still upset with me? I'm sorry, please forgive me."

Rachna's own eyes filled with tears as she abruptly turned around and rushed out of the house. Sneha called out behind her niece, but to no avail. Kabir quickly followed behind his wife and tried to stop her.

"Rachna! Rachna stop! Rachna!"

Rachna finally stopped once she reached the car. "Open the door Kabir."

"Rach..."

She put her hand out and immediately stopped him. "Just open the car."

He hesitantly touched her shoulder with his fingertips and when she didn't push him away, he finally placed his entire hand on her shoulder and turned her around so she was facing him.

"I know it's an unexpected surprise for you to see Gunjan like this. But don't you want to sort all this out?"

Rachna looked into Kabir's eyes with an icy hatred. "Sort out what? She's nothing to me anymore. Not after all I did to stop her from committing the biggest mistake of her life, and all she did to reject me outright."

"But..."

"Please Kabir! I don't want to stay here anymore. Either open the car or give me the keys and I'll drive myself home."

As Kabir was unlocking the car, Sneha came outside and stood in front of Rachna.

"I'm sorry for surprising you like that. I guess it just seemed like a better idea in my head. I may be asking for too much, but would it be possible for you to just come inside and talk to her once? She's really been looking forward to seeing you and she just wants to apologize. If anything, just do it for me...please."

"Is...is he...is he here too?"

"No. Just Gunjan."

Rachna nodded tersely and began to slowly make her way into the house.

-----------------

As she walked into the living room, Rachna found Akash sitting next to and trying to comfort a sobbing Gunjan. She felt a tug on her heart seeing her baby sister cry like this. As sisterly love pushed away some of the bitterness from the past, Rachna sat on the sofa next to Gunjan and delicately placed a hand on her shoulder. Gunjan immediately looked towards Rachna and gave a tearful smile.

"Thank you! Thank you for coming back in. I just have one thing to say to you. I'm sorry. I really am. I said so many terrible things to you in my blind rage. You have every right to be angry with me. But, I'm just really sorry Rachna di."

-----------------------

"Gunjan, he's not the guy that you think he is. Don't be blind in this infatuation. Please just listen to me once."

Gunjan looked up from her furious packing. "Infatuation? Really Rachna di? That's coming from someone who has never even experienced the tip of the iceberg when it comes to true love.

Rachna sighed in exasperation. "Gunjan this isn't about me and whether or not I have experienced love. This is about you and the mistake that you are making by running off with that monster. He's not what you think he is. He has a dark side to him...a really dark side. He's done things th..."

"Rachna di, can you just stop being jealous? I know that you've always been jealous of me since we were little, but I think it's high time that we get past those emotions. You always thought that everyone loved me more than you and that I got more attention than you. But you've always taken the spotlight away from me when it comes to mom. My own mother has loved someone else more than her own daughter. You can't even begin to imagine how that feels! I've always given mom so much love and respect, but she's always been too focused on you! And now that I've found someone who truly loves me just as much as I love him, you're stopping me from entering this relationship because you're jealous that I found true love but you didn't? I've always looked up to you and admired you as a role model, but I can't believe than my own sister would be the biggest hindrance in my happiness!"

Rachna stood silently, hearing all the accusations being hurled at her by her very own younger sister. Shocked by the malicious words coming out of Gunjan's mouth, Rachna felt so numb that she couldn't even respond with tears to express her pain. When her little sister's rant had finally finished, Rachna managed to choke out a tiny whisper.

"So that's what you think of me? I guess there's nothing more to say then."

------------------------

Rachna came out of her thoughts when she felt Kabir's hand on her shoulder. She looked up and nodded to let him know that she was okay. Sensing that the sisters needed some privacy, Akash, Sneha, and Kabir left the two of them alone for some time.

"You said a lot that day Gunjan. It's really hard for me to forget those words. Regardless of whether or not they came out in blind rage, it doesn't make them any less truthful. Deep within your heart, that's how you truly feel about me and it's too hard for me to get past that."

"No Rachna di. That's not how I feel. Those words were said by the angry little girl who was throwing a tantrum to get what she wanted. And that's what I've done my entire life. Being away from my family in these past six months, I've had time to look back and reflect on a lot of things, especially now that I'm entering the phase of motherhood myself. I thought back to how you've always been there for me and saved me from every little trouble. You sheltered me from the troubles of the real world so much that even the smallest shortcomings in my life seemed like the biggest calamities. I always looked for acceptance from mom, so I started intrinsically thinking that it was you who was pulling my mom away from me. But that's not true, no one can pull a mother away from her child. Feeling my own child move and kick inside of me, I feel an immense amount of love and attachment for her before she's even arrived in this world. It must have been the same way with mom and me. She loves me a lot and she always has; that's something that I've been able to conclude in the past 24 hours of being here. But she has always feared that I would be spoiled if I got too much love and coddling from all 4 sides, which is why she has tried to be the stern anchor in my life. Papa, mausi ma, mausa ji, and everyone else in our family has always treated me like a princess and given into my every demand. But mom has been the grounding force in my life; the strict force that I have needed to keep myself from flying too high. I guess that I've pretty much still been an arrogant brat my entire life though, a real b*tch if I put it mildly. I've gotten things without putting out to much effort and so not getting acceptance for Mayank was like a big slap in the face, particularly after losing the support of mausa ji and mausi ma. I just felt like he was my only support in the world at the time. But honestly, I've taken you for granted and not having you in my life for these past six months has made me realize how much you truly mean to me. It's not a very good excuse or apology, but it's the truth and that's all I have for you. I don't need your forgiveness, but I just want you to accept me back into your life, even if it is just for the sake of my unborn daughter. Please Rachna di."

-------------

That's all for today. Let me know what you think. Likes/comments always appreciated.

❤️ Nivi

crtkelly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Gosh Nivi, I'm in a real quandary right now. Maybe because Rachna has Kabir  steadfastly  in her corner, I've read this and all I can focus on is how bad I feel for Gunjan. I'm a huge sucker for happy endings, but I just can't see how poor Gunjan will come out of this unscathed when Mayank's truth comes  out...unless you have  something totally surprising up your sleeve...Mayank doesn't have an evil secret twin does he?😆.

I really enjoyed the update...it is making up for the nonsense Rachna's track is on SSLK for sure.

Thanks for the PM.
Edited by crtkelly - 9 years ago
unishaz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome..
Thanks for pm..
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: crtkelly

Gosh Nivi, I'm in a real quandary right now. Maybe because Rachna has Kabir  steadfastly  in her corner, I've read this and all I can focus on is how bad I feel for Gunjan. I'm a huge sucker for happy endings, but I just can't see how poor Gunjan will come out of this unscathed when Mayank's truth comes  out...unless you have  something totally surprising up your sleeve...Mayank doesn't have an evil secret twin does he?😆.

I really enjoyed the update...it is making up for the nonsense Rachna's track is on SSLK for sure.

Thanks for the PM.

Actually when I go back and read how I have characterized Kabir, I feel like he is almost too good to be true, but again he is a fictional character...a figment of my imagination...so I can be as idealistic as I want with my expectations of him 😆.

Nope...no secret evil twins here (that would be something though!). I like happy endings too, but I don't know that life always gives you that happy ending that you deserve. That being said, there will definitely be a happy ending for this story (after a lot of twists and turns) because that's what stories are for...to give you a chance at the happy ending that may not be entirely possible in real life. Ultimately the title of the story is True Love (that's a huge hint!), so I think you get where I'm going with this 😉.

nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: unishaz

awesome..
Thanks for pm..

Thanks a lot for reading! Glad you liked it 😊