WOW,Vinay Jain doing a movie with Big B

insouciance thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Big B plays Big Daddy

Amitabh Bachchan takes charge of the safety and comfort of his co-actors, and the entire unit of Cheeni Kum, in London

Mumbai Mirror Bureau

Amitabh Bachchan, who is shooting in London for Cheeni Kum, has lived up to his reputation of playing a father figure, yet again. The shoot, which is in its last leg, with three schedules complete and two more days to go, has been going off smoothly, we've been told.

TV and stage actor Vinay Jain (Aryan in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin and now playing a role in Balaji's Karam Apna Apna), who's just back from London, was won over by the Big B's warm nature. "He had found out everyone's name before coming for the shoot," says Jain. "For instance, he knew my name…"

Jain plays the role of a father to a terminally-ill girl child, who shares an excellent rapport with Amitabh. The film, being shot at various locations in Central London and elsewhere, often saw Amitabh taking the lead in ensuring safety for the rest of the unit members, especially while shooting on busy roads.

"He ensured that each and every one of us was beyond the range of the busy traffic, hustling us to one side, scolding those who strayed into the path of cars whizzing by.

Alongside, he also juggled the attention of eager fans and curious English gentlemen, who had no idea of who he is," narrates Jain. "He was remarkably patient and courteous with them all."

Jain, who has always been in awe of the superstar had carried a book with him, to gift his hero.  "It is a book of poems and photographs by a Japanese Buddhist philosopher, Dr Daisaku Ikeda. The verses were very inspiring and apt for someone like him," he says.

And what do you know, Amitabh made it a point to go through the book that very night.  The next morning he was already discussing what he had liked about it on the sets.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Best Of Luck Vinay. He is an extremely talented actor and this is an well deserved role that he is playing. He proved his first break in JJKN and Im sure this one will give him success as well. I watched Karam apna apna and he is doing a brilliant job there. CONGO VINAY!! πŸ‘

Thanks Buffie πŸ˜ƒ
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
wow o wow o wow... anyway thanx for the info bufster... πŸ˜›
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
kya baat hai
vinay jain is goin places

aishah thumbnail
πŸ‘ Lolz this guy deserves all the credit thats coming to him-he created a character that i lowed to despise and ive never experienced it again!-so congo to vinay-lets hope all the jjkn cast get their much deserved chance to shine! πŸ‘ -thx buffie for the info!..
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
way to go Vinay.I have always loved him as aryan as he brought the characyter to life and played it perfectly that most of us loved to hate him hell infact I dint even hate him.i LOVED HIM AS ARYAN and wish him all the best .He is one actor who deserves to go on a higher level