Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Buffie

wow....so this is made a global sticky ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜† ..guess gallery,your feared that your thread might be locked when you put it but,but it has become a global sticky now...look at the irony ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜›

you can call me Ahmed....  thanks to MODS again๐Ÿ˜ƒ.. thats what i said i never had any issue with them๐Ÿ˜Š.. but realised other had esp when there thread is locked.

wizgal thumbnail

Originally posted by: guess_gallery

agree with your first point mods are always there to help... but what if member have prople with mods๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....mods perform good task in maintaining peace in every thread.

but giving duty of mods to every member....for some period ,... its not a good one ... u look to be really interested in being a mod.....๐Ÿ˜‰

hehe...actually, no...coz I know its one hell of a task..tryin 2 keep soo many people happy at the same time.

But the reason why I am suggesting this is because its only when you step into someone else's shoes that you can understand their point of view. And some people do feel left out if they dont hav a responsibility, so it would be a gud way 2 please all๐Ÿ˜‰

JinK thumbnail
Hi guys,
      I don't know this topic will survive or will be closed. There are many mods here, Channel as well as Global and normal ones too. There are many members here. Some may be happy with mods few may not.
So, few questions
1) Are mods always right?

Well, it's a Global Announcement๐Ÿ˜› No, mods are not always right. And I am a Cool Viewbie, so I'm also talking personally. Sometimes moderators do lose their cool. But for me, this always happens whenever the members of a forum go on a bashing spree, bashing actors, members and mods!

2) What should we do if we are having problem with a mod?
Then you should PM a GM, CM, moderator or viewbie. The admins are very busy so I don't think they'll be able to reply quickly.

3) Should there be a complain box directly reaching to vijay bhai or vidya ji.(any other suggestion )
A complain box... Hmm, I'm not exactly sure. I mean, the admins are far too busy. One that reaches all mods would be good, but most of the development team members are quite busy at all times, so that's why I'm not too sure.

4) When usually mods go wrong (is it partiality)
I feel mods are not always correct, same as your boss who is not always correct. I have seen few members they have left this forum coz of this issue. Lekin, its there personal decision. I too agree this is not a se serious issue like politics to have a complain box lekin some things should need to be cleared out if any confusion. Regading mods going wrong.. after all human so might go wrong.

As I said earlier, if the members of a forum are misbehaving repeatedly, then I do get very angry and lose patience sometimes, I'm far from perfect. But if a member ever PMs me and says that they have a complain about me, I immediately forward the entire PM to a global moderator or post it in our section, so that the member's problem can get resolved.

I want your opinions on mods and plz no negative talking abt any specific mods (wait till complain box).
I know every one enjoys there mods company and seek help from them no one will have any sort of problem lekin as I vist many threads I see people get depress if there topic is closed without being given any valid reason. So you can tell abt that or any other issue but be true to urself....

I try to have a note before closing the topic, like "Thanks, already posted, closed" at least. If it is a bashing topic, I normally post an announcement warning and close the topic.

How much responsibility does a mod should have??

I feel that the responsibilities now are enough. Making sure the forum is clean, no bashing, no comments in topics which say no comments clearly, no spamming, warn members via PM if they are misbehaving, and if they don't listen then, with the permission of moderators, warning level increases.

no holds barred... hmm, well, if anybody posts even the most horrible remarks about someone, then remember that they can not even pm a member of the development team, and if they do, it will be ignored.
sowmyaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

Consider democratically electing Mods for every forum every 6 months.
BTW Sowmyaa, you have my vote...so did Aparna.

Thanks Abhijit.. it seems like a fair idea, but scary too. Think what if all shaitan members vote for shaitans and than they have to run the forum ..... ๐Ÿค”

Other thing is if we have new mods every 6 mths lot of new members would be confused as to who to go for help.. ๐Ÿ˜›
teenindia_usa thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

Every 6 months members who have been most active during last 6 months - say 200 posts on that section - can stand in election and the members can vote -single voting- for their pick. The three candidates with the most votes are mods for the next 6 months with a two term limit at a time. 

interesting concept so u plan on writing this out?

