Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SIR.MEOWINGTON thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Cocktails

Honestly I find him over rated now! There are much better composers than him nowadays! 

I still don't think he is over rated, coz he really is good and has given some of the finest tracks out there. He just has kinda peaked, but that happens to everyone. Just like highs there will be lows too.

But there is no denying that there are other really good composers too. For eg. Amit Trivedi!
For me Lootera was phenomenal, and an absolute masterpiece. Just writing about it gives me goosebumps. His Kai Po che also. 👏
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
As a huge AR Rahman lover, huge disappointment.
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
& after listening the title track of Raanjhnaa, I thought ARR is back.
SIR.MEOWINGTON thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: eeyoretel

Oh Raanjhnaa too!! 😳

I did not like Jai ho from slumdog millionaire also that much.
 I liked the back ground score though!
Edited by SIR.MEOWINGTON - 9 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Now, I loved that track and the entire album.😒 Raanjhaana title track is catchy I have to say
UsernameLoading thumbnail

Maestro A R Rahman has scored the music for actor Saif Ali Khan's upcoming home production Lekar Hum Deewana Dil', which marks the debut of legendary actor Raj Kapoor's grandson Armaan in Bollywood.

Armaan will be seen opposite South beauty Deeksha in the film.

"I really enjoyed working with Arif Ali (director), Dinoo (producer Dinesh Vijan) and Amitabh (lyricist Amitabh Bhattacharya). Khalifa' (song) is a result of our jam session we had before making the soundtrack of the film. Hope people embrace it and support this effort," Rahman said in a statement here.

The song Khalifa', which was released recently, has been written and composed in just one night.

"Khalifa' being the first and main song of the film.. and had to be catchy... we were in search of a perfect phrase or a word and that is when I came up with the word Khalifa' it means being a leader, it was a perfect thought which fell in place," Amitabh said.

The song has been shot across various hot spots in Mumbai.

Eros International & Illuminati Films' Lekar Hum Deewana Dil' directed by Arif Ali, younger brother of ace director Imtiaz Ali, is scheduled to release on July 4.

++

Odd one out but I loved the Highway music

zaniax thumbnail
Such an average song..hard to believe its by AR Rehman.
He has officially lost his touch. 👎🏼

Originally posted by: UsernameLoading

Odd one out but I loved the Highway music

Me too Me too!although I love the underrated tracks from the film like Tu Kuja and Sooha Saaha more than the popular ones like Maahi Ve and Pataka Guddi.

And I guess,we both are the only ones in the forum who loved the film and are obsessed about Highway!😆

The sitar tunes along with the tabla in between the song..uff!
I actually started liking the songs of Raanjhnaa after watching the film coz I felt it sounded better along with the visuals.
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You ARR Pankha/Pankhis are overreacting. I'm sure within a week you all would say -- Khalifa song is growing on me. 😆 Edited by eeyoretel - 9 years ago