Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

delilah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: bhilwara

The Others: This supposedly spooky suspense thriller left me feeling completely unspooked.

I thought it was ok. I may be biased being Kidman fan. However, its dopey remake Hum Kaun Hai *ing Dimple Kapadia and Big B was really a hathoda! 😑

Shakespeare in Love: what was all the hype about this movie actually about???

Wasn't it funny? I don't remember exactly, but somehow I liked watching it.     

I am a Nicole Kidman fan too, that is why I felt sooo letdown with the end of the movie.

Yeah, the Hindi remake was such a disaster..I think it even had Sushmita in it..Just sank without a trace..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

OH!! So Shakespeare In Love was supposed to be funny then???...I was under the impression that they had attempted a romance tragedy!!!!..πŸ˜†

Edited by delilah - 17 years ago
Pradarshak thumbnail

Originally posted by: delilah

Here are a few more movies that fit the bill of being damp squibs

The Others: This supposedly spooky suspense thriller left me feeling completely unspooked. Although the movie had a certain element of suspense in it..the conclusion of the movie lacked that powerful punch. The end was very hurried without any impact on the viewer.

I thought the movie was okay, there was some punch in the end. To me "The Village" was a complete wash-out, all suspense for nothing.

Shakespeare in Love: what was all the hype about this movie actually about??? πŸ˜• πŸ˜•. I am soo glad that I watched it home when it was telecast on TV and didnt waste money on this one at the cinema.

I dont remember exactly, but I think Gwyneth was given a Oscar nomination for her role in this movie. 😑

"Shakespear in love" won the best actress, also best supporting actress(Judi Dench) and best film too. Same year "Elizabeth" (Shekhar Kapur)was also in the nomination. To me, Cate Blanchett did a very good job in "Elizabeth" but lost to Gwyneth.

HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban: The third movie in the HP series was one movie I really looked forward to watching. The only thing worth being a mention is the CG for the Hippogriff.

Otherwise, the movie was cut and stitched in so many places that it was like a badly tailored dress!!!. The movie completely lost touch with the book in so many places and if u hadnt read the book, then u wouldnt be able to get the movie.

I felt sorry for those who watched it without reading the book!!!

delilah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abd_20

I am not a movie buff but still I watch only selected movies but one film I really wanted to kill the maker of the film is Mangal Pandey and really how could Aamir a perfectionist choose a film like that......... 🀒 🀒 🀒 and also Sharukh's Baadshah i still feel like kiling the maker but i really am waiting for Don....don don don {that's how srk says that in the teaser hehehe} that's the film I really am hoping to be the biggest upcoming film I hope Farhaan Akhtar doesn't force us to kill him I know he must've made the film with sensibilty πŸ˜‰ or else we can't do any thing πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† we can only critisize him πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† and one more film i am looking forward is Amar Akbar anthony Starring Salman Arbaz and sohail when it is about sequel i hope Dhoom 2 is also worth watching.....

Hardcore Eijooan

Badshaah is one SRK film I'd like to forget abt along with Duplicate, Phir bhi Dil Hai Hindustani and One two ka Four and of course KANK. I am sure he was possessed, otherwise how else could he have done such pathetic movies!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Devdas 😑 ...... biggest wasteful extravaganza in Indian Cinema
dhoku thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i just watched "LAGE RAHO MUNNA BHAI "wooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahh...what a movie really enjoyed watching that movie..wid friends ....it was a complete entertainment package wid comedy drama...msg to the genext....action...evevrything...it was even better than munna bhai mbbs.....

a must watch

to kya bolta mamu ...jaldi se theatre jane ka aur phataak se movie dekhne ka.... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
dhoku thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i just watched "LAGE RAHO MUNNA BHAI "wooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahh...what a movie really enjoyed watching that movie..wid friends ....it was a complete entertainment package wid comedy drama...msg to the genext....action...evevrything...it was even better than munna bhai mbbs.....

a must watch

to kya bolta mamu ...jaldi se theatre jane ka aur phataak se movie dekhne ka.... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
the most stupid movie i have ever seen is kahin pyar na ho jaaye starring salman khan n rani mukherjee....i mean really it was so non-sensical.
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: fatso

Khoda Pahaar Nikli CHuhiya aur vo bhi mari hui! πŸ˜‰
KANK was the worst movie I have ever seen. The only good thing in that was AB & AB And I think SRK should retire now, he can not act every emotionis same.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†...Agreed KANK was deplorableπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ,Karan made a fool of himselfπŸ˜†,But I dont think it Marks the end of the era of SRk...He surely has it in him to bounce back(and I'm not his fan saying this)

MNMS thumbnail
I don't watch a movie till I don't read the reviews, friends opinion and Box office collections. Pretty strict criteriaπŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Ok now.. my set of "Oonchi dukaan pheeka pakawaan+ khoda pahar aur nikla chuhiya ka baccha" movies πŸ˜›(i know pretty late... but didn't had time to write so long post πŸ˜› )

1. Munna bhai MBBS(the old one Not seen the new): It was such a disappointment .. i mean i like the script and loved munna circuit(the only "Sigh of relief" factor).. but every time wht i got to see was tears and tears in the eyes of nurses and songs which were "Stuffed in the script".

2. Kal ho na ho: Sheeeeeeer disappointment!!!! 🀒 I just couldn't get the movie.. wht they were showing: Jaya bacchan raising child of her husband.. her husand committed suicide...preity going wild with life.. SRK tried to be funny but failed... and i will keep talking talking and talking

3. K3G: i slept! couldn't bear those over the board emotions!!

4. Mohabbatein: Mentioned earlier... DISASTROUS!!! this one is able to make perfectly normal people going insane.

5. Sholey: (now don't kill me πŸ˜† )... i heard a LOT from my parents... and i saw it on tv.. plz if someone can tell me wht was the whole thing abt?? Wht was the hype?? πŸ˜• I just couldn't get the movie..

Will add more πŸ˜‰ Edited by MNMS - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

Sholey: (now don't kill me πŸ˜† )... i heard a LOT from my parents... and i saw it on tv.. plz if someone can tell me wht was the whole thing abt?? Wht was the hype?? πŸ˜• I just couldn't get the movie..  

LOL,even I wonder the same....πŸ˜†

SHolay was a fine movie,but why was it sooooooooooooo hypedπŸ˜•

I know everyone would laugh at this,but Dharmendra was boring(as usual),I found Hema Malini's ranting and her gibbering a tad irksome,Amitabh was good....But why was it SOOOOOOOOOOO hypedπŸ˜•....

Could any good connoisseur of movies elucidateπŸ˜›