Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr ka Blockbuster

|| Khiladi Gurmeet Appreciation Thread #3 ||

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Born on 22nd February 1984, television heartthrob Gurmeet Choudhary is a man of many talents!

He debuted in the television industry in 2006 playing the male antagonist in a tamil fantasy series called Mayavi, with his wife Debina Bonnerjee who played the female lead.

In 2008, Gurmeet bagged the role of one of Hinduism's most favorite Gods, Shri Ram in Sagar Arts' popular mythological series, Ramayan. which he played opposite his wife, who was Sita. Through Ramayan, Gurmeet became a household name and received lots of love and appreciation from all age groups, including the young and old.

After Ramayan, Gurmeet and Debina did their first reality show in 2009, Pati Patni aur Woh. In this show, they came out of their mythological characters and got recognized by their own name. This was also the show in which Gurmeet proposed to his wife on national television and she accepted!

From 2010-2011, Gurmeet played the highly popular character of Maan Singh Khurana in Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Paraayi, opposite Drashti Dhami. This show was immensely popular among the youth and garnered Gurmeet a lot of fame and popularity across the masses.

In 2012, Gurmeet bagged the role of Yash Sindhiya in Zee Tv's much loved show, Punar Vivah: Zindagi Milegi Dobara, which he played opposite Kratika Sengar. Punar Vivah was a highly successful show which garnered Gurmeet many international fans. The unique character of Yash Sindhiya was loved and well-received by his fans. Also in 2012, Gurmeet participated in Jhalak Dhikla Jaa Season 5 and came out as the winner after tough competition!

After the successful completion of Punar Vivah in 2013, Gurmeet participated in Star Plus' popular dance reality show Nach Baliye Season 6 with his wife Debina and won 2nd place after competing neck to neck with the other contestant couples. Gurmeet & Debina received a lot of fame and popularity through Nach Baliye and remember it as one of the best three months of their life. They had also participated in Nach Baliye: Shriman vs Shrimati earlier that year and knew dancing was their passion.

Soon after Nach Baliye, Gurmeet flew to Cape Town, South Africa to try his hand at Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 5: Darr Ka Blockbuster. He reports that he enjoyed the show a lot as he always loved performing stunts as a child, and he also made many great friendships with the other contestants.

Let's see how this television heartthrob fares facing his greatest fears! Will he face them with the courage and bravery of Lord Ram, the anger and intensity of Maan Singh Khurana, or the patience and determination of Yash Sindhiya?

Watch Khatron Ke Khiladi to find out and support Gurmeet Choudhary!  

New Talent Awards Best Male Debut (for Ramayan) - 2008

Zee Gold Awards Best Celebrity Jodi (with Drashti Dhami) - 2011

Zee Gold Awards Best Celebrity Jodi (with Kratika Sengar) - 2012

Zee Rishtey Awards Popular Face (Male) - 2012

Jhalak Dhikla Jaa Season 5 WINNER - 2012

Nach Baliye Shriman VS Shrimati "Best Performer of the Series" - 2013

SAIFTA Awards Best Male Actor - 2013

Nach Baliye Season 6 RUNNER-UP (with Debina Bonnerjee) - 2014
Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
..RamKiJanaki..
-MaanKiThush-
adigaag
123 mitul
Tilashini
puth
Ultimate-GCian
-Waheeda-
rani1209
ArYa_crazyluv
COLOGY
Annu8193
Priyasi
jasraj123
lovely_nikki
_GC-AK-Fan_
Ameeraalikhan
bglol
RosetteSunshine
GuruTheBest
muskan_sam
tellyme
_BlackPearl_
leenukiguru
saf24
Urooj2000
aditimaan
BDayGal-11Jan
disha_Maan.GC
jikky_84
Leevi05
poonamgarg
rud00
angel-ki-shona
uluvmg
amourfouGC
angel-ki-shona
Guruvishva
GC_TheKing
tanubag
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

When Gurmeet became a boxing trainer for Debina...

Dashing Gurmeet Choudhary trained his wife Debina Bonnerjee Choudhary in boxing to boost her stamina and strength for the stunt based show Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr ka Blockbuster.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 | 5:04:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   10 Comments  |  499 Views

Colors' popular reality show Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr ka Blockbusterfeaturing various popular names from the television industry is all set to hit the screens soon. The contestants prepared themselves by undergoing rigorous training sessions for doing daring stunts. 

The much loved couple Gurmeet and Debina also took an extensive training session to overcome their fear of performing stunts in the show.

We also got to know from our source that Gurmeet Choudhary gave boxing lessons to Debina Bonnerjee Choudhary on the sets of Khatron Ke Khiladi to make her well prepared for the stunts.

When asked Gurmeet about his boxing experience, he tells us, "One needs to have mental strength and stamina to perform stunts in shows like Khatron Ke Khiladi. Boxing gives you physical and mental strength. That's why we used to practice boxing." 

Gurmeet knows the tact of boxing very well and was training his wife Debina to boost her strength, "Debina is a quick learner. She is very strong mentally and physically. She did a good job while learning boxing. I am not a professional boxer but I know the basics of it as I have been practicing it. Practicing boxing gives you strength in your hands."

Talking about his experience of being a part of Khatron Ke Khiladi, he further adds, "It was a mind blowing experience for me as I love doing action. After watching my acting and dancing skills, people will be surprised to see me doing stunts. I will impress my fans with my stunts."

TellyBuzz also spoke to Debina to know about her boxing experience from Gurmeet and she says, "We used to keep practicing boxing every morning to get strength in my hands which is very important for any activity. Any stunt of activity requires a lot of hand and brain co-ordination. So, he used to teach me boxing and it was fun and interesting. He use to punch on my stomach and I had to keep my body stiff so that I should not feel the pain. It has enhanced my stamina, performance and balancing ability. It has helped me a lot."

We asked Debina whether was she petrified while learning boxing from Gurmeet or not, she says, "Not really! Gurmeet used to get scared because he used to tell me that I know that how to hit but you don't so you might hit me on my lungs. He used to panic because I was still learning. He is very good and also very fit. He is the best trainer."   

Its nice to know about your boxing experience Gurmeet and Debina. Keep up the good work! 

Anwesha Kamal

Priyasi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Congrats for the new thread guys...

GurbinaHolic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Congratulations for the new thread!😃
twni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
congrtzzz for new thread love u Gurmeet Choudhary
tellyme thumbnail
res...

thanks Janaki for creating the thread at this point too...😊
SheenGcian thumbnail
Congo Shongo for the New Thread Yaaro !!
SheenGcian thumbnail
Oops I made a bigg blunder
I wanted to post a Siggie by my frnd but ghalti se previous thread pe krdya 😆

Now lappy is gone.. Can anyone post that sig here !
COLOGY thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: BDayGal-11Jan

Oops I made a bigg blunder
I wanted to post a Siggie by my frnd but ghalti se previous thread pe krdya 😆

Now lappy is gone.. Can anyone post that sig here !

waha pe bhi paste nahi huha hain ji