Blast from the Past - Kareena Kapoor VS Bobby Deol

Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Something I wasn't aware of. 😕

Found it today. Bobby and Bebo''s 2 diff versions. Don't know which one is true 😆

I thought it was just Bipasha and Kareena who had problems during Ajnabee's shoot.

It was perhaps inevitable that the brother of Sunny Deol would be typecast as an action hero. Though Bobby has tried to expand his repertoire with romantic leads in Kareeb, Dillagi, and Hum to Mohabbat Karega, the films' poor returns have prompted him to return to his forte as the Bichhoo- and Badal-style tough guy.

However, despite his success in those films, the media has been reluctant to promote him, perhaps because Bobby gives them so little to write about. Though he will gladly wax poetic on his love for wife Tania, he steadfastly refuses to discuss more controversial issues pertaining to his personal life -- like his recent quarrel with Kareena Kapoor.

Apparently on the sets of their film Ajnabee, Bobby's wife helped co-star Bipasha Basu with her wardrobe. In an industry where heroines more often view each other as competition than friends, Kareena, whose family has long been friendly with the Deols, considered Tania's act tantamount to betrayal.

Kareena's own tale differs slightly from the gossip: "Actually, there was a problem with his wife. She didn't behave properly with my mother. And I didn't like that." (Filmfare, March 2002) Whatever the exact cause may be, the two are not speaking, and Kareena's sister Karisma, who heretofore considered Bobby a close friend, has apparently sided with her sister, giving the Deols the cold shoulder. In turn, Bobby fields questions about the incident with vocal displeasure over Kareena's decision to talk about it to the press. Beyond that, he will not comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hazardous thumbnail
Strange. On KWK when Bobby was asked what he'd do if he was stuck in an elevator with Kareena and Karishma he said he'd be happy because there'd be a lot to talk about. It didn't sound like he held anything against them:$
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^ yes I agree. They went on to do another film together after Ajnabee. I think Kareena had more problems with Bips than Bobby. But even Bips didn't talk bad of Bebo on KWK. And now everything seems fine between them.  

With the clothes thing..I heard Bips took Kareena's clothes for the film without asking..which didn't go down well with Bebo. 

But who knows what actually happened. 

Could this be the reason why Esha D and Bebo stopped being friends? 
Edited by beboholic - 9 years ago
Quietude thumbnail

Originally posted by: beboholic

^ yes I agree. They went on to do another film together after Ajnabee. I think Kareena had more problems with Bips than Bobby. But even Bips didn't talk bad of Bebo on KWK. And now everything seems fine between them.  

With the clothes thing..I heard Bips took Kareena's clothes for the film without asking..which didn't go down well with Bebo. 

But who knows what actually happened. 

Could this be the reason why Esha D and Bebo stopped being friends? 

No Esha and Kareena were friends after Ajnabee. Esha entered BW that year and they were pretty thick in LOC promotions. 😕

You are right, the bigger fight was between Bips and Bebo. Akki was neutral but Bobby supported Bips. Bipasha praised Akki and Bobby in her first interview post-Ajnabee for being there for her during the making.

Quietude thumbnail

Originally posted by: xPristinex

Strange. On KWK when Bobby was asked what he'd do if he was stuck in an elevator with Kareena and Karishma he said he'd be happy because there'd be a lot to talk about. It didn't sound like he held anything against them:$

They must have sorted their issue by then. 😕
Lalalalost thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I believe Kareenas side only because everyone knows how nosy and intrusive Babita (Kareenas mom) can be.
She's always been like that lol.

Even Imtiaz mentioned how when Babita was on sets of JWM, she would be bitching about how Kareenas outfit n makeup wasn't glamorous enough and stuff. 😆 she's way too involved, thankfully she isn't as involved with Bebo as she was with Lolo in terms of career managing.Edited by BindaasReena - 9 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I only know about the kali billi comment which was below the belt might I add. Didn't know Bobby had a problem with her? But I guess everyone got over it but Bobby doesn't seem like someone that holds a grudge.

Kareena was a hot mess when she was younger. I remember when she was the only one that had a designer lengha made for some Sahara concert when all the other heroes/heroines were given white clothes so they look uniform. The showrunners were against it and Kareena wouldn't come out of her room unless they met her wear the dress. Such a diva. ðŸ˜† Anyways, all's well that ends well.
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
During the shooting, there were some reports that the director was having problems with the Bobby-Kareena romantic scenes as they were not on speaking terms with each other
Quietude thumbnail

Originally posted by: ibelieveinpink

I only know about the kali billi comment which was below the belt might I add. Didn't know Bobby had a problem with her? But I guess everyone got over it but Bobby doesn't seem like someone that holds a grudge.

Kareena was a hot mess when she was younger. I remember when she was the only one that had a designer lengha made for some Sahara concert when all the other heroes/heroines were given white clothes so they look uniform. The showrunners were against it and Kareena wouldn't come out of her room unless they met her wear the dress. Such a diva. ðŸ˜† Anyways, all's well that ends well.

Didn't know about the Sahara concert 😆

I know Dia Mirza and Kareena had a fight backstage after a concert. I think she matured became lot more sensible with age.

pakeezah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quietude

Didn't know about the Sahara concert 😆

I know Dia Mirza and Kareena had a fight backstage after a concert. I think she matured became lot more sensible with age.

this was the time Diya Mirza confronted her about wearing non white clothes
when all of them were asked to wear white..and KKK fought and told Diya
'who do you think you are? even  my spot boy earns more than you'.

😆 

i guess the poverty she faced after Babita left Randhir left a mark on her.
she couldnt resist talking money. lol

later KK denied having said this, and Diya in her interview said KK lied.
Edited by pakeezah - 9 years ago