rsnarula67 thumbnail
@ deboleena    -   I like your Dad.
My entire family sort of gives me a hard time for watching DKDM... lekin hum phir bhi nahin maanteπŸ˜†

Aakash, Thanks for the story.   Somehow I always related Tulsi with Jullandhar ...

The actor chosen for the role of Shanku,   is a good actor. Some of the performances I have seen are very good (even where the roles were total bakwas).    Let' s see maybe he will infuse some jaan into the track     (aka Mansa - Kratika Sengar did a bang up job, okay I don't think he will match up to her - that lady owned the screen).

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Shaligram is the stone form Vishnuji took.
sbk2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quixotic5

@ Kaatyani &  sbk2

I too have come to know about Shankhchud on similar lines-
- Radha curses Sudama to be born as an asur.
- Shankhchud is born as asura, does severe penance of Bhrahma , gets boon & Bhrahma even directs him towards his future wife...
- He follows Bhrahma's advice & meets & marries Tulsi..
- Tulsi was devoted to her husband & the power of her chastity along with kavach made Shankhchud practically invincible..
- Shankchud as usual becomes trilokadhipati.. gods are worried , they run to the tridevs for help..Bhrahma directs them to Vishnu, Vishnu directs them to Shiva..
- Shiva at first tries to send a message of peace through his messenger Pushpadant..but Shakhchud instead asks Shiva to surrender himself..
- Convinced of the inevitable war , Shiva first sends his ganas & Nandi in the battle field..then he sends Ganesh & Kartikey together with an army..a gruesome battle takes place..then Bhadrakali enters battlefield..she could have easily devoured Shankhchud but she respects Bhahma's boon & decides against it..then finally Shiva enters battlefield, but he too was not in a position to kill the demon for obvious reasons..
- Enter Vishnu - with his trademark clever tricks & tactics for the greater good..he disguises himself as someone & asks Shakhchud for his kavach , Shakhchud gives his kavach unaware of the person's true identity..now the only thing protecting Shakhchud was his wife Tulsi's chastity.. so on Parvati's suggestion ( I am shocked πŸ˜²), Vishnu disguises himself as Shankhchud & proceeds to take away ..ahem..Tulsi's chastity..
- So on the one hand Shiva is fighting with Shankhchud with no final results & on the other hand Vishnu meets Tulsi disguised as Shankhchud..Tulsi is elated to find her husband back home from the battlefield unharmed..and as soon as ..errr..she loses her chastity, Shakhchud's protection was completely taken away & Shiva pierces him with his trident..
- On realizing Vishnu's true identity, Tulsi curses him to become stone..Vishnu is worshipped in stone form ( dont know its name) & Tulsi leaves are to be offered to this form while worshiping.. & finally Tulsi gets a divine status & is welcomed into swarglok or vaikunth ..

Perfect summation of the Shankhachuda story πŸ‘

That is exactly how it is described in Shiv Puran.

It is very very similar to Jalandhar and Vrinda's story...except ofcourse, Jalandhar was born from Lord Shiva's third eye, while Shankhachud is born to an Asur.

Also it said that after Shiva killed Shankhachud, his skeleton fell into the ocean and every  holy shell is made from his bones. 

Edited by sbk2 - 9 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
@ rsnarula67  thanks..

okay now my question is how many times DKDM will show Tulsi story?I think they want to show us all the versions...first at the beginning they showed Tulsi pooja in Sati era..Prasuti telling her all daughter(Khyati,Aditi,Revati,Rohini n Sati) about Devi Tulsi and how Lord Vishnu took Shaligram form..even watching Shaligram Sati imagine it as Shivling..πŸ˜‰...then after a year...they showed Jalandhar and Vrinda Story where Lord Vishnu blessed Vrinda to became Tulsi..at that time we also talked about this that if they are showing the story now then how could Prasuti told the story to her daughters?Tellypathy?πŸ˜†...and now again Tulsi story?πŸ˜•
aparupanath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
  i      hate        dkdm.     now.      this          utkarsh           naithani          never           tried            to           show           any              decent               lakshmi            vishnu              story             but              repeatedly               tulsi            story           which           i              don't           like  .             i            am               afraid           i          will           be            hurting              myself             by            seeing          vishnu's         second           marriage        and      lakshmi's           bad             faith
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
well, this very confusing. they are showing the next satyayug i guess.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hmm, now shankhchood has entered.
kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well... i don't know what is the problem...!!
today's episode was a disaster..!! for evrry scene there has to be a 5 minutes of incomprehensible dialogue and the main point is minuscule one.. in other words today's episde was another classic example of Beating about the bush...!!

jyoti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
what with the dialogues specially that nadi part by mahadev.kuch samajh nahi aaya..πŸ€”
kya ho raha haiπŸ˜•

jyoti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
mahadev is behaving too much like mahadev i mean that slight human touch is missing..
i am noticing few things
1. too much slow dialogue deliveryπŸ₯±
2. unnecessary gyan..gyanmurti track was good coz there was no unnecessary gyan and gyancharcha was also short,brief and easily understandable( no heavy words).πŸ˜ƒ
3.(its a request)..plz plz plz change parvati's costume...don't make her look like she is wearing a school dress.sick and tired of watching her in red and white...😑
4. i thought all these asurs will fight against mahadev together but they are showing them one by one..πŸ˜•