Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanya_s thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Lol..excellent topic! I make rotis only once in a while and when I make them, they are never round! Round is just too common and ordinary..I prefer African-shaped rotis, personally.
MNMS thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanya_s

Lol..excellent topic! I make rotis only once in a while and when I make them, they are never round! Round is just too common and ordinary..I prefer African-shaped rotis, personally.

then u can have plenty from meπŸ˜†...i guess im an "African shape rooti making machine"πŸ˜† (when ever i make rooties.....the last time i made a rooti was abt 8 months agoπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜›)

Athena90 thumbnail
lolllll sabah! πŸ˜†

When i was younger, i insisted my rotis came in different shapes! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

so then my mom, totally capable of making round roti, had to figure out a way of changing their shape1 πŸ˜† πŸ˜† 😳

well, i cant make rotis... and as long as they are edible i dont mind!

and if anyone minds, they shld go and make their own rotis 😑 πŸ˜†
sanya_s thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

then u can have plenty from meπŸ˜†...i guess im an "African shape rooti making machine"πŸ˜† (when ever i make rooties.....the last time i made a rooti was abt 8 months agoπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜›)

πŸ˜† Earlier my mom always used to complain.." Geethu, u never help out in the kitchen".. I helped her make my african rotis...after that, she barely calls me...even when I 'insist' on helping her. My kitchen exploits are too embarassing to elaborate.

Sneha,πŸ˜† exactly my point..those who mind shapeless rotis, go and make u'r own 'round' chapatis!

Maybe we could start a thread "Blunders in the Kitchen". I can write an essay on it.

purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh my πŸ˜† .... What an interesting discussion going on here πŸ˜†

Guess rotis have to be round b'coz they look good when they are perfectly round.... but i personally do not mind eating any shaped roti as long as it is cooked properly and tastes OK 😊

I would also like to share one saying which my ma-in-laws mother used to say when i got married.... "If you can make a round shaped roti out of triangle or square any other shape..... You can handle any crisis situation in your life with confidence and ease" πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ritzbitz

BTW have u heard of "puran-poli" ? its like rumali roti but tastes sweet 😳

Oh my god.... Puran-Poli....yumm

I made them at Holi 😊..... and i have to say they are not easy to make πŸ˜• .... the day i make 'puran-polis'.... I can't handle anything else πŸ˜• ... all other cooking... my hubby has to do 😳
lighthouse thumbnail

Actualy the tips given here by Sree and everyone else is correct. πŸ‘ It is learned skill just like anything else and once you master it you can never forget it.!!!

My Roti's are not only round but I make Phulka so it has to blow like a balloon. The Roti has to have perfect thickness all around and not only round. πŸ˜•

Roti ka Fanda.. πŸ˜†
Tomiko thumbnail

lol guys............some of your stories are hilarious!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..........and Sree di.........next time i'm asked to cook, i'm ordering my rotis straight from your house!πŸ˜‰

As for me.......my first two rotis usually start of round, and then slowly start taking shapes of all the country's in the world!πŸ˜†..........But they're soft and edible - so who say's rotis have to be gol?!πŸ˜‰

Pachu.P thumbnail

Originally posted by: nibbles

lol guys............some of your stories are hilarious!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..........and Sree di.........next time i'm asked to cook, i'm ordering my rotis straight from your house!πŸ˜‰

As for me.......my first two rotis usually start of round, and then slowly start taking shapes of all the country's in the world!πŸ˜†..........But they're soft and edible - so who say's rotis have to be gol?!πŸ˜‰

Haila Nibu...same here...they start round n then they take the shape of africa, egypt, america, florida....u give a name n my rotis have been to that country/continentπŸ˜†

That's why...i don't make rotis...i make everything xcept rotis!!πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

*dels* thumbnail
who says roti's have to be gol? 😑
i don't agree! the reason being i can't make 😳

i make rotis myself and then i don't eat them coz i don't like the luk of it πŸ˜• πŸ˜† 😳

mine luks like as if the rat has grinded round it πŸ˜†
and when i try to take it in my hands by catching at it ends, it automatically becomes sooooooooo long πŸ˜• πŸ˜† i know its a foolish thing to do , but i don't have another choice 😭