Loved the twist
Thanks 4 pm
hangok thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
ohhh good, 
im soo happy to find that you updated more than one part, 
and what part, 
they are going to remarry,great idea, and it was better to know that they are still married, 👏
but what is now here, why kabir punched nikhil, 
i think this nikhil said something about rachna, and kabir is just jaleous or he said something about his mother????
owww waiting for the next part this is sooo excited...

thanks for pm
crtkelly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Too Good Nivi, you are back with a bang for sure!

Okay going to backtrack...

Was so happy to find out that the divorce was a fake, and our RaBir are still married, but what a wicked, wicked trick to play on our pair😡

Too sweet that they are going to renew their vows; but got to love family, they love to run with things don't they. Too funny how it's escalated to invite list of a thousand!

Now what the heck is going on with Kabir and Nikhil character... I'm leaning towards him making some unseemly comment about our Rachana, but will wait see.

Thank you for the PM
Looking forward to the next update!
Chit15 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for PM
Oho you ended part with suspense now waiting anxiously waiting  to know for what hapened with Kabir? 
BTW loved update
Update soon
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: crtkelly

Too Good Nivi, you are back with a bang for sure!

Okay going to backtrack...

Was so happy to find out that the divorce was a fake, and our RaBir are still married, but what a wicked, wicked trick to play on our pair😡

Too sweet that they are going to renew their vows; but got to love family, they love to run with things don't they. Too funny how it's escalated to invite list of a thousand!

Now what the heck is going on with Kabir and Nikhil character... I'm leaning towards him making some unseemly comment about our Rachana, but will wait see.

Thank you for the PM
Looking forward to the next update!

Thanks for your comment Kelly!
Yes, it was quite a terrible situation for them to be in. But the other side is that because of the divorce papers they both met and cleared up all their misunderstandings 😉
And yes...there's actually a bit of truth with that part (happened with my cousin's marriage where my aunt and uncle invited so many people and she did not even know half of them 😛)
Nice prediction about Nikhil...guess we'll find out when I start writing the next chapter 😆
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: hangok

ohhh good, 

im soo happy to find that you updated more than one part, 
and what part, 
they are going to remarry,great idea, and it was better to know that they are still married, 👏
but what is now here, why kabir punched nikhil, 
i think this nikhil said something about rachna, and kabir is just jaleous or he said something about his mother????
owww waiting for the next part this is sooo excited...

thanks for pm

Thanks for reading! Nice predictions 😊
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: Princess.S786

Great update
Loved the twist
Thanks 4 pm

Thanks Selina! Glad you liked the twist! 😊
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: unishaz

nice..
THanks for pm..

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Really appreciate it 😊
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chit15

Thanks for PM

Oho you ended part with suspense now waiting anxiously waiting  to know for what hapened with Kabir? 
BTW loved update
Update soon

Thank you for your comment! And I just had to build the suspense right? 😆
nividances thumbnail

Chapter 18:

Driving frantically through the streets, Rachna searched for any signs of Kabir or his car. Although her phone kept ringing with Sneha's number, Rachna didn't pick up any of the calls, but she didn't dare turn off her phone lest Karan try to call her regarding Kabir's whereabouts or Kabir call her himself. She had been driving around for over an hour and was getting even more worried now. Feeling dejected, Rachna parked her car onto the side of the road and held her head between her hands. Hearing her phone ring again, she quickly glanced at the screen; her breath stopped when she saw Kabir's name flash. Quickly picking up the call, she broke into non-stop array of questions.

"Kabir! Where have you been? Do you even know how worried I am? I've been driving around aimlessly looking for you for the past hour! What happened back there? Why did you behave like that? And how could you just leave like that Kabir? Did you not think of how I would..."

"Rachna relax! I'm fine. I'm sorry to have worried you like this, but I just needed to get away from there to clear my head. Anyways, I have already messaged Karan and he is back at Chaya's house, so don't worry about him. I'm back at the hotel now, so you also go home. I'm pretty tired myself and I know you must be as well. Come on Skype tomorrow morning and we'll talk okay? Bye."

Without waiting for Rachna's response Kabir hung up the phone. But Rachna was not one to back down; she started her car and drove off. Arriving at Kabir's hotel, she quickly made her way towards his room and knocked on the door. Kabir opened the door a few moments later and he was not particularly surprised to see Rachna there. Without saying anything, he opened the door wider and allowed Rachna to enter into the room. Kabir had already changed into his night clothes while Rachna was still dressed in the outfit that she had worn to the mehndi ceremony. He followed Rachna into the room and moved towards the fridge to get her a glass of water. Handing her the glass, he gestured her to take a seat. Rachna sat down on the bed and placed the untouched glass of water on the night stand. Kabir took a seat next to her.

