Rohit Shetty/Sajid Khan/Shimit Amin to remake Bangalore Days?

Chamaila-Kutrea thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Mumbai days beckon Bangalore Days

Bangalore Mirror Bureau | Jul 4, 2014, 08.34 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE sandalwood|Malayalam|kannada|Drishyam|Bangalore Days
Mumbai days beckon Bangalore Days
If it was the Malayalam blockbuster Drishyam which hit national headlines after its stupendous run last year, Bangalore Days is doing an encore this year. The multi-starrer film's remake rights have been bought by top Tollywood producer Potluri V Prasad (PVP) all Indian languages, including Hindi.

However, there's a twist in the tale.

Mirror has learnt that the Bollywood version " a different market altogether " will be produced by a top Mumbai banner. We have also reliably learnt that leading directors such as Rohit Shetty, Sajid Khan and Shimit Amin

have shown keen interest in making the film in Hindi.

"Bollywood is a different cup of tea and PVP is aware of it. He is keen on parting with the Hindi remake rights with a top banner," a little birdie from Mumbai tipped us off.

Atrade source close to the development says it's a clever ploy by South producers to quickly bag the remake

rights so that so that they can resell the Hindi rights for a bigger market price.

Making a Bollywood film, the source says, can be a logistical nightmare for South producers.

Another person who is monitoring the remake deal says all the three directors " Rohit Shetty, Sajid Khan and Shimit Amin " will be watching the original Malayalam film shortly in specially organised shows in Mumbai.

Though Bangalore Daysis about the story of Malayalee youths working in Bangalore, according to film trade analysts, it would suit Hindi films as well.

"Many youths, particularly from UP, New Delhi and Mumbai form a significant chunk of the IT workforce in Bangalore. If a Hindi movie is made with the same title with minor changes, it will work," says a trade source.

The original Malayalam version, directed by Anjali Menon, had an envious casting line-up " Fahadh Faasil, Dulquer Salman, Nazriya Nazim, Parvathy Menon, Nivin Pauly, Dulquer Salman and Nithya Menen. The last Malayalam film to be successfully remade into Hindi was Bodyguard, featuring Salman Khan. Though Malayalam director Rajesh Pillai has completed the remaking of his movie Trafficin Hindi, the project is yet to be released.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PLEASE SPARE THIS MOVIE MR.SAJID KHAN/ROHIT SHETTY!

😭
zaniax thumbnail
No Sajid Khan plz!
P.S: Love ur username πŸ˜†
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Btw is this movie about s/w engineers working in Bangalore. I say hand over the script to CB and get a blockbuster. They can even get a newbie to direct.

Originally posted by: RockChicGirl

Btw is this movie about s/w engineers working in Bangalore. I say hand over the script to CB and get a blockbuster. They can even get a newbie to direct.

Not entirely about software engineers. It's about three cousins and the time they spend in the city and one among them is a software engineer.
If they remake the film, I hope they choose the cast wisely. The original had a fantastic cast. The young actors in Bollywood now aren't that bad. If they get a casting coup like the original, nothing like that.
I already have a cast in my head.πŸ˜†
rope_and_anchor thumbnail
Nothing, and Noone can match Anjali Menon. A true rockstar, she is!
Plus, it is tough to get such a star cast, that makes you feel as if these people were born to play these characters!
The movie really was something else...😳

I do have a star cast in mind for the Hindi version, which can atleast reach a bit of equivalence to the one in Bangalore Days, but I guess it won't be feasible...πŸ˜†

Aju(Ranveer), Sarah(Deepika), Kuttu(Arjun), Meenakshi(Anushka), Divya(Parineeti/Alia), Shivadas(Siddharth), Natasha(Shraddha)...πŸ˜‰
Lol, yeah I know...πŸ˜† (I just wish I could fit in Varun too in here, somehow!)
Edited by roshni_rj - 9 years ago
RaithaPhailGaya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
damn the user name.. LOL
tujha maaaila.. kuthryaaa... 

I just started watching Hera pheri after i saw ur username.. ROFL
aish. thumbnail
Banglore days was a beautiful movie. It depicted the bond between between the cousins so well.

Rohit Shetty and Sajid Khan? Damn, this is gonna be bad. I can only imagine a movie with OTT action and cheap jokes now.
aish. thumbnail
Such a special movie<3 The Mal industry has such brilliant young actors.

Edited by oblivious. - 9 years ago