Take 0:Satyanashing 22[IO]

savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Funny Things That Can Happen Only in Indian Soaps & Serials (courtesy/credit Hubpages)

Attire of women in Indian soaps

Indian soaps are highly glamorized in context of costumes. Women are shown working in kitchens in lehengas and saris with huge quantities of sequence work adorning them. The light reflected from them has enough illumination to light up your apartment. Each character has their own designed costumes and they vary only in color from one episode to the other.

Background music for vamps

Vamps or female miscreants in Hindi serials need a classification of their own. They have their own background music varying from cat mewing to thunders bolting down on the forever-goodie-two-shoes bahus. The music plays on continuously whenever they are making their entries and perform their evil deeds.

Plastic surgeries are abundant

This dermatology ingenuity comes handy whenever a character dies but his or her body is never found. Plastic surgery is one means of resurrecting the character. However the script writer preserves this expensive surgery only for the protagonists and vamps.

Memory loss cases are also profound

Amnesia is one human ailment used extensively in Indian serials whenever the scriptwriter runs out of ideas to mix up the story. However this is not just any ordinary form of amnesia, it's selective amnesia where the person forgets only one person from his family, his lover and all the wondrous moments they spent together.

Universal set

The set shown is where the whole story line revolves. It marvelously changes into office, drawing room, hospital and sometimes in teenage love story cases as college class rooms. Characters are rarely seen outside their home. And the biggest room is the kitchen because that is where the real showdown between saas-bahu takes place.

Photo frame breaking

This is the ultimate ominous sign more assuring than the devil itself ringing your door bell and saying "I'm going to kill your husband". This is more deleterious than the forever burning vigil blowing off in the wind.

This is the ominous sign of something evil happening and this makes the viewer's alert and curious of what is going to happen next!

Forever dolled up

Indian soaps have an eccentric feature of showing every women going to bed with heavy jewelry and perfectly powdered face. Even when they wake up from sleep not a single strand of hair is misplaced from their hair bun. However while stepping out from the shower the protagonist will try to dry her hair with a huge pink towel without success and that is when the male protagonist gets bowled over by her failed efforts.

Camera angles

Cinematic devices typical of Hindi serials are low angles (for vamps), high angles (angelic bahus), swipes both left and right (when the photo frame breaks), close-up (during tear-shedding), multiple angle shots (when the news is not accepted by the brain).

Edited by savvy05 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Savvy ve.. that opening sabun land analysis is โญ๏ธโญ๏ธ Such perfection I tell you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Landed... I think I am off Indian sabuunsnow!!!
Too much sn!!!
howcome thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ruki... Ruki ...whatever ...baawre ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Roomal - Will be back later.
soapsuds thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Roomaling...but still haven't found a show I want to watch...in...is it 2 years now? ๐Ÿ˜”
meens80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Whao was I in for a surprise this morning when I logged into IF to a pretty and sunny looking Sanaya smiling back it me, then I realized this was her new look for the angrez return Paro 2.0 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ.
She looks just like her real self and the character n look seems totally up her alley and something I would have been excited to watch if this was a new show. But after the khichidi that Tequila Tiwari has turned what could have been a promising project into that too in just 6 months; I doubt this maardern spin can salvage much.
savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapsuds

Roomaling...but still haven't found a show I want to watch...in...is it 2 years now? ๐Ÿ˜”

Biraj, you are absolutely not missing anything๐Ÿ˜ƒ besides maybe Yudh.
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: savvy05

Tried out Yudh Savs but didn't like the story and the way they were telling it. Anil's 24 was shot much better and was told in a better fashion even though it was full on rip-off of English version. Saw 3 episodes of Yudh and then gave up. I think halka pulka entertainment is what I would like to watch at the end of a tiring day.

soapsuds thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: savvy05

Yup Savs...the only thing missing is discussions like the good old days...miss those...but as for the rest...all meh...the vishesh tippanis of all the snark queens here a lot more entertaining...๐Ÿ˜†