*vishal* thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
'I work hard on my body, I don't need steroids'

Mohit Ahlawat to sue newspaper that reported he was on steroids, for defamation

Subhash K Jha

Shiva star Mohit Ahlawat is suing a newspaper that reported he's on steroids. The report states that he spends Rs 35,000 a month on the same. Mohit protests angrily, "I've never touched steroids in my life. It's a very irresponsible accusation to make. I'm very health conscious. I remember how agitated I used to get when I used to hear about senior actors with good bodies allegedly being on steroids. I work hard on my body, I don't need steroids."

Incensed by what he sees as an attempt to defame him just before his new comeback vehicle Shiva is released, Mohit has decided to take stern legal action against the paper. "My father is a retired lawyer. We have 50 lawyers who are still associated with my dad. I've spoken to my dad and his colleagues. They all advised me to sue the paper. I'm doing so right now."

Mohit is convinced that jealous rivals are out to malign him. "Some time ago there were some other defamatory stories against me. I know for fact that a Khan (he names a junior-level star son) had spread those rumours. I wouldn't be surprised if he's behind this latest attempt to bring me down just when Shiva is about to be released."

What has got Mohit's goat is the obvious undermining of facts in the story. "They've written that I was asked to leave my previous gym because my fitness instructor found out that I was on steroids, when in fact I left my earlier gym Zap five years ago   to join my current gym Sykz, because a friend Nitin Gupta invited me to join the other gym. And my fitness instructor Pramod Dadlani came with me from the old to the new gym. He has been with me for eight years. So what are they talking about?," he asks.

Determined to take legal recourse at the earliest, Mohit says, "In Shiva, I play this honest incorruptible cop who wants to change the system. Stories to hurt my image won't hurt my film. But they embarrass me. I guess people can't bear the fact that Ram Gopal Verma is supporting me so openly. However, this steroids accusation is the limit. I don't think I should take it lying down."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=10&ar ticleid=913200622464309132006224537875

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*vishal* thumbnail
Mohit is convinced that jealous rivals are out to malign him. "Some time ago there were some other defamatory stories against me. I know for fact that a Khan (he names a junior-level star son) had spread those rumours. I wouldn't be surprised if he's behind this latest attempt to bring me down just when Shiva is about to be released."

hey i know who it may be , there are only 2 star sons with khan sirname. thier fathers were actors.and one was caught with buying drugs and other younger said its norm to have drug in growing up age.

i just dont like this guys, though must of girls are crazy behind them.

but, drugs, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
copperboom thumbnail
are steroids legal in India?
Lil Ms.Sunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
he looks hot in the picture 😳