OS- Curse of The West Wind

Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I wanted to write on my ultimate epic hero KARNA but it was getting too difficult to getting into HIS mind and instead of hero I come up with an OS on epic's The Villain .. Shakuni 

I am not claiming my OS to present the exact facts (of epic) but I took many scholar's believes and opinions on account and incorporated Historical Facts of India here .. As my most of the friends wanted me to to post it in here I am posting it here .. if respected DT of this forum thinks its not right to post here please move it to Writer's Corner n not in FF section as I am no fan of Shakuni 

This is a fiction only .. Copy Rights are reserved on my name .. plz don't copy it anywhere else 

Curse of The West Wind

Ages after my last prayer to setting Sun, I am here to offer my greeting to him for the last time. The last sun before Kurukshetra war is setting along with the last bit of peace Aryavarta. Great warriors in both camps are preparing for biggest ritual of killing, civilians waiting for its end and history waiting for the its makers. But the truth remain constant, this war brings only defeat for both the camps. The only man wins here is me. Even before the war begins I hold the glory of victor, this war is my victory. No matter who becomes the king, success is only mine.

I lived every moment aiming this massacre of your people. Next sunrise will bring eternal nightmare of war to every soul living in this country. They will now live with the terror of human slaughter and bloodshed forever, just the way my people did. People of Kuru hear the cry of starving children, screech of vultures, deceased silence of my country. It is echoing in your land, I brought the curse of west for you. Once you destroyed my motherland, the war of Kuruksetra is my return gift to you.

You call me Gandhar Raj. The title sounds like king of corpse, mocking me every time I hear it from a Kuru royal. Kings are like Gods, they die when the followers die. The country lives in graveyard don't need a king. They want an avenger and I am the one for you.

Proud land of Kuru do you remember Gandhar, a beautiful landscape of living oasis within desert. It has little resources, lesser glory but undying peace. Nobody wants an infertile land of sand except its natives. They loved her, the poor beautiful mother who safeguarded and nourished her offspring in her barren womb. My people worked hard loved harder. Sometimes, storm of dust from far west clouded our sky but it would be cleared eventually. The sunrise in east returned the bright blue on our head. But, one day the dust started rising in the east. Sun didn't come out for days. Gandhar witnessed colossal army of east land for the first. An army, bigger than our total population, has come to take my sister away. My dearest sister Gandhari, the only precious possession Gandhar has, they want her for their blind prince. I asked, is there no beautiful woman in verse land of BharatBarsh to carry the legacy of Kuru progeny? They reminded me weak don't have the right to question, they only obey the powerful! My foolish proud county men didn't comprehend the truth. They are sincere hardworking folks, too honest to bear humiliation.

Gandhar didn't saw a war for ages. Nobody desire a land of desert, nobody attacks it. Now after infinite years people pull the weapons out of the layers of sands. My men were farmers not soldiers. They have strength of growing grains incising the earth but not a mind for killing people. They lost, they died. Gandhari was taken by the great grandsire of Kuru. They arrested my family, put us in the prison. Whole Hastinapoor saw us in chain but their amusement didn't bother me at all. It was stuck in Gandhar's last picture I carried in my mind. My abandoned wounded motherland is now moaning over the butchery of  her sons helplessly witnessing the fist of scavengers over their body. Only newborns are left alive to die.

I kept myself alive to sacrifice Kuru blood to the starving Goddess awaking thirsty for ages soaked with own kids' blood. Tomorrow is her time, tomorrow the sacrifices start. Kuru warriors, brave and fool, hungry for each other's life, will cut each other's throat only to accomplish my burnt-offering to the sate less spirits of Gandhar. I didn't wait for this day, I craved path for it. They made my sister marry the unsighted Dhritarashtra and canceled his right over the throne making the blindness an excuse. Their first mistake, they augmented my anger and gave me one resentful mind to play my game. Their second mistake, they freed me. No one keep scheming mad man out of chain. My sister covered her eyes forever. The last thing she saw was the destruction of human lives, her children has to born with the horror of annihilation in their subconscious. I molded their tender heart with rage and pain for deception and non-attainment. Your funny society and social codes is delight to enemies. You can't respect human talent, search honor in birth right. Nature itself obliterates such civilization. I only fuel the fire to rise and inferno to devour the land of Kurus.

The night has fallen over you. Sun God must be bestowing his last rays on the horizon my country. In the mirror of my memory, I see my land sparkling like Gold. My lips are curving in a smile; a smile not a smirk. After ages, I am content. My work is done. The final dice has fallen, now the pawns will fall one after other.  I don't desire to live anymore, don't want to see its end. In war winners may create legends but in the realm of dead, nobody is victor but mere survivors, burdened with guilt look for peace in imaginary heaven. I created the hell for enemies; seven heavens can't please me more. My only prayer to the lord of west wind, before death bestow me with the sight of necrophilia, the same necrophilia once I saw in Gandhar, let me view it in the heart of Bharatbarsh too.

