ArHi SS: Swayamvar | COMPLETE | 31/7

chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Welcome everyone! I am very happy to present a new story- one based off one of my biggest guilty pleasures- bad reality TV. I will admit it, during my vacations, I shamefully- or shamelessly- watch the Bachelor and pick favorites.

This story is inspired by that very show, the one with the odd host and the modern day swayamvar- and so, I present to you: 

Swayamvar- or "The Bachelor"- Arnav and Khushi Style

Banner Credit: Manreet, perhaps one of my favorite people ever!

Banner Credit to Sami (ssyahoo), for this AMAZING piece!

Posting: I'm posting this story on both the blog and IF, and link to the blog will be at the end of every chapter.

Commenting: Comments are not required, but very welcome! Both here and/or the blog is fine.

Updates: Hopefully, updates will be every week. But that depends on how hectic my life gets. I will be traveling a lot in the upcoming months, and this story depends on that. 

I will PM for this story, if so desired- however, I would seriously like to encourage you to follow the blog, which can be found here or follow me on Twitter @ipkchotidesi.

INDEX:

Teaser: Chapter Four
Chapter Seven (both parts up)
Chapter Nine (Arnav)
Edited by chotidesi - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Prologue:

"... 10 single women. Ready, to open their hearts and find love. The only thing standing in the way... Is each other."

"Cut!"

The beady eyed man runs his hands through his hair irritatedly, glaring at me as I hit the stop button on the giant camera sitting in front of me.

"God Khushi, I told you. You need to zoom in on my face when I pause, okay? Dramatic effect. I thought you were supposed to be the "smart one"."

The air quotations around smart one make me wince, and I shove my thick rimmed glasses up my nose as I refocus the lens.

"Take 30!"

"No! Not yet, NK! Can't you see that my foundation is melting? You need to turn down these lights. They wash me out."

"You haven't even seen the damn recording, Shyam."

"I know what makes me look washed out. And I refuse to continue until you turn down the lights."

NK rolls his eyes, and I struggle to remember why exactly I'm doing this again.

Chashmish, the genius writer in high school who was supposed to be the script writer for Hollywood, Bollywood, and every other wood out there, is sitting behind the camera of a trashy reality TV shows with diva hosts.

What an ironic twist.

I was supposed to be the successful one, the one that looked down upon everyone else at my ten year high school reunion, and everyone was supposed to know me for my Oscar winning screenplays.

Ideally, I would have a nice row of those polished, shining statues lining my dark ebony shelves. And I would have enough money to retire at age thirty, marry another rich guy, and have cute babies.

But three rejected scripts later, I'm twenty eight, broke, and filming the ripoff version off the Bachelor aimed at elderly Desi aunties who live with their engineer sons and watch this as they chop bhindi for the night's dinner, judging every girl for their too short skirts, their too thick thighs, and their scandalously low V-necks.

The fact that they're making out with the latest rich, spoilt Desi brat does not help matters.

I have yet to see this new bakra, the one that's been put into a modern version of the Swayamvar. The first guy who was supposed to be the Bachelor backed out when Mummy threw a hissy fit, claiming that the girls were not on par with her ladla beta.

And so this one was picked to replace him.

I squint into the lens, attempting to focus in on Shyam's primping face as a tall, broad shouldered shadow covers the light, ready to make his grand entrance.

"And... Action!"

The man steps out from underneath the glare, and my hand slips, unfocusing all that I had so carefully set up. My mouth falls open as I stare at the man in front of me.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't little miss Chashmish."

--MISHTEE-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Loved d start
continue soon
fanAR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
res YES 

first page :)) 

I am editing after ages, please forgive me . I just read the latest chapter . oh my i feel bad for khushi.. her relationship with her parents is in bad place. Arnav heard everything😲 lets see what can happen now. 
I honestly can't wait to read farther. I am gonna miss you on your vocation . enjoy to fullest and update when you can :))  

Edited by fanAR - 9 years ago
honey-sweety thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Awww ineresting Prologue

...ASB100... thumbnail
Wow! Never thought I would say this about The Bachelor, but this is a great concept to adapt into a story. And I loved Arnav's entry. Gives me butterflies...in my body ;)
 Can't wait to read more :)
Arshi_fanad thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Read the prologue and I am pretty damn sure that I am going to love this. Off to read your other works.
famiya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
interesting start
loved it
Amita2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome prologue!!!!!
Can't wait to read more..
Arshix144 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Well, well, well look what we have got ourselves here, our very own Choti putting her writer's cap on and writing the story we all wanted to read!

Prologue is fantastic! You Go Choti, I am so darn excited it ain't funny!
Really glad to be part of this journey with you and I cannot cannot wait for chapter one already!