Americans Know about ash too! hehe

Neelu.RoX thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hey guys!

Well, i am in 10th grade and so i have wolrd history. Alot of the topics we discuss are about India. I really enjoy learning about it. Right know we are learinging about social classes around the world. And obulsiy everybody knows in India theres a caste system. And My teacher had a slide show on that and stuff.

Anyways, My teacher was talking about how culture is different in all parts of the world. And he Just asked a retorical question, "Have any of you watched indian Movies in the past 5 years?" (he just wanted to show hows it differnt every where) The room was in silence and me being the only indian in the class. I raised my handπŸ˜†And some of the kids started gigglingπŸ˜†I was like ummm..

The my teacher was asked me "Who is that indian actress?She was ms world??"πŸ˜•I said Ashwariya Rai (Of corse with my american accent)😳 Then he was like to the boys nin my class "How many of you boys would be like..O YEA ASHWARIYA RAI IS COMIGN in a movie! I have to see it"πŸ˜†the boys started laughinh....then he said "well the boys in india say that, thats how culture is different"

It was soooo funny to hear him say Ashwariya RaiπŸ˜†

Have any of you ever taught you American/canadian/Britsh or other friends hindi or something??😳

I have sooooo many times i did...i could just goo on and onπŸ˜†

***Mods note - I think this is a really cool topic, therefore im making it the "Topic of the week." ***

Edited by meghavi - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*nilz* thumbnail
lolzz man that must have been embarassing but its still pretty kool how ur teacher nos aishwarya rai!
smartypant thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
WoW cool...
It neva happened to me though. My teachers has hard time pronouncing my name, Sujata. How can they say Aishwayra??? I bet you were nervous... Cuz I am nervous when I talk in front of the whole class.. πŸ˜‰
putturani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
How can you hide your roots? I used to live abroad and there in school no one could pronounce my name. We had a lot of Indians and they really embraced our culture.
QT143 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i gave all my indian cds to my frnd once. and she kinda likes raghav. she knows about shahid kapur too πŸ˜†
Neelu.RoX thumbnail

Originally posted by: QT143

i gave all my indian cds to my frnd once. and she kinda likes raghav. she knows about shahid kapur too πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†

Thats soo funny! Does she sing along??πŸ˜†
meghavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neelu.RoX

Have any of you ever taught you American/canadian/Britsh or other friends hindi or something??😳

My friend ..lolz..yah she saw Main Hoon Na...it was soo funny, ..I had to rewind a few times..lolz..so she could fully read the subtitles and understand them..hehe..she liked it tho.πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š  And she knows...about Eijaz Khan lolz...well she knows I LOVEE him haha.😳

Edited by meghavi - 17 years ago
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

First of all, Proud to be an indian

I saw Ash's ad during tv show.. Everyone was like.. wow, what a hawt chick.. i was like 😳
Shezaadi thumbnail
OmG I've taught my friends so much urdu that now they can even guess what i'm saying sometimes. It's kinda weird and disadvantage to me cuz i sorta like having a secret language i cna switch to when i don't want anyone to hear. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† 😳

but yeah all my friends know about SRK, amir khan, and i have one friend is like a die heart fan of Aishwarya rai! it's kinda funny πŸ˜†
Athena90 thumbnail
oooo nice topic neelu

my chinese friends here LOVE hindi movies. lol they come iver and watch movies and then i have to explain. we say munna bhai MBBS together, and i struggles explaning the bombay hindi to them.

well some of them really love bollywood. they watch lots of the movies. haha. and well, we're shooting a movie and they choose bollywood as the theme. haha.

so well, its hilarious to see them in love with bollywood