Discussion: Round Round Round

Posted: 17 years ago

WHY DOES ROTI HAVE TO BE GOL!?!?!?!?

why can't it be square, rectangle, triangle or any other shape???? why do we HAVE to make it round?!??!??! 😡

its the ingredents which are important, then why care, what shape it is??!?!?

why can't we use our imagination and creativity in food we are eatting?!?!??!

I consider this an issue of every girl, who is learning to cook, so it should be given all the importance!!!!

Err, I have eaten Rotis of every shape, Gol, Square, Triangle... 😉 😆
Well. I wish I knew HOW rotis could be gol. Mine always look like the US, India, Iraq, the Hawaiian Islands.   ðŸ˜›
its so tragic, i spend atleast five mintues, trying to make a roti round, but then, when i lift it and put it on the Tawa. it changes it shapes 😭 😭 😭

I think roti ko koi dushmani hai mere saath!!!! 😭
😆 😆
hailaa..that really is such a serious Question!! 😲 😳 😆
hehe..pehle toh..i am only 14..toh i'm not interested in cooking that much 😳 😕
but when i was..when i was a bit younger..ur right..it used 2 change shape when i put it in the tawa 😭 hehe..par..i'll learn..like all my parents keep lexturing..they say the only way they learnt cooking is by burning their hands atleast once..blahh blahh hehe..so maybe its lyk tht hehe 😛 😉

Tina xx
🤗

As they say....looks matter,even in food !!!! 😆 and instead of curves,with this it's gol !!!! 😆

Have enogh loose atta while rolling, so that when you pick it up,it's not too soft; While rolling, press on the left side....
OMG.. i think today is my "Others reading my mind" Day 😆 first it was buffie.. and now u 😛

Anyways... we have the same situation:
[quote= Ms. Bholi Bhali]its so tragic, i spend atleast five mintues, trying to make a roti round, but then, when i lift it and put it on the Tawa. it changes it shapes    

I think roti ko koi dushmani hai mere saath!!!!     

[/quote]

yup.. rooti ki mujh se centuries purani dushmani hai ... when i put that on the tawa.. it makes the shape of an egg, australia...mine are extremely popular for their "africa" shape as my father says 😳 😆 even at times half of the rooti is out of my tawa... now wht am i going to do with that 😡

plus i was scared with the heat of the pan it is so hot... once i put rooti on a cold one... i couldn't lift it.. waheen chipak kar reh gayi 😳

one thing i have done ... i make a very hard dough...and then press it, press it so hard.. it makes a gol shape 😃 even on the tawa 😃 ....
Kahani mein twist: It is very hard to eat too 😆 (so don't try it 😉 )
Who said rotis have to be gol? My rotis they are in all shapes and sizes 😆

Yaar khanne se matlab hai and if you really want it gol phir like that ad on television, take a round badtan and cut it round 😛

Btw on a more serious note and to add on to Saba's discussion, why should only women know how to cook?  Kyun ladkiyon ko sirf gol rotiyaan banane aane chaiye?  Some of the most famous cooks in the world are men but then why is it that in households only women are found cooking and cleaning?  Its called sharing the responsblities so those guys who don't know how to cook, should send a PM to Minnie to get some tips from her 😆

DollyEdited by Diva - 17 years ago
klolzzz ma dad says i make nakshas as in maps.. lolzzz he says i can teach geography lolzzz.. who cares abt da shape
lol well u can cook them square if it makez u happy