Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priya_nv thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Lumos

god my HP knowledge is deteriorating..priya what happened in that scene?

In the book, Crabbe and Goyle were with Draco but in the movie it's Zabini... I wondered what happened to Crabbe when I first watched the movie... Crabbe kind a sticks out so missed him in that scene πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: Lumos

guys where does the question of "prejudice" come..word used is "loathe"...majority wizards are prejudiced agnst muggles but majority don't loathe them, do they?

roshni is it Bellatrix?..she loathed muggles..didnt care if u didn't as she was on her arrogant self always...it certainly was v v diff to please "madam lestrange" πŸ˜†...fortunes inherited,yes...suspicious, in a way yes as black family was one of the controversial...abt the bigger role..well bella's role was much more pronounced in the movie HBP(if this is what u r referring to)..she was present in the astronomy tower in movies..in books she wasnt... 

next guess would be umbridge...but she wasnt wealthy..so maybe its wrong...

You know , there is a very thin line between "prejudice" & "loathe".. plus if u go by the history of the thread, each riddle & words used therein r from the riddle maker's perspective.. so there might b a teeny tiny possibility that "loathe" here means "prejudice".. but there is a huge possibility that I might b wrong..

About Blaise Zabini's mother, she was totally absent from the movies..even in the book ,she is only mentioned once..she was this increadibly beautiful woman who married 7 times..each of her husbands was a wealthy man who died under mysterious circumstances.. & she ended up inheriting her husband's wealth every time she was widowed..although, I do hope I m not confusing her with someone else..my HP knowledge is also stale..anyways, since she was barely mentioned in the book & absent from movies, she can b ruled out ..but her son son Blaise may b the answer..
rope_and_anchor thumbnail
loathe - feel intense dislike or disgust for.
to be prejudiced against someone - have a negative opinion about someone without actually knowing the person, probably resulting in harm

I stand by what I said, even if you ALL disagree. Being prejudiced about Muggles could be correct for many, as they are not aware of how the Muggle world functions. But I don't think all these people loathed, or were prejudiced against Muggles. Sorry.

rope_and_anchor thumbnail
Priya guesses correctly once again!πŸ‘
It's Blaise Zabini.

I loathe you if you love Muggles,
He hated Muggles and Blood traitors, as he once expressed his intense disgust for Ginny despite her being pretty, for the same reason.

But oh well! Neither do I care much if you don't.

He never had much respect for anyone. In fact, he ridiculed Draco when Lucius was outed as a Death Eater.

Hard luck, if you wish to please me,
As approval is something, I give won't.

As said by Pansy, it was incredibly hard to impress him. Plus, he never thought highly of even his fellow Slug-Club members.

Wealth, I inherited - in multifolds, in fact,
Suspicious though, it may seem.

Through the deaths of the seven husbands of his mother, all under suspicious circumstances.

And a trivia now - I played a bigger role in a movie,
Than it was originally deemed.

In Deathly Hallows Part 2, instead of Crabbe, it's Zabini who accompanies Goyle in the Room of Requirement. Whatever happened to Crabbe in the book happened to Goyle, and whatever happened to Goyle in the book happened to Zabini. The reason for this being, Jamie Waylett who played Crabbe was arrested for culture and possession of marijuana in real life.
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: roshni_rj

to be prejudiced against someone - have a negative opinion about someone without actually knowing the person, probably resulting in harm

I stand by what I said, even if you ALL disagree. Being prejudiced about Muggles could be correct for many, as they are not aware of how the Muggle world functions. But I don't think all these people loathed, or were prejudiced against Muggles. Sorry.

well I agree completely πŸ‘πŸΌ

overall a nice riddle roshni,,and a good debut here πŸ˜ƒ
but ive a few questions...could u explain that approval line a bit more? also, that story abt the mother...i never knew...i totally seem to be losing touch..could u point out where in the book(which book, n if possible in which chapter😳) is it mentioned..i would want to read about this..its intriguing πŸ˜Š
Lumos thumbnail

"wanted" πŸ˜† πŸ˜† list of members who have not yet debuted here...

--Almas
--Linaya
--Shivangi
--Mehr

come on guys..buck up and let us have a taste of ur creations too... πŸ˜Š

btw where are linaya n shivangi..not to be seen here since long...
and when is twila coming back??

Originally posted by: roshni_rj

Duh !!! ..πŸ˜” πŸ˜”

There is no question of disagreeing ..bcoz that is indeed the meaning of 'loathe'.. but it is a pity that even after so many riddles some people here failed to grasp what I meant..but oh well!.. what does it matter now?!!.. it was a terrific riddle!!.. good job!!..πŸ‘
Lumos thumbnail

ok, here's one from me..
its simple..if u know my styleπŸ˜‰..i generally base by riddles(majority times though not always) on stuff that has inspired/intrigued me...i always wanted to make one on this..now..i've given the clues even before riddling πŸ˜†
ive truncated last two lines which were give-aways..will reveal if u dont get in a few tries...
so, shall i expect the answer in a jiffy?😊
enjoy--πŸ˜ƒ

Myths or Muggles, you'll find my mention in either world,  
Past or Future, my Present would cling to both.
My assistance saved the conqueror-of-death from death,
Also, at a besiege-cusp, I turned the tables in a breath.
There are lessons to be learnt from my life,
to bounce back mightier, when the worst is rife. 

additional lines:
I serve as a healer, attacker, and a soother,
The story would've ended long back sans my charm in the two brothers. 

Edited by Lumos - 9 years ago
@ Lumos
is it a wand ?..πŸ˜•

but i wonder how it can b used in muggle world...πŸ˜•...may b it can b used as a wooden stick if nothing else..πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

otherwise "a wand" or rather "the elder wand" fits all clues...😊
Lumos thumbnail

Originally posted by: Akash005

@ Lumos

is it a wand ?..πŸ˜•

but i wonder how it can b used in muggle world...πŸ˜•...may b it can b used as a wooden stick if nothing else..πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

otherwise "a wand" or rather "the elder wand" fits all clues...😊

no akash its not a wand...

by usage i meant not literal use...but haha how to put it ...ahmm..ok yeah...it  means the answer finds use in muggle lexicon...like i suppose every muggle who has not read HP would def have come across it...so just take usage as use as a lexicon... thats why i used usage and not use..but yeah..maybe i should have been clear in the riddle...

and i just edited the first word..actually i had used "myths" originally but then changed it to magic..but now ive reverted.. πŸ˜†..as yeah myths fit better πŸ˜ƒ Edited by Lumos - 9 years ago