Eijaz Khan latest Interview

nandinidavid96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news-interviews/All-actors-are-very-insecure-Eijaz-Khan/articleshow/33956625.cms?
While TV and film personality Eijaz Khan is waiting for the release of his upcoming movie Lucky Kabootar , he cannot resist himself from doing an episode of Sony TV's 'Encounter'. The crime thriller based on encounters is hosted by Bollywood star Manoj Bajpaye.

" Doing 'Encounter' is actually an encounter," states Eijaz jovially. " It's a very performance oriented show and my role is very challenging. I never expected the shoot to be so awesome. Initially, I was not convinced to play a police inspector as I had never done a good character. I asked whether they can make me a goon. However, I got convinced with the script. I have also grown a moustache for this role and I am damn excited," shares Eijaz.

READ: Eijaz to play a cop?

When asked Eijaz about the current TV scenario, he said, " It's very unfortunate that a show is shut down immediately after few months of its launch without giving a fair chance to survive. On the other hand all actors are very insecure. They don't like to be in their own skin but always want to be in some or the other character. But the bottom line remains the same. That is money. Once the show stops giving the required benefits, it has no right to survive on the channel."

Eijaz Khan will share the screen space with Chetan Hansraj.

WATCH: Eijaz Khan performance

Edited by nandinidavid96 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Elita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TFS Nandini... and here's more news on Eijaz's upcoming show with 24 Frames on Star Plus.  

TellychakkarTeam

Saraswatichandra gets the axe; to be pulled out from Star Plus in June

Star Plus has a line-up of shows waiting in the wings to fly high. However, the channel does not have vacant slots to fit in their promising new line-up. Hence, there is a need to axe existing shows.

After Meri Bhabhi was compensated for the launch of the big-ticket show from the Cinevistaas banner Ek Hasina Thi, it seems to be the turn of Sphere Origins' Saraswatichandra to get the axe next.

A source maintains, "The Gautam Rode-Jennifer Winget show Saraswatichandra will go off air sometime in June. As of now, the date that is being talked about is 26 June. However, the show might be dragged on for a while more, if the new show demands more time for its launch."

For the uninitiated, Saraswatichandra was helmed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali when it started. However, the ace producer's efforts did not bring in numbers, and that is when Sphere Origins took over.

Though the show has been popular, it has never been a major TRP-getter for the channel. It has done consistently well, but there is a need for newer programming to branch in.

Nandita Mehra and Bhairavi Raichura's (24 Frames) show on the international series Missing is tentatively slated to replace Saraswatichandra. But again, that might see a change.

Other shows that are in the pipeline happen to be Miditech's aviation based show Airlines, and Suzana Ghai and Hemant Ruprell, Ranjeet Thakur's (Panorama Entertainment) upcoming show Ek Ladki Suhani Si.

We tried calling Producer Sunjoy Wadhwa, and dropped a text message too, but did not receive any response till the time of filing the story.

------------*--------------------*---------------------*-------------------*---------------*-----------------*--------------*

Hope this rumour turns out to be true...so we can see Eijaz onscreen soon.

Edited by Elita - 10 years ago
Elita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Another Eijaz's interview on his role in Sony Tv's Encounter http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/sympathise-respect-cops-after-doing-encounter-eijaz-khan/

Sympathise, respect cops after doing Encounter': Eijaz Khan

Eijaz said he was not interested in doing reality shows.

Popular TV actor Eijaz Khan, who is playing a cop in Encounter', has said the real-life encounter of gangster Maya Dolas in Mumbai is recreated on small screen in the show.

The encounter was depicted on the silver screen in Bollywood film Shootout At Lokhandwala' earlier.
In the show, Chetan Hansraj will play the role of the dreaded gangster.

"I have not taken any references from anyone. But I made sure that I get their (policemen) mannerisms correct right from holding guns to how they stand and behave in front of their seniors. I hope that I have portrayed them properly," Eijaz told PTI.

Eijaz said this was his first role as a cop.

"After wearing uniform, the authority comes automatically. It was a good experience," he said, adding the shootout incident is "fictionalised" to a certain extent for the show.

Eijaz, who has grown a moustache for the role, said his perception towards policemen changed after doing this show.

"The perception has definitely changed. It is easy to criticise and say anything about them (cops). One should stand for 12-16 hours, work round-the-clock leaving behind their personal life. I look upto them, salute, respect and sympathise with them," said Eijaz who was last seen in Punarvivah 2.

Eijaz said he was not interested in doing reality shows.

"I am not that keen on doing reality shows. Dancing interests me, it's a passion for me but not competition. I was offered Jhalak Dikhla Jaa' last season but due to my shoulder injury, I couldn't do the show. I am ok with it," he said.

nandinidavid96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
@ Elita - Thank you so much for the piece of information, hope star plus show stars soon !!
meenu0701 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow there are more of eijaz interview
thanks for sharing 😉
Anisha_anitan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Tfs great hope it's eijaz on sp next
shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
All this shows.. How hurt is Eijaz on close down on PV-2

When asked Eijaz about the current TV scenario, he said, " It's very unfortunate that a show is shut down immediately after few months of its launch without giving a fair chance to survive. On the other hand all actors are very insecure. They don't like to be in their own skin but always want to be in some or the other character. But the bottom line remains the same. That is money. Once the show stops giving the required benefits, it has no right to survive on the channel."

There is always a reason why I hate this Zee-Tv..!!! SC is planning to close it shutter in June?? Well.. this is April.. we are aware 2 months before hand.!! But zee sucks to the core in this matter..!!