Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ExpectoPatronum

My mind is totally blank as of now, more like someone has put a Confundus charm!

well thats not me though.. i dont know how to put a confundus charm..πŸ˜†
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Quixotic5

well thats not me though.. i dont know how to put a confundus charm..πŸ˜†

almost 20 pages of guesses but still we haven't got it right! What are we missing? πŸ˜”
ANSWER : "Mr & Mrs Granger" (.a.k.a "The Grangers"/"Hermoine's Parents")

Always in the background but no less important,
The Grangers were never in the forefront of the story unlike the parents& family of the other two leads ( Harry & Ron) in the story even though they were parents of one of lead's (Hermoine) of the series..In fact when questioned by a fan about the lack of scope for Hermoine's parents in the series , JKR said that they led a simple plane muggle life of a dentist couple & that there wasnt anything interesting to write about them..   
Bemused though we were of the new world but not hesitant.
Just like any other muggle parents, The Grangers too were surprised & confused when they found out about their daughter's mysterious abilities & the existence of a magical world..as is customary, someone from the magical world had to come & explain The Grangers about everything when Hermoine received her Hogwarts Letter.. they were undoubtedly bemused but quickly took pride in their daughter's identity , ability & education... 

Guided by an enthusiastic guide once, since it was all brand new,
"The enthusiastic guide" here is Mr. Weasley who guided The Grangers in The DiagonAlley since The Grangers werent used to the wizarding shops & bank & Arthur took keen interest in them for obvious reasons...
But this experience was quickly turned into an unpleasant bit by the one who favors only select few.
"The who favors only select few" here is (purebloodmaniac)  Lucious Malfoy & this is in reference to the war of words between Arthur & Lucious in the DiagonAlley wherein Lucious belittled Arthur for hanging out with the muggles (The Grangers)..This incident annoyed Molly & frightened The Grangers ..

The one who strives to gather bright prospectus was fascinated with us, though he wasn't sure if he really was,
"The who strives to gather bright prospectus" here is(obsessed with "collecting" bright students & improving contacts for selfish reasons)  Slughorn, & this is in reference to the incidence that took place in the Slug Club wherein Slughorn asked Hermoine about her parents to which she replied that they were Dentists & Slughorn more out of general manners than fascination said that it was  fascinating...although, he was curious to know about what the dentists do in the muggle world as he wasnt sure of it.. 
And yet another one was indeed genuinely fascinated for we too had our own class.
Mr Weasley obviously was genuinely fascinated with The Grangers.. & it is believed that The Grangers were proud of their education as Dentists hence they gave their daughter a very unique name that would reflect their class ...

Isolated from the perils,we were immersed into oblivion,
Hermoine erased all her memories from her parent's mind with the memory charm (obliviate) to protect them from the obvious dangers..
It was a necessity & it sure was plenty of fun.
Hermoine made sure that her parents will vacation in Australia for the time being or for as long as it was necessary since it was prudent for their protection..& well, a vacation in Australia is always fun :)

It was assumed in the end that we were better off,
Nothing concrete was mentioned about The Grangers towards the end of the series, but it was assumed that they united with their daughter again & all was well..
For it needed no more proof since the new era kicked-off.
Yup..even in the epilogue Ron's kids mention Mr.Weasley as "Granddad Weasley" meaning they were close with the Grangers too & called Mr.Granger "Granddad Granger". so everything was implied & needed no more proof..

Edit Hint 1 : "The one who strives to gather bright prospectus", here is Slughorn..😊
Self Explanatory

Edit Hint 2 : The answer is a being , its not a spell,potion or any other non living thing...😊
Self Explanatory

Edit Hint 3 : The answer is not any form of creature either but a being nevertheless..πŸ˜”
Self Explanatory

Edit Hint 4 : The answer is a "couple of being" & "not a group of beings", hopefully shouldnt be hard to crack the riddle now..πŸ€”
Self Explanatory

Edit Hint 5 : The answer is/are related to the Weasleys.. Phew!..
Self Explanatory - Through marriage of Ron & Hermoine...

Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yeh jawab to sirf riddle maker hi de sakta tha🀣
Im off fr a month now,,C ya guys..take care:-) 

Originally posted by: iluvOriginals

Yeh jawab to sirf riddle maker hi de sakta tha🀣

Im off fr a month now,,C ya guys..take care:-) 

aha..so now theres something wrong with my riddle?...πŸ€”
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

aha..so now theres something wrong with my riddle?...πŸ€”

Not like that but the line "one who favors a selected few" made us think about SnapeπŸ˜† Lucius never came to my mind

Not like that but the line "one who favors a selected few" made us think about SnapeπŸ˜† Lucius never came to my mind

Now that's a reasonable argument but I already posted the explanation to it in my answer post..😊

That is after all the purpose of a riddle, u may think of only one name/thing but there other possible perspectives for the same line that bodes well with the riddle..
SweetEtika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I could not have guess that in a millennium :p
.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

ANSWER : "Mr & Mrs Granger" (.a.k.a "The Grangers"/"Hermoine's Parents")

Always in the background but no less important,
The Grangers were never in the forefront of the story unlike the parents& family of the other two leads ( Harry & Ron) in the story even though they were parents of one of lead's (Hermoine) of the series..In fact when questioned by a fan about the lack of scope for Hermoine's parents in the series , JKR said that they led a simple plane muggle life of a dentist couple & that there wasnt anything interesting to write about them..   
Bemused though we were of the new world but not hesitant.
Just like any other muggle parents, The Grangers too were surprised & confused when they found out about their daughter's mysterious abilities & the existence of a magical world..as is customary, someone from the magical world had to come & explain The Grangers about everything when Hermoine received her Hogwarts Letter.. they were undoubtedly bemused but quickly took pride in their daughter's identity , ability & education... 

Guided by an enthusiastic guide once, since it was all brand new,
"The enthusiastic guide" here is Mr. Weasley who guided The Grangers in The DiagonAlley since The Grangers werent used to the wizarding shops & bank & Arthur took keen interest in them for obvious reasons...
But this experience was quickly turned into an unpleasant bit by the one who favors only select few.
"The who favors only select few" here is (purebloodmaniac)  Lucious Malfoy & this is in reference to the war of words between Arthur & Lucious in the DiagonAlley wherein Lucious belittled Arthur for hanging out with the muggles (The Grangers)..This incident annoyed Molly & frightened The Grangers ..

The one who strives to gather bright prospectus was fascinated with us, though he wasn't sure if he really was,
"The who strives to gather bright prospectus" here is(obsessed with "collecting" bright students & improving contacts for selfish reasons)  Slughorn, & this is in reference to the incidence that took place in the Slug Club wherein Slughorn asked Hermoine about her parents to which she replied that they were Dentists & Slughorn more out of general manners than fascination said that it was  fascinating...although, he was curious to know about what the dentists do in the muggle world as he wasnt sure of it.. 
And yet another one was indeed genuinely fascinated for we too had our own class.
Mr Weasley obviously was genuinely fascinated with The Grangers.. & it is believed that The Grangers were proud of their education as Dentists hence they gave their daughter a very unique name that would reflect their class ...

Isolated from the perils,we were immersed into oblivion,
Hermoine erased all her memories from her parent's mind with the memory charm (obliviate) to protect them from the obvious dangers..
It was a necessity & it sure was plenty of fun.
Hermoine made sure that her parents will vacation in Australia for the time being or for as long as it was necessary since it was prudent for their protection..& well, a vacation in Australia is always fun :)

It was assumed in the end that we were better off,
Nothing concrete was mentioned about The Grangers towards the end of the series, but it was assumed that they united with their daughter again & all was well..
For it needed no more proof since the new era kicked-off.
Yup..even in the epilogue Ron's kids mention Mr.Weasley as "Granddad Weasley" meaning they were close with the Grangers too & called Mr.Granger "Granddad Granger". so everything was implied & needed no more proof..

Edit Hint 1 : "The one who strives to gather bright prospectus", here is Slughorn..😊
Self Explanatory

Edit Hint 2 : The answer is a being , its not a spell,potion or any other non living thing...😊
Self Explanatory

Edit Hint 3 : The answer is not any form of creature either but a being nevertheless..πŸ˜”
Self Explanatory

Edit Hint 4 : The answer is a "couple of being" & "not a group of beings", hopefully shouldnt be hard to crack the riddle now..πŸ€”
Self Explanatory

Edit Hint 5 : The answer is/are related to the Weasleys.. Phew!..
Self Explanatory - Through marriage of Ron & Hermoine...

OMG! 😲
i certainly couldnt have guessed this. 😳
brilliant riddle Akash! πŸ‘πŸΌ