AzraZaidi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Hi everyone !!! 
This is Azra , this is the first time i tried writing do read and comment !!!
Sorry for the mistakes 😊 
Thanx to My_VivJaan (Suru) because of her encouragement i am posting it !!!!!

Today when I came in my room , my heart felt very heavy. Memories came rushing by in front of my eyes I felt emptiness in the house . The same house which always gave me solace , the same house which had all the memories of her . I could still feel her laughter in the house , her voice echoing in the house . Old age was taking toll on me i was unable to control the emotions but I had a promise to keep , I couldn't cry .

I decided to stop thinking and sleep . As I lay down on the bed my wife asked me to close the light . I turned towards the switch near the bedside I saw a glass of water and my medicines kept on the side table . As my hand went near the glass I saw a piece of paper I took it , It read " I KNEW YOU WOULD FORGET YOUR MEDICINE, HAVE THEM AND SLEEP AND PLEASE DON'T CRY REMEMBER YOU HAVE A PROMISE TO KEEP , LOVE U DADDY "

The moment I completed reading the note I realized the paper I was holding was completely drenched with my tears . I have broken my promise but I dint feel guilty I took the medicines and gulped them at once remembering her smile . I closed the light and walked out of my room . My legs automatically turned towards the left and I found myself in front of my daughters room . I dint have the courage to open the door and go in but I wanted to and I did .

The pink walls of the room , the teddy bears , the photos hanging on the wall made me nostalgic , they made me think when did my baby princess turn into a big girl. The memories are still fresh in my mind . I still remember my wife telling me that she was pregnant . The news changed my world upside down . I was very happy but I had few fears in my mind , would I be good daddy ?? I remember what my dad said me when he sensed my fears he said " Any fool can become a father , it takes someone special to become a daddy". Time passed by my wife gave birth to a beautiful girl . The first time I took her in my arms my happiness knew no bounds . I made a promise to myself that I would try till my last breathe to be a good father ", the moment I finished the promise my baby smiled , my world stopped there I realized I could do anything to see the smile on her face again .

There were times when she used to be ill , she would cry at late night my wife would take her to another room when I questioned her she replied that she couldn't let my sleep get disturbed as I had to go to the office next day , she would advise me to sleep peacefully and go. Sometimes I think did my wife really think I could sleep peacefully after hearing my princess cry .

She started to crawl I was always scared if she would hit her head , if she would fall down from bed . Daddy was not the first word she said but when she said I felt on top of the world . I remember her holding my finger with her tiny hands and and trying to walk , I wanted to be her support . Later she started to walk , she ran here and there and she fell many times but that wouldn't stop her . The best part was I came home all tired and exhausted , she would come running and hug my legs . I felt refreshed , her smile was the source of my energy . I loved taking her to the park for walks , I loved playing with her .

I remember she was two and a half year old she couldn't talk properly only a few words was all she could utter . She came running to me with two pieces of cucumber in her hand she forwarded one piece towards me and put the other in her mouth . Before I could take the piece my wife took the piece from her hand and ate . My daughter looked towards her mother and next towards me then she removed the cucumber piece from her mouth and extended towards my mouth . It was half chewed but I dint have problem eating it . That was her love towards me I happily ate it , she showed me her toothy smile and ran away . This incident got permanently printed on my heart . 

I remember her first day at school , I was very nervous to leave her between strangers but after the school hours when she started telling me about her new friends , new school I felt content . I remember her reciting the first poem she learned . She was learning new things my baby was growing up .

I remember the excitement on her face when she saw the pink cycle I brought , she was very excited to ride it . Next day we went to the play ground I was teaching her how to ride but she was jumping on her seat and not sitting properly , I asked her if she was not scared to fall and get hurt , she replied " I know you will catch me before I fall ". The innocent reply made me realize the immense trust she had on me .

I remember her telling my wife that there was magic in the house as when ever or where ever she would fall asleep she would always wake up in the bed . I loved giving her ride on my shoulders , I loved it she would fall asleep on my chest that content feeling I can never explain . 

I remember once she was sitting with her cousins and talking with them , everyone were saying the name of there favorite super hero some said spider-man , superman or batman , when my daughters turn came she said ,"My dad is the best super hero", I had tears in my eyes after hearing that .

I loved reading bedtime stories to her and torch her in the bed , I would regularly check the batteries of the torch below her pillow as i knew she was scared of dark. I always tried to buy her  everything in pink color as I knew she loved pink . I remember her sports day , annual day and many other school functions , she would always search for me in the crowd . She didn't want me to miss anything , the feeling was mutual . She would always compare her height with mine. She would never forget her goodbye kiss. She said I was her role model . She shared everything with me , she called me her best buddy . I was her cool dad.

I remember the first time she baked a cake on my birthday , I was so happy i dint want to share it with anyone. I was not found of cake nor birthdays but this cake was special this birthday was special. She always tried to do things to make me happy because she dint know seeing her smile made me the most happiest person in the world.

I was growing older . She started becoming my support . Sometimes I would stop her from doing things or sometimes I would scold her , she would be upset all the day but she had to learn from her mistakes . At the end of the day explain her the reason of my outburst , help her understand my point of view and when I said sorry to her for scolding she replied ,"You have all rights to scold me and put restrictions on me . I know what are you do is always the best for me ".She would iron my clothes , polish my shoes , give me medicines. I need not worry about me , she was always there to take care of me. 

I remember helping her walk , I remember helping her doing homework , I remember helping her to choose clothes , I remember helping her to wash the car , I remember helping her paint the fence , I remember helping her choose subjects for her higher studies and NOW I REMEMBER HELPING HER IN CHOOSING A PERFECT LIFE PARTNER FOR HER .

Today was her wedding , she was the most beautiful bride in the world looking at her brought tears in my eyes. She took a promise from me to not to cry as always I gave in her demands . She was my daughter , my pride .

The moment she sat in the car for going to her in-laws house , I couldn't control myself . I kissed her on the forehead and asked her if she would forget me as she has found her prince charming she replied , " I HAVE FOUND MY PRINCE CHARMING BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS REMAIN MY KING . I LOVE YOU THE MOST DAD". Thinking about her I feel into deep slumber. 

Thanx for reading !!! Do like and comment 😊😊

My Other Works

Rishabala FS :   Unintentional Love    (Completed)

Rishabala OS : Inspiration

Rishabala OS : Beautiful Feelings

Rishabala OS: Surprise Pack Love

Rishabala OS : My Reason to Smile

Arshi version : MY INSPIRATION

Edited by AzraZaidi - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

My_VivJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
yaay me 2nd to cmmnt!!its amazingly written dear!!! emotional nd lovely too...
ur welcomeee azra dear!!! 🤗Edited by My_VivJaan - 9 years ago
Secret_Giggle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awesome OS, Azra.
Very beautifully written
Loved that cucumber scene

p.s. I guess I have seen you on KB forum, r8?
Edited by SHINYSHREYA - 9 years ago
Arakshiya_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
wonderfull os dear!!!
love it alot...
do write more!!!
Love-Blossoms thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
beautiful os
a perfect bond between a father n daughter
plss write more
sanghita0000 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
WOW!! its the 2nd os which I loved the most based on father-daughter bond( the other being My Papa My Superhero...
This os brought happy tears in my eyes...Really father-daughter relation is so special...isn't it???...I loved it...& it will be close to my heart...I will love to read such beautiful stories more in future... 
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
congrats on your 1st story 
bokul thumbnail
fantastic os
it touched my heart
such a soul stirring deep emotional os 
bokul thumbnail