DevdasiSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi everyone! 
I'm back again with my next OS! I actually planned on finishing this and posting it on Wednesday, but I completed it early and decided to post it now. This is based on Paro's POV of family. It was...interesting to write because we all know what she dreamt about when it came to family. So here's my update. Here are the links to my other stories. Hopefully you like them as well!

OS: A Day in the Life of Aman- https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4065583

OS: Family (Laila)- https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4066786

Happy reading! 

For Parvati, family was just a dream. 

At a young age she had lost both her mother and father. She had cried and screamed as their bodies were buried underneath a pile of wood and set ablaze. Her small, loving family had burned within the flames in front of her. The only person left was her Mami-sa, who had never given her a chance to question what parental love was like. 

Parvati, who everyone lovingly called Paro, dreamt of what her marriage would be like. A loving husband. Two sons. This had become her idea of a family, what she wanted. She thought that her dream would come true when her marriage was arranged to Varun. He seemed sweet and spoke to her with the upmost tenderness. She felt she couldn't be happier. In the presence of her entire village, Parvati was married and sent across the border with her new husband. This, she thought, was the first step towards her family.

Everything came crumbling down when Paro suddenly stood in the middle of a crossfire between the bharaat and the BSD. She had lost consciousness and when she awoke, Parvati had become a widow and a prisoner. Her heart-wrenching cries and pleas were not enough to bring her husband back, to let this be a terrible nightmare. But when Parvati saw the jallad aim his gun at her, with no sign of remorse, she knew she wasn't dreaming. He was going to kill her, his determination was visible in his gaze, so what stopped him? The next thing Paro knew, she was handcuffed in the back of the BSD jeep, being dragged towards her fate. The man who now held her life in his hands was the jallad known as Major Rudra Pratap Ranawat.

He interrogated her, tried to get her to confess to a crime she knew nothing about. She tried telling him, but the monster within him lashed out at her. She was terrified of Rudra as she remembered how he held her at gunpoint not too long ago. He was trying to convince her that her marriage was a sham and the bharaat was actually smuggling weapons. She wasn't ready to believe it. For her protection, Paro was taken to his home. It was the one place no one ever dared to enter, where no one would believe she'd be. 

Paro hated Rudra, but she loved his father. The elderly man had taken an instant liking to her, and she to him. Dilsher had shown Paro that not all Ranawats were bad, as he comforted her in her darkest times. Unknowingly she had won his affection and support, something that protected her quite a few times from the jallad's wrath. However, when confronted with the Major, Parvati would have to ask the questions that were gnawing at her. She knew that Rudra would have to give her answers, but he never did. She continued to hate him for shattering her dreams before they were completely woven.

Then the horrible truth was revealed that Rudra was right about her marriage being fake. She felt hurt, betrayed, and...guilty. Time after time, the jallad had protected her and in returned she didn't trust him. Yet, he still tried to convince her. Despite all her attempts to get away from him, he protected her. She had a newfound respect for him. Parvati didn't know when her hatred transformed into love. It was like falling asleep...it happened slowly, then all at once. She fell in love with Rudra. She knew he didn't love her, and it didn't matter. She believed that if her love was strong and true, then he would one day love her back. Parvati dreamt of that day. 

Rudra continued to hate her, even after he married her in a drunken state. No matter what he did to her, Paro's love remained intact. In fact, it intensified. After some time, Parvati learned that she not only had to heal Rudra's heart, but complete his soul. She slowly won his trust, so much so that he revealed his dark past to her. In that, she realized why had become the man he was and why he didn't let her in. He was afraid of getting hurt again. Paro's eyes brimmed with tears as she smiled and vowed to never leave him. The red thread around her neck bound her to him, not just in this lifetime, but for the next seven lifetimes. Looking in his eyes, without any hesitation, Parvati told Rudra that she loved him more than anything else in the entire world. In that confession, they made the silent vow to be together...forever. With her love, Paro managed to change the jallad into a human, into someone who loved her passionately...someone who she called hers and only hers. 

When her two sons were born, she didn't think she could be any happier. Paro couldn't thank Bholenath enough. She stared at Rudra, who, with her support, held the two innocent lives in his arms. Then he smiled at her, trying to find the words to describe the happiness he was feeling. But he didn't have to because Paro knew and felt the same. What began as a struggle to survive at the Ranawat Haveli became her reason for living. She now had a wonderful father-in-law, a loving husband, and two beautiful sons.

For Parvati Rudra Pratap Ranawat, her dream of a family was now a reality.  

I hope you enjoyed this OS! Thanks for reading! Once again, I hope to hear from all of you, especially those silent readers! I'm considering my next character for the Family OS, and it's a bit tricky. But I think I have a good idea for it. So if you're interested in reading it PM me! I don't know when I'll have the next OS posted, but bear with me! 

Thanks for reading! Leave your comments and feedback below please!

Edited by DevdasiSingh - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

antiquegold thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the pm! That makes it a hat trick! Next would be mythilis pov! Thats my guess! 
just_juhi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely OS describing Paro's emotions from the beginning to "end"
SherryGS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Another nice piece. Liked the recap of events from Paros POV and loved that she is living her dream of what a family is. :)
--POV-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice work 👏👏👏, read all the 4 OS.
Liked how you have shown all the 3 POVs and brought them to culminate at the same point. 

anisa79 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
loved it! from hatred to love. my guess is it is malas POV because you said it is slightly risky 
rashika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
A very beautifully written os.