Juhi Parmar has no plans to enter Bollywo

smilygal thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Juhi Parmar has no plans to enter Bollywood
Sometimes reel life imitates real life and at times it's the other way round. What's happening in Kumkum's uurf Juhi Parmar of serial Kumkum (produced by BAG Films) life is what has happened to Gudiya, wife of an army soldier who was declared 'dead' during the Kargil conflict.

Starting life afresh she married another man from her village and was pregnant with her second husband's child. It was then that her 'dead' husband returned, which not only created a crisis in Gudiya's life but a religious and political debate as well regarding the validity of the second marriage. Kumkum's case and dilemma is no different, except that there is no religious-political positioning but a crisis in her family and personal life.

"There's no parallel between Gudiya and Kumkum," says Juhi Parmar who plays the main protagonist in Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan. "If there's any similarity it's a sheer coincidence," claims Juhi whose TRP topper show on Star Plus' afternoon band is called the Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi of Star Dopahar.
If Tulsi is a personification of an ideal bahu at prime time, Kumkum sits on this coveted pedestal in the afternoons. No wonder, Kumkum is called Tulsi of Star Dopahar. "It's a big compliment," smiles the young and beautiful actress who after a short pause adds, "But I would love to be called Kumkum of Star Dopahar instead of Tulsi."

Ask her whether the latest twist in the tale will take the show to its logical end and she says a lot is still in store. "The real drama will begin now," she laughs. Obviously Juhi is expecting more popularity and adulation from the show that has been a very satisfying experience for her so far. "It's been a fruitful journey. Generally dailies drag on and become monotonous. Kumkum has sprung one surprise after another.

The best surprise was when I got to play a double role in it. I played Chanda, a village belle who is a naughty brat and a look alike of Kumkum who is planted by Sumeet's ex-beau to create rift between Sumeet and Kumkum. It was a great change and big treat for me," goes on Juhi who came to Mumbai eight years ago to work in serials.

"I came here with nothing and started from scratch," she recollects adding, "I had a small dream but today I have achieved a lot both personally and professionally. The dream was to do good work and I have been doing precisely that year after year. Each year has been better than the previous one," she says happily. It all began with episodic work, followed by the lead in Shaheen, a Muslim social of the same name where Juhi played a girl in her teens who was married to a middle-aged nawab.

"I was only 18 years old then. So at that age playing the title role without any experience was a big challenge," she recalls. Soon followed Kasak, Choodiya, Viraasat and finally Kumkum. "I really felt great and couldn't ask for anything more," she smiles. She came alone to Mumbai and she continues to live alone. "My parents are well settled in Jaipur and they don't intend coming here," she says. Does being single in a big city and showbiz pose a problem?

"Why can't an actress live one her own here," she asks. "But yes the problem is they tend to link you with someone at the slightest opportunity." Like she was linked with her co-actor Hussain who plays Sumeet. "The fact is that we are best of friends. I knew his girlfriend. We were good friends too. I knew they were going to get married. So where was the questions of a romance between us," she questions. Equally emphatically she also denies her romance with co-actor Jatin (Anuj Saxena).

"We were linked up much before the Hussain episode. Now that Hussain is married they have rediscovered the so called old romance," she laughs. "In fact, I am not one to hide things. If I am seeing someone I will talk about it openly." What she is clear about is her decision not to work in films. Leaving aside the big banners, she feels that most of the films are skin flicks. "I don't intend to shed my clothes just to work in films. I'd rather do some good work on television than showing my skin," she declares. Obviously she doesn't want to talk with her body on the big screen.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sundas thumbnail
thanx for sharing
Sundas
anku2cute thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thnks... ths s an old article 😊
norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

thanks for this

nice pic of juhi

norzar
hersha thumbnail
thankss.....juhi's pci looks soo great!
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
tfs

Bt its an old article and have been posted before.
Shazia_haya thumbnail
thx for sharing this lovely article!!