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: wizgal

But, I think it would be a good idea 2 give
all the regular members a chance to be moderator for some period of time, say, for a week....it will give dem a sense of belonging & responsibility

Not all....I for one believe that I can NEVER be a judicious moderator๐Ÿคข...

But yes,There so many many competent members,so deserving,  composed and neutral ,who do need to be given a chance...I know so mnay members of DM and JJKN who are so good,so mature....Its but fair that they need to be given a fair crack of thw whip...๐Ÿ˜Š

honeylime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
guess_gallery wrote:

1) Are mods always right?

Not Alwayz, but ppl look at it in diff ways...I might be wrong here, but...There are times where the topics are closed without giving any reason which hurts the member, whoz posted it.  I really feel that mods and members should share a good rapport as these mods were once members too๐Ÿ˜›

2) What should we do if we are having problem with a mod?

I think the best way to sort it out is by PMing the mod...

3) Should there be a complain box directly reaching to vijay bhai or vidya ji.(any other suggestion )

I guess we should have such a system coz vidya and vijay might not find few things wrong like the mods do...Ppl have different perspectives and it does help sometimes.

4) When usually mods go wrong (is it partiality)

I feel mods are not always correct, same as your boss who is not always correct. I have seen few members they have left this forum coz of this issue. Lekin, its there personal decision. I too agree this is not a se serious issue like politics to have a complain box lekin some things should need to be cleared out if any confusion. Regading mods going wrong.. after all human so might go wrong.

Yup nobody is perfect and we all do mistakes...I am not personally talking abt a mod as I dont have anything against them....๐Ÿ˜ณ

I personally feel there should be a proper warning level system where...

1. In certain uncontrollable circumstances a member is warned...

2. The mod should try and request the member thru a PM  (instead of plain warning for a petty thing) that S/he shouldn't do things which the mods feel is not right. As most members don't realize tat they r doing something wrong.

3. There are times where the posts aren't as bad as it needs to be warned, so the mods should try and understand that we are not going overboard.

4. I also feel tat mods sometimes should try n overlook certain members who have created trouble in the past, they r not the culprit each time for new troubles.

I know every one enjoys there mods company and seek help from them no one will have any sort of problem lekin as I vist many threads I see people get depress if there topic is closed without being given any valid reason.

well, mods should try and understand that the members lowe them too, we dont wanna put them in a rough situation each time ๐Ÿ˜›...

How much responsibility does a mod should have??

I think my answer is in ur 4th question...

P.S: I don't have any thing against any mods....
Me2, I dont have anything against anybody, I have been a happy member since 2005 ๐Ÿ˜› But, itz just tat, I feel sad for my fellow members ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I know few, all are helpful esp the great Bhaskar Bhai.

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Another question how did this become a sticky? we have been having issues like this 4 ages in many sections?
Why suddenly are we raising our voices?
does it mean suddenly its a whole india forum issue?

Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: sowmyaa

Thanks Abhijit.. it seems like a fair idea, but scary too. Think what if all shaitan members vote for shaitans and than they have to run the forum ..... ๐Ÿค”

Other thing is if we have new mods every 6 mths lot of new members would be confused as to who to go for help.. ๐Ÿ˜›

haha,i know you're talking about the shaitans of JJKN๐Ÿ˜†....LOL,we're brats for sure,but I dont think we are unfair....๐Ÿ˜Š A fair neutral member would be chosen๐Ÿ˜Š

A shaitan  who's forte is bashing would never get to be a mod(albeit I know one of my fellow shaitans who so badly wants to be a mod lol๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†)

wizgal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Buffie

Not all....I for one believe that I can NEVER be a judicious moderator๐Ÿคข...

But yes,There so many many competent members,so deserving,  composed and neutral ,who do need to be given a chance...I know so mnay members of DM and JJKN who are so good,so mature....Its but fair that they need to be given a fair crack of thw whip...๐Ÿ˜Š

Yeah, thats exactly what I mean... the members who r credible enough & are ready to volunteer.. should be given a chance. The overall supervison will ofcourse be wid the permanent moderator, but the volunteers can take judgement regarding controversial topics, and post sticky topics etc etc