See the darkness fall. The brooding darkness is prevailing in Gandhar, from now you will suffocate in same way. Standing here, I can foresee Kuru's fall. A state in East is restoring its power. Their dominance would be so great that mighty force will fear them*. Future will be its story, whole Aryavarta will surrender to it, Kuru is no exception. But, it doesn't satisfy me anymore. My quench for revenge has been aggravated. I will be back, ages after ages through the same path you have opened for west. After sun rises and sets for billion times the spirit of my land will be back to haunt you again and again, to break your peace, impede your growth, destroy your men. Pages after pages of your history will see bloodbath caused by my land of desert.** You evoked Shakuni's hatred now you never be able to forget me, the curse of west wind will be your destiny. 

-The End-

*As per History Kuru was defeated by Magadh and it turned only a part of the most powerful state[Mahajanapad] of India then 

**Indian History is full of these attacks .. anyone can turn the pages n check

Plz Review 

waiting for your comments

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Wow.. Sayanee.. this is truely masterpiece... Every character in Mahabharat has so much to tell that I believe we can easily take out secrets or layers in their character which are way above usual black and white . You bring interesting perspective of Shakuni. How he considers this War as his victory.  It is thought provoking .
Keep writing , you write from your heart .. 😊
Sea-Hawk thumbnail

Originally posted by: riti4u

Wow.. Sayanee.. this is truely masterpiece... Every character in Mahabharat has so much to tell that I believe we can easily take out secrets or layers in their character which are way above usual black and white . You bring interesting perspective of Shakuni. How he considers this War as his victory.  It is thought provoking .

Keep writing , you write from your heart .. 😊

thanks RITI .. I am happy that you felt this way .. thanks for this lovely comment😊
KHUSHI-99 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Very nice,Shakuni's POV is never talked about and is difficult to handle,you did it beautifully😊 ,Thanks for the PM and keep writing😊
Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Sayanee ,  what a marvelous, totally engrossing piece of revenge saga of Shakuni, something never tried before on this forum. I know you are a writer but still can not help admiring your careful, effective choice of words, vivid descriptions of aftermath of war, injustice imparted to him, velvette smooth transition from current war condition to his disturbing past to devastating future and towering above all his unapologetic gloating of victory
Loved when you said final dice is thrown and pawns will fall or 
 In war winners may create legends but in the realm of dead, nobody is victor but mere survivors, burdened with guilt look for peace in imaginary heaven.

Loved your title. Loved everything about this superb post. ⭐️ I have read it 3 times already.. ⭐️

Now I am really upset that you did not start writing early on. Hope you will continue writing gems like this..  Lovely Sayanee.👏
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Very stunning peace of work dear. Story of revenge awesome. You narration is too good and you describe well. Perspective of Shakuni are so well defined. Your imagery skills are very good 
Keep it up
Sea-Hawk thumbnail

Originally posted by: KHUSHI-99

Very nice,Shakuni's POV is never talked about and is difficult to handle,you did it beautifully😊 ,Thanks for the PM and keep writing😊

thanks dear .. very very happy you liked it 😊
Sea-Hawk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cotswolds

Sayanee ,  what a marvelous, totally engrossing piece of revenge saga of Shakuni, something never tried before on this forum. I know you are a writer but still can not help admiring your careful, effective choice of words, vivid descriptions of aftermath of war, injustice imparted to him, velvette smooth transition from current war condition to his disturbing past to devastating future and towering above all his unapologetic gloating of victory

Loved when you said final dice is thrown and pawns will fall or 
 In war winners may create legends but in the realm of dead, nobody is victor but mere survivors, burdened with guilt look for peace in imaginary heaven.

Loved your title. Loved everything about this superb post. ⭐️ I have read it 3 times already.. ⭐️

Now I am really upset that you did not start writing early on. Hope you will continue writing gems like this..  Lovely Sayanee.👏

ohh thanks a lot .. this is a wonderful review .. I am so sooo honored ⭐️

I must say I have been an admirer of your vocabulary that you use in your OS .. in my case I often get words in Bengali when writing in English n remember English words when writing in Bengali

As per writing I joined IF for writing FF .. but I don't write FF anymore .. was trying to write on Karna but Pati Shri is so complicated I come up with Mama Shri😆 .. will try to continue writing the os on Karna 
.Vaikartana. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sayanee its excellent👏I always felt ur way of thinking is different and has always felt admiration for it.Everybody prefer to think from the winner's side.Those who are the villains as per the popular belief often don't get a chance to speak their minds U have did a wonderful job Do write more.Thanks for d pm
Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

As per writing I joined IF for writing FF .. but I don't write FF anymore .. was trying to write on Karna but Pati Shri is so complicated I come up with Mama Shri😆 .. will try to continue writing the os on Karna 

Dont forget your favorite devarji as well. 😉