Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

4ever4love thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
beautifully written!  

I am impressed.  It was emotional at some points and at others not.  You stated some facts (hid others) but it added to the tone of the story.  

I am very curious to see what happens.
priya_ya1408 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice one dear
Continue soon
aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
very nice
continue soon
tellyme thumbnail
nice... liked it

different
ainanwer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice start please continue
Downhill thumbnail
thats beautiful start
krati5 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting... Plz continue soon
-Crayon- thumbnail

BREAKING WAVES : Part 2

He kept staring at the window of his hospital room with little movement.  It had been years since he last saw her and nothing seemed to have changed, her presence made his heart skip a beat. With happiness or nervousness, he didn't know. Her eyes didn't seem to have carried any grudge when they fell on him. He looked around the room and let the feeling of her presence in his room a few minutes ago, sink in.

Her father is a fraud who found a shield in lies to save his skin. She is no less. It's in their genes. There's no riddance from it. You still want to maintain the same relation with somebody who thinks it's absolutely alright to hide how big of a cheat and a fraud her dad is? I'm sure there were many instances where she lied to continue hiding the truth. Trust is extremely valuable Maan and it has been wasted over whatever relationship you shared with her.

So many words were spoken and there wasn't a single word he could come up with, to defend her.  Until that moment he probably had no idea on what being clueless meant. Neither did he know what helpless meant until he saw her trying to convey how she never meant ill of anybody by hiding the truth. All she wanted was to make clear how she never wanted the past of his father to effect whatever was ahead of her.

Since the moment she saw him, she hated the breaks she had in between her works. They only triggered all the bitter memories. The only way she learnt to deal with them was to stop feeding her thoughts but his mere presence weakened her tricks and ideas of dealing with those memories.

Do you think your parents are right Maan? 

Tears escaped her eyes while rewinding the moment where Maan's answer was not something that declared his trust in her. At one level, she knew she was wrong but failed to form an image of how differently her actions could be interpreted. Selfish, Liar, Cheat could the conclusions of her actions, she never knew. If the effects of her actions pushed her into a pit of regret and helplessness, Maan's silence only worsened things for her. For once, she found herself in a losing battle with no one standing beside.

She remembered the mess created by her in her house. All she wanted was to hurt her father, hurt him as much as she was hurt, more than that, if possible. She hurled insults at him and threw everything breakable on the floor. The sound of smashing objects still rung in her ears. The vicious words uttered by her still stung her.

Thanks for ruining everything for me, Papa. You never gave anything much to me, but it didn't bother me much. Today, you have just snatched everything I had. I can never forget this and never forgive you. 

Geet took a deep breath and closed her face in her palm. She could not afford to let the old memories take over her senses at any cost. Maan is a closed chapter and he'd remain to be one. She is a new Geet and she'd only improve for the better.  If there's anything she wanted from him, a few months ago, was a closure but now even it didn't seem to matter. Maintaining the distance from the man was the best thing to do. She got up and went to her locker where she found a note lying.

Maan Khurana, the patient with the broken leg has been asking about you the whole time. I don't think he would mind if you visit him once in Room no. G7 .

The paper soon lied in a corner of her locker in a crushed state. Crushed it was, yet in the locker. 

To be continued...

Edited by -Crayon- - 9 years ago
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
amazing update! beautifully written! Maan still loves her! He thinks abt the past! He realised that she never wanted to hurt anyone! Her dad destroyed her life! Geet was inconsolable! Bt she moved on! seeing him, everything came back! Geet decides to stay away frm him! bt a note left 4 her to go n c him as he asked 4 her! Geet crushes it! update soon
Ubiquitos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
The dilemma. She expected Maan to show trust in her but for Maan, maybe she broke the trust in first place. Let us see if they, any one of them, likely Maan breaks the ice.