Before Rachna could begin her outburst, he took held her hand and examined the mehndi design that adorned her palms. It was not particularly intricate, but beautiful nonetheless. Without much effort he was able to spot a little K hidden away in the petal of a flower.

"It looks nice, but you could have tried a little bit harder to hide the K. Don't you think?"

A quick look at Rachna's serious expression and Kabir himself became serious. Rachna pulled her hand away from Kabir's and began her series of questions again.

"Would you please care to explain what happened back there? Why did you behave like that? It's so unlike you Kabir."

Kabir sighed loudly and got up off the bed. He moved towards the window and stood there looking out at the Mumbai skyline, his back towards Rachna. She came up behind him and hugged him gently from the back. Without saying he turned around and wrapped his arms around her body. Whispering into her ear, he apologized.

"I'm sorry Rachna. I am really sor..."

She looked up at him and touched his lips with her hands. "Don't be sorry. But just please tell me what happened."

Without responding, he just hugged her even tighter, but Rachna broke the embrace.

"Kabir please. I'm really worried. Tell me what happened at Chaya's house."

Kabir let go of Rachna and walked over to the bed, with Rachna following closely behind him. They sat down next to each other and he began recounting what had happened at the mehndi ceremony earlier.

------------------

The six boys, Chirag, Karan, Sameer, Vivek, Nikhil, and Kabir, stood together, talking and laughing over a few drinks. Aside from Karan, the other five had all been flat mates in college and were meeting each other after many years. Karan, Chirag, Vivek, and Sameer moved towards the bar to refill their drinks, leaving Kabir and Nikhil alone to chat. The two of them had a rather strained relationship during their college years, for Nikhil was a play boy who liked to hit on every girl that he crossed paths with, while Kabir himself was rather conservative and focused on his studies and career. However, since Chirag, who had been Kabir's roommate, was Nikhil's childhood friend and neighbor, the three of them had often hung out together in college. Once the other four guys had moved away, Nikhil began teasing Kabir.

"So Kabir did you finally manage to get yourself a girlfriend or are you still keeping your vow of celibacy?"

Kabir tried to keep his cool and replied with a dignified answer. "I like to keep my personal life just that...personal."

Nikhil snorted and laughed. "Oh don't give me that bullsh*t! Hey, are you sure you're not gay? I mean since you're a designer and all...aren't most of those guys like gay?"

With a terse expression, Kabir warned Nikhil. "Don't cross your limits Nikhil."

Smirking, Nikhil continued to egg Kabir on. "Okay fine, prove it then...prove that you're straight and that you're into girls. Check out all the lovely ladies in this room right now and pick anyone of them to kiss."

"The only reason I'm even bearing you right now is because I don't want to ruin Chirag's day. But how about you just cut the cr*p?"

Nikhil continues to mock Kabir. "Oh ho! I'm so scared. Big boy Kabir is going to beat me up if I don't shut up...let me go hide under the covers! Ha!"

Kabir shakes his head and starts to move away from Nikhil. Meanwhile, Nikhil, who is evidently quite drunk, calls out behind him.

"Go on you wimp! Go put on your little frilly dress and some makeup! I know that you don't have it in you to get a girl. More for me! And ooh la la...look at that one there in the maroon outfit. She is quite the hottie. Those mysterious brown eyes, those luscious red lips, that milky white skin...I just want to strip her clothes off and fu*k her until the sun comes up!"

Kabir could no longer contain himself. He turned back towards Nikhil and punched him squarely in the nose. Nikhil fell down because of the force of the unexpected impact. Grabbing him by the collar, Kabir pulled Nikhil back up to a standing position and threw some more blows at his chest and abdomen.

"How dare you say that about her? You filthy scumbag!"

As Kabir continued to thrash Nikhil, Chirag and Karan noticed the commotion and ran to stop Kabir. Meanwhile, everyone else in the room also heard the noise and rushed over to where Kabir and Nikhil were. Even though Chirag and Karan both tried their hardest to stop an enraged Kabir, he pushed them both off and continued to hit Nikhil. It was only when Rachna held Kabir's arm back and screamed for him to stop did he relent. While everyone's gaze was on Kabir, demanding an explanation for his behavior, he was in no mood to explain to anyone; hence, he merely stormed out of the room before anyone could say anything.

-------------------

"I just couldn't tolerate it Rachna...I couldn't bear that he made such obscene comments about you. If you hadn't stopped me, I swear I would have killed him!"

Rachna placed her hand on Kabir's shoulder to calm him down. "Shhh...relax Kabir. Don't get so worked up. Whatever happened has happened...just forget about it and move on."

"Rachna I can endure anything, but the one thing that I can't tolerate is if someone looks at you or even talks about you in the wrong way. If I ever see him again, I won't leave him!"

While Rachna herself felt furious and enraged at Nikhil's lewd comments, she knew it would do no good to unnecessarily prolong the matter. "Enough Kabir...just drop it now. It's over and done with. Don't stretch this matter out anymore."

Kabir turned towards Rachna and cradled her face gently between his hands. "You mean the world to me Rachna. You're my life...in fact, you're more than my life. I don't care if anything happens to me, but I would rather die than let something happen to you."

Rachna put her hand on Kabir's mouth. "Don't say that. You're my love, you're my life...you're everything for me. I love you Kabir!"

Rachna hugged Kabir passionately. He reciprocated with equal fervor. They stayed like that, in each other's arms, for neither wanted to let go. It was only the loud ring of Rachna's cell phone that forced them apart. Getting off the bed, Rachna moved towards the table in the corner of the room, where she had kept her purse, and took her cell phone out quickly. Seeing Sneha's number flash on the screen, Rachna hesitated for a few moments before she answered the call with bated breath.

"Hello?"

"Rachna! Thank God you finally picked up the phone! Do you know how many times I called you? Why didn't you pick up? Where are you and what's going on?"

"I'm sorry Sneha mausi. I know I should have answered your calls earlier...it's just that I was a bit...a bit preoccupied. Anyways, I'll explain everything when I get home...I'll be there soon."

"Okay fine. Just please drive safely."

"I will. Bye."

Hanging up the phone, Rachna looked towards Kabir, who was still sitting on the bed with a rather somber expression. He stretched his arm out towards her and she held his hand. Pulling her towards himself so she was standing in front of him, Kabir wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face into her abdomen. She lovingly stroked his hair and smiled, relishing the feeling of having his arms around her. It was only when she felt wetness on her skin that she realized Kabir was crying. She immediately became concerned and touched Kabir's shoulder.

"Kabir? Baby, what's wrong?"

He pulled himself away from her body and wiped his tears hastily. Rachna looked down and lovingly stroked Kabir's cheek. He kept his eyes lowered and with a tremble in his voice, asked Rachna to stay.

"Before you came, I was trying to handle myself and I was fine, but now that you're here...Rachna, don't go. Please just stay here tonight. I...I...I don't want to be alone."

"Okay...don't worry. I won't go anywhere. I'm right here with you."

Kabir shifted over on the bed so she could sit down next to him. Once she was sitting comfortably with her back leaned against the headboard and feet propped up on the bed, Kabir lay down and placed his head on her lap. He closed his eyes as she ran her fingers through his hair to relax him. A few minutes later, the evenly spaced sound of his inhales and exhales alerted Rachna that Kabir had fallen asleep. Making sure not to make too much noise, Rachna grabbed her cell phone from the night stand, where she had placed it after ending her earlier call, and dialed Sneha's number. Sneha answered the phone on the second ring and Rachna explained the entire situation in a hushed voice to ensure that she did not wake Kabir up. Once she had finished explaining what had happened at the mehndi ceremony and how she had come to meet Kabir at the hotel, Rachna asked for permission to stay with Kabir for the night. Her request was met with a thoughtful silence from Sneha. A few moments later, Sneha replied with a sigh.

"Okay Rachna. You can stay there tonight. It sounds like Kabir is quite upset and he really needs you right now."

"Thank you for understanding mausi ji. I'll see you tomorrow...good night."

Rachna ended the call and placed her cell phone back on the night stand gently. She looked at Kabir again and bent over him to kiss his forehead gently. She absent-mindedly continued to stroke his hair softly, as she leaned her head back against the headboard and closed her eyes. While she was quite tired herself, Rachna found it impossible to fall asleep, as a flurry of thoughts circulated inside her head and drove away any possibility of sleep.

----------------

What did you think of this part? I originally didn't plan for Chaya's wedding to be such a big part of the story, but this new track popped into my mind and I just couldn't resist adding it. Do you think the story is moving too slowly? Your honest opinions are both welcome and desired.

❤️ Nivi